NBA Live 10 News Post

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 blues rocker @ 08/11/09 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
The running seems a bit robotic. I mean they hustle animation looks awesome but afer they hustle for the ball, the players don't look in a rush to get into defend. They are running casually and sort of robotic.

yep - that's what I noticed. On fast breaks, the players don't look like they're really sprinting at full speed - they're kind of just jogging casually - EA needs to add another level of running speed for fast breaks only - i want to see guys really sprinting to the hoop and running as hard as they can.

# 142 EZ Snappin @ 08/11/09 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
lol, sure. A lumbering, unathletic (no disrespect, greatest defender of all time), 6'9 PF/C invented the chasedown.

He may have been the first player to use it (I'm sure you're thinking of the ONE clip in existence of Russell getting a chasedown block on a fast break and swatting it out of bounds, which he says a shot-blocker should never do), but Josh Smith was absolutely without a DOUBT the first player to make it part of his defensive arsenal.
Josh Smith may be the best practitioner of the art in the modern game, but you are seriously misrepresenting Russell. He was the fastest man on those Celtics teams, a collegiate track and field star known for his freakish athleticism (much like his rival Wilt). He would, with some regularity, get a defensive rebound and beat the other team down the court for an easy score.

I trust my father and grandfather, who saw probably a hundred of his games, when they say he did this, and not "one time." Just because there isn't much footage doesn't mean it didn't happen.

# 143 Jano @ 08/11/09 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
The running seems a bit robotic. I mean they hustle animation looks awesome but afer they hustle for the ball, the players don't look in a rush to get into defend. They are running casually and sort of robotic.
It was like that last year too its only a minor gripe for me though. As long as I can still move fast on the break with quicker players I can live with it because other than that everything else looked pretty good. In fact the running animation seems like the only one that still has that awkwardness to it imo.

# 144 stephensonmc @ 08/11/09 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
Oh, I most definitely will. I'm getting Kobe first thing and attacking the rim. And my first demo impression will be the results of that action.

O, and those are some bold statements you've been making. You sir have been added to my sig.
hold me to it. Enjoy

# 145 stephensonmc @ 08/11/09 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
yep - that's what I noticed. On fast breaks, the players don't look like they're really sprinting at full speed - they're kind of just jogging casually - EA needs to add another level of running speed for fast breaks only - i want to see guys really sprinting to the hoop and running as hard as they can.
keep in mind you saw Kidd and Fisher...not exactly burners (although they did get seperation from big men).

Try the same with DWADE, LeBron, Kobe, CP, D-will...different kind of speed my man.

# 146 EZ Snappin @ 08/11/09 11:15 PM
Quote:
I wouldn't dare compare Russell's alleged athleticism to Chamberlain's-- that's gotta be illegal. Also, I didn't say it didn't happen more than once.

I know basketball history-- it's in my blood, so you can't preach to me or try to educate me on this matter. Believe me.
I'm not going to continue this - we've gone so off topic as to be silly - but Russell was a 400m sprinter of note and an Olympic caliber high jumper, with numbers comparable to, or better than, Wilt's in the same events. That anyone could describe him as lumbering is just a horrible mistake.

And remember, after all, Josh Smith is about the same size as Russell. And with about as good an outside shot.

# 147 JerryBrownakalebron @ 08/11/09 11:16 PM
U already have my $60. I love how the game looks. Great job stephensonmc and the rest of the NBA live producers. As long as lebron looks like himself and has signature moves I will be happy

# 148 navyboy09 @ 08/11/09 11:17 PM
why are yall arguing over josh smith starting the chase down blocks...WHO CARES!!! just talk about the video marcus put out for us to see. damn that pisses me off when half the posts are b**ching back and forth.

# 149 yungflo @ 08/11/09 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
Yeah, I agree. they are passively swaying their arms. Its not really the level of speed. I think it has to do with the animation. If a player wants to run for a fast break, he should look more urgent. Its all about authenticity. It seemed like it was a scrimmage. lol Kinda bummy for me as I was looking to buy a basketball game, and this was definitely looking better than its competitor until I saw that video.

I'm taking it with a grain of salt tho. Demo is not out and its not a final product. But I hope they fix that.

Also with the hoop. It doesn't look too rich. the graphic and animation still need to be fixed.

I can't wait for the demo though

# 150 Jano @ 08/11/09 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
keep in mind you saw Kidd and Fisher...not exactly burners (although they did get seperation from big men).

Try the same with DWADE, LeBron, Kobe, CP, D-will...different kind of speed my man.
Wow that's great news if they have their own animations for sprinting w/ ball.

Or is it just a difference in speed only like in Live 09?

# 151 Dantecamp21 @ 08/11/09 11:23 PM
This game is pretty to look at. The thing that catches the eye the most is the OUTSTANDING lightning. The arenas feel very distinct because of it.

On the Mike Wang trailer we could even see the "foggy" effect that resides inside the TD Banknorth Garden. In this latest trailer, during the Nash play, we have a beautiful shot of the US Airways Center upper level, full of details.

Marcus, I hope the AT&T Center has been re-modeled. In Live 09 it had the same roof as the the Pepsi Center and the tunnels were in the wrong place (in real life they are behind both backboards).

# 152 yungflo @ 08/11/09 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Wow that's great news if they have their own animations for sprinting w/ ball.

Or is it just a difference in speed only like in Live 09?
I hope the first sentence is true lol.

# 153 RICH72601 @ 08/11/09 11:32 PM
Quote:

That's always one thing that bothered me also. It just seems they really don't know they're on a fast break. I'm sure the speeds will be different but their running approach to get ahead is lacking. If I get a steal and there's daylight, I'm off to the races and I'm going to attack the basket hard and aggressively, especially with someone chasing me down. Fishers layup would be blocked if I was that close to him and he put it up that weak.

Live, use that good foot planting. We need to see a more aggressive push-off transition into a sprint. Like my high school coach use to say "stop *****footing, act like you wanna get there".

# 154 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/11/09 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH72601
That's always one thing that bothered me also. It just seems they really don't know they're on a fast break. I'm sure the speeds will be different but their running approach to get ahead is lacking. If I get a steal and there's daylight, I'm off to the races and I'm going to attack the basket hard and aggressively, especially with someone chasing me down. Fishers layup would be blocked if I was that close to him and he put it up that weak.

Live, use that good foot planting. We need to see a more aggressive push-off transition into a sprint. Like my high school coach use to say "stop *****footing, act like you wanna get there".
Amen to this!

# 155 Jano @ 08/11/09 11:35 PM
Yeah so do I yungflo it would be just like last year if it wasn't.

# 156 RayDog253 @ 08/11/09 11:37 PM
Quote:
... dude.

How long have you been watching the NBA? Josh Smith was gettin chasedown blocks while LeBron was in high school.
What are talking about? lebron was drafted in '03 and Josh Smith wasn't drafted until '04 ...and sorry for bringing this back up, but i just couldn't let it slide.

# 157 HoosierDaddy @ 08/11/09 11:46 PM
As others have said, the lighting and benches look amazing. I love the fact that you can now be rewarded with smart plays and utilize player strengths to take advantage of a average ball-handler. As far as the comments about the robotic feel to the players, I think it's dramatically improved from previous years, if I had any gripe about the animations - it's that the point where the player reaches down to pick up the loose ball is abnormally too fast. Takes away from the clean animation, IMO. Overall though great stuff EA.

Marcus (or other EA devs) I have a few questions if you don't mind.

1) I understand this video was to show the hustle plays, but every single time there was a steal/loose ball the defender got the possession. Will this be an issue?

2) Many of the steal animations are actually reach-in fouls (especially the ones going across the ball handlers body) - that would likely be called a foul, are there occasions where neither player retains possession of a loose ball animation and a foul is called?

3) It sounds like the old rim/net sound effects are still being used in this video, is that right? Is there in fact new sounds like was mentioned in a previous thread?

4) What percent is this build at, if you had to put a number on it?

# 158 RayDog253 @ 08/11/09 11:48 PM
Quote:
I not only promise it, I guarantee it.

Try it first thing in the demo.
LOL, my friend isn't going to like that. He hated '09 cause he couldn't dunk at will and abuse the steal button (he's a big cheeser, spin move spin move dunk in 2k9). Before that he would just bomb 3's every possession. Back on topic though, I hope if the player does get bye the defender we'll still have a chance to block the dunk, and not just get the foul animation like in 09.

# 159 RayDog253 @ 08/11/09 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
sneaky post right there

we know all about you though
Was he asking for signature hustle plays?

# 160 crm968 @ 08/11/09 11:56 PM
I think it's easy to figure out that the next video is on size ups and then after that it's rebounding. If I am mistaken Let me know Marcus, but it looks like you guys are going in the order from the Producer video with Mike Wang. Regardless of whether I'm right or wrong, I'm still going to be happy to see some gameplay. good work EA, The game is already a lot better than last year so i see no reason to look for Flaws.

Change of subject: I was looking in the Live forums in another site and people are complaining about the ESPN license not being used in the scoreboard and etc. Well i forget but i think i remember seeing somewhere that this year there will be games on ESPN (Wednesdays and Fridays).

Marcus, Can you tell us whether this is true, or am i wrong?
ESPN is also associated with NBC right?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.