Home
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine News Post

Check out the first NBA Developer Insight, featuring NBA 2K10: Draft Combine.

Quote:
"Erick Boenisch here, Lead Feature Designer for NBA 2K10. Some of you guys may know me around the various forums as SimBaller. I’m here today to talk to you about NBA 2K10: Draft Combine. By now, I hope you’ve read through the previews that have come out via TeamXbox, Gamespot, etc. If not, don’t worry, I’ll give you the scoop below. If you have read them, you’ll find plenty of new details below to tide you over until the game is released. Before I get started, special shout out to Derrick Rose who was announced as cover athlete for NBA 2K10 Draft Combine earlier this afternoon!

So, first things first, who wants to get their hands on core NBA 2K10 game play before anyone else? If you fall into that category, we’re giving you that opportunity. As announced earlier today, you will be able to get your hands on NBA 2K10: Draft Combine on August 26 on Xbox LIVE Arcade for the Xbox 360 and September 3 for the PlayStation Network.

What we’re doing here with NBA 2K10: Draft Combine is something that no other sports game has ever really attempted. We’re letting you begin your My Player career by creating your player and participating in the NBA Draft Combine at the Attack Athletics gym in Chicago, Illinois. Once you complete the Combine, upload your player to our servers in preparation for the launch of NBA 2K10. Then when you pop in the NBA 2K10 disc and plug in your Gamertag, your player is going to be waiting for you at the NBA Draft The only question at that point will be did you perform well enough to get drafted? That question will have to wait until October 6th when NBA 2K10 is released. In the meantime, let’s see what the Draft Combine is all about, and what you can do to get yourself drafted."

Game: NBA 2K10: Draft CombineReader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Pared @ 08/11/09 07:30 PM

# 2 noshun @ 08/11/09 07:31 PM
Reading now...

# 3 J-Clutch1 @ 08/11/09 07:38 PM
Pretty good read, was expecting a little more. At least he'll go even more in-depth on Thursday.

# 4 leo2k2ndc @ 08/11/09 07:41 PM
Actually from the news yesterday and being dissappointed, This brought my hopes for the game back up, and the length was perfect that you don't look at it and just skim the sub headings .... Kinda happy there's a second part on Thursday ...

P.S. I don't want to buy this, But I see me buying it, it's too cheap, and by Sept 3, I'm gonna want an NBA fix

# 5 mvb34 @ 08/11/09 07:43 PM
So you can only can create one guy for the draft??

# 6 chrisc50 @ 08/11/09 07:43 PM
Sounds good can't wait

# 7 infam0us @ 08/11/09 07:45 PM
Sounds like its one player per online account. Not really surprising to me but its definitely disappointing.

# 8 mvb34 @ 08/11/09 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
Sounds like its one player per online account. Not really surprising to me but its definitely disappointing.

What a waste !!!

# 9 jmood88 @ 08/11/09 07:55 PM
Quote:
Where does it suggest the number of players that can be created?

# 10 Mos1ted @ 08/11/09 08:02 PM
I really wouldn't call it a waste. I think it's a good idea for the user to focus on one player. Think about it, in real life can you pursue two NBA careers simultaneously? This will make the gamer really ponder the player he wants to create and really force the player to be committed to that player.

# 11 KaptnKirk12 @ 08/11/09 08:04 PM
Still thinking that you can make as many as you want, but can only upload one player to NBA 2k10.

Nothing really in the insight that we didn't already know. Just pretty much confirming that you can make any kind of player you want, but it'll be harder to make a unique kind of player like a Dirk.

Should be interesting to see what is there Thursday, hopefully more information on when you actually do get drafted.

# 12 infam0us @ 08/11/09 08:09 PM
I'm just guessing, but if you can only have one player uploaded at a time why have multiple players created players at once.

# 13 LionsSuperFan22 @ 08/11/09 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Still thinking that you can make as many as you want, but can only upload one player to NBA 2k10.
i thought this was mentioned in a preview, maybe on gamespot?

you can create multiple players but only upload one. now, if its upload one at a time then thats a little different. you could upload one, get him into the full game and then upload another and overwite the previously saved player. since you would already have your original player saved in his career, you wouldnt need him on the 2k servers anymore.

# 14 dlane0087 @ 08/11/09 08:15 PM
I still am not clear is this just a way to gain bonus points before entering My Player or do you need download the Draft Combine in order to access My Player? I am leaning towards the notion that this is just a way to get our hands on 2K10 and boost up your player in the process.

The other thing is I wonder how hard it is going to be to create a Dirk type player the way that Simballer made it sound was that it is going to be way to hard to attempt, but nonetheless I will probably attempt it.

# 15 KaptnKirk12 @ 08/11/09 08:16 PM
Quote:
I'm just guessing, but if you can only have one player uploaded at a time why have multiple players created players at once.
So you can still play the Combine? I'm getting the feeling, that most people think you can create one player. Then play through the drills and scrimmages, and that's it.

I'm saying (Gamespot preview), that I'm pretty sure you can create as many players as you want, but can only import one from the Combine to 2k10. I'm hoping this is the case at least, that way I can create a player or two at every position and pick the one I like the best.

# 16 KaptnKirk12 @ 08/11/09 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlane0087
I still am not clear is this just a way to gain bonus points before entering My Player or do you need download the Draft Combine in order to access My Player? I am leaning towards the notion that this is just a way to get our hands on 2K10 and boost up your player in the process.

The other thing is I wonder how hard it is going to be to create a Dirk type player the way that Simballer made it sound was that it is going to be way to hard to attempt, but nonetheless I will probably attempt it.
I'm guessing there is a different thing for the "My Player" on 2k10. Maybe you don't get to do the scrimmages or as many drills or something, making it harder to be drafted?

And I'm skeptical on how hard it really will be to make a Dirk type of player, or even a rebounding point guard. Being able to play with your player online to gain points, I'm thinking it'll just be time consuming, and not really that hard to achieve. It'll be fun to make a player like that though.

# 17 edubbs @ 08/11/09 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
One thing that got me thinking. This comes out as early as August 26th. Taking that in mind, does that mean that gameplay for 2K10 is finished?
Yes.

Both Live and NBA2K10 are pretty much finished at this point.

Both dev. teams are probably just testing the games for bugs and any other issues.

# 18 Goffs @ 08/11/09 08:24 PM
Cdiddy usually when someone says I've been a 2k guy since dreamcast its supposed to be followed up with a good ol 2k bashing...so you're doing it wrong lol

Hmm when I read that its goin to be the core gameplay does that mean 2k is not going to release a demo?

# 19 lakers4life @ 08/11/09 08:29 PM
So when your "Player" gets drafted is it going to be in the 10-11' season??

# 20 KaptnKirk12 @ 08/11/09 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers4life
So when your "Player" gets drafted is it going to be in the 10-11' season??
Hasn't been said yet.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.