Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Check out the exclusive NBA Live 10 video at Slam Online.

Quote:
"One of my beefs with basketball video games has always been that while the companies get most of it correct, they rarely get all the details right. The tattoos, the shoes, the uniforms…that stuff matters, to me and, I’m sure, to other hoop heads out there, too.

When our friends from EA Sports came by the SLAM Dome recently to show off NBA Live 10, I mentioned my concerns to them before they even fired up the game. Then they pressed play and…well, it was all in there. I mean, everything."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 HoosierDaddy @ 08/13/09 07:22 PM
Screenshots from the video. Remember fellas, compressed video!

# 102 HoosierDaddy @ 08/13/09 07:40 PM
Hey Marcus. Another thing about the VC pic I capped. He looks more like Charlie Villanueva due to the fact you can't/barely see any facial hair or eyebrows. Is that something that can be looked into or can you confirm it's not the case in a more recent build?

# 103 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/13/09 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Hey Marcus. Another thing about the VC pic I capped. He looks more like Charlie Villanueva due to the fact you can't/barely see any facial hair or eyebrows. Is that something that can be looked into or can you confirm it's not the case in a more recent build?
To me, all live players this year looks 5 or 10 years younger. It doesn't mean it's a bad thing though... It just need to grow on me more once a play the game.

# 104 RayDog253 @ 08/13/09 07:57 PM
Quote:
Screenshots from the video. Remember fellas, compressed video!

I miss my sonics.......and is just me or did they beef up D wade a lil compared to the Wade and Melo screens we saw.
looks good btw...

# 105 BiggD @ 08/13/09 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
I miss my sonics.......and is just me or did they beef up D wade a lil compared to the Wade and Melo screens we saw.
looks good btw...
don't we all, NBA just ain't right without the sonics

# 106 Blazix @ 08/13/09 08:27 PM
My SUNS throwback jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EA, I LOVE U!!!!!

Im sold

# 107 thmst30 @ 08/13/09 08:57 PM

I almost wish this wasn't in the game because it pains me to see this uni. Loved that team.

# 108 J-Unit40 @ 08/13/09 09:02 PM
Damn does this game keep looking better and better! Live has come a long way and I think I may just buy this game this year.

Looking good EA.

# 109 Jamin23 @ 08/13/09 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30

I almost wish this wasn't in the game because it pains me to see this uni. Loved that team.
What?You don't like the Bobcats?

# 110 thmst30 @ 08/13/09 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
What?You don't like the Bobcats?
Well I am a Bobcats fan, but I wish they never had to exist. I hated losing the Hornets.

# 111 TreyIM2 @ 08/13/09 09:45 PM
Actually, at first, I was like, "Eh, 500 sneakers in the game, yada, yada. I'm more about the gameplay..." but now that I've seen this video AND the new dribble vid, wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I am way beyond sold on this game, even at this early point. EA is goin' HARD, and I will be pickin' up my copy of Madden 10 at midnight.

# 112 rckabillyRaider @ 08/13/09 10:44 PM
Day 1 buy for me.......... actually Day -7 buy for me. Gotta get it early

# 113 L4K @ 08/14/09 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Well I am a Bobcats fan, but I wish they never had to exist. I hated losing the Hornets.
You mean you miss the team that traded Kobe for Divac? LOL. Jokes man, just messin round. I'd hate to lose my team as well.

Vid was great as well, but I still wanna see some really good gameplay before I get excited.

# 114 HoosierDaddy @ 08/14/09 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
Not to be a jerk or anything, but give it a rest. It's a video game and that is a good solid portrayal of Carter. He's easily recognizeable on the court in Live. We can sit here and nitpick all day about every player....but how about we just enjoy the game?

Again, I'm not being a jerk, just a peeve of mine how everybody nitpicks to death their favorite player. Video games have come a long way, but some of the expectations are unrealistic.
It's unrealistic to make his eyebrows darker and have a five o'clock shadow?

# 115 RayDog253 @ 08/14/09 11:05 AM
Quote:
It's unrealistic to make his eyebrows darker and have a five o'clock shadow?

He looks to have those here.

# 116 HoosierDaddy @ 08/14/09 11:21 AM
Which is why I asked Marcus or someone else to confirm if it was an older build or what? That picture is better, I agree with that. It's safe to say though, that you don't see the darker facial hair in the new video screen though, not sure why that is. Thus, why I asked someone to talk about it.

I'm not complaining about the vids at all, overall I think they're awesome. Just something I noticed and stands out to me due to me following certain players very closely.

# 117 gmix411 @ 08/14/09 11:50 AM
Anyone else noticed that LBJ's facial hair in the video is different from the first screenshot that was released? Anyway, good video. I also noticed that you changed the color of melo's accessories with those throwbacks and the font color for the names Great work!

# 118 luv_mist @ 08/14/09 09:12 PM
I have to say that Live is looking wonderful seriously. I'm impressed with the little things that you guys are cleaning up. I do have a question. Is the foot planting still apart of the game for both the offensive and defensive ends of the court?? Saw slight sliding which isn't a killer. Just hate that sliding could open up cans during the gameplay. Know how that worked out for 2K9 in the sim department.

# 119 navyboy09 @ 08/15/09 12:04 PM
Decent video and all, but I can't get excited over sneakers and pre-game rituals (which we will see for all of 20 seconds each game) If they don't improve gameplay, all of those things will be pointless.

you don't have to be excited over that stuff...but what what you fail to realize is that having all the right shoes and throwbacks and the pre-game rituals makes the game more authentic. Don't they do rituals in real life and have all the throwbacks?? Why wouldn't someone want that stuff in the game?? IMO im glad that live finally got this stuff in the game cause looking at the same jerseys every game gets boring and not seeing the right stuff on players is aggravating too. It just takes that nba look and feel away to me.

# 120 kunqlao @ 08/15/09 05:57 PM
Did anyone else notice Courtney Lee wearing a face mask?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.