Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

As promised, we’re back today showing all of you the new dribble moves that you’ll see in NBA LIVE 10 this year. We really wanted to differentiate between players this year. What makes LeBron, LeBron? How about CP3? One of the ways in which we’ve captured this is in their dribbling styles. Let’s start with the new “size up” mechanic in NBA LIVE 10.

The size up is a series of dribbling moves used to breakdown a defender. How am I being guarded? Where is the opening? Answering these questions is the purpose of the size up. Once the ball handler catches the defender biting, he can then perform a go move out of the size up to take advantage of an over-zealous defender or a mismatch. Basically, the size up keeps the defender on his toes! In NBA LIVE 10, you perform these moves via the right trigger from a standstill position. Once you move the left stick (to move the character), you break out of the size up and start moving. One of the great things about this mechanic is that it can be broken out of at any time, or better yet, seamlessly linked into any quickstrike dribbling move using the right stick. There’s no waiting for the animation to play out before going into your next move. If you want to start that next move, you can. In the video below, you can see that we’ve captured authentic player specific size ups. You can really see the difference between LeBron and Kobe’s size up moves.

The size up is step 1 of the dribbling moves this year. Master it and you’ll be shaking your defender (especially a human controlled one) in no time. Just because we have size ups in our game, it doesn’t mean that everyone can do them. If you’re a big man with a weak handle, and you use the right trigger, you’ll do dribble moves, but good luck trying to keep up your dribble as it’ll most likely get stripped or you’ll lose control. This also doesn’t mean that the LeBron and Kobe size ups are money moves either. Again, this is a simple mechanic used to branch into more deceptive, calculated quickstrike moves. Do the size up for too long, and you open a window for the defender to read your next movement and strip the ball from you.

There’s also a couple of things in this video that I want to point out to you. You’ll notice right off the bat that there’s not a lot of off-ball player movement. Don’t worry, we have a TON of that this year. We just called an ISOLATION set in each clip to showcase the one on one matchups that we primarily wanted to capture. And finally, yes, that is a eurostep you see Derrick Rose doing. We’ll have A LOT more on the different ways you can finish at the basket this year in the coming weeks.

I really hope you’re enjoying these gameplay videos guys. There’s a lot of them left, so if you haven’t seen something you want to see yet, don’t worry you will.

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Jamin23 @ 08/13/09 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
put your finger on it Sage. Don't cop out... hit me!

Kobe didn't lay the ball up, he stopped and then floated it up.
Yup he jump stopped than he layed it in.

# 162 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/13/09 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
Very funny ray, very funny...
Wait I think i misunderstood your statement ray. My bad. hahahaha

# 163 iminurbase @ 08/13/09 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
best gameplay video so far... 1 question though, why does everyone do that same celebration after they score?
There are lots of different post-basket animations, depending on the score and time of game. But yes, you will see different players do that one.

# 164 dynamiks @ 08/13/09 08:08 PM
Marcus I love what I'm seeing so far, but is there any reason why there are no commentators talking during the gameplay?? That's one thing I'm surprised no one has mentioned in this whole thread. I loved the gameplay but it seemed so dull with the missing commentators.

I wanna hear all the sound effects also you were talking about in the Presentation blog. Will we get to see a video of that soon as well?

# 165 Da-Man @ 08/13/09 08:08 PM
court spacing is AMAZING! and the atmosphere looks so ALIVE!

# 166 SageInfinite @ 08/13/09 08:09 PM
Quote:
put your finger on it Sage. Don't cop out... hit me!

Kobe didn't lay the ball up, he stopped and then floated it up.
Ahh ok. Guess it was just a wierd looking floater then . I think it's kind of the way their momentum has them going forward, then they go straight up. Seems like with their momentum they should get closer to the basket while in the air.

# 167 stephensonmc @ 08/13/09 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamiks
Marcus I love what I'm seeing so far, but is there any reason why there are no commentators talking during the gameplay?? That's one thing I'm surprised no one has mentioned in this whole thread. I loved the gameplay but it seemed so dull with the missing commentators.

I wanna hear all the sound effects also you were talking about in the Presentation blog. Will we get to see a video of that soon as well?
No commentary b/c there was music, that's all.

# 168 stephensonmc @ 08/13/09 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Ahh ok. Guess it was just a wierd looking floater then . I think it's kind of the way their momentum has them going forward, then they go straight up. Seems like with their momentum they should get closer to the basket while in the air.
totally fair. Thanks dude!

# 169 SageInfinite @ 08/13/09 08:19 PM
Quote:
totally fair. Thanks dude!
No problem man. Thanx for always being on point and wanting to hear what we think. As much as I liked 09, 10 makes it look horrible.

# 170 Jamin23 @ 08/13/09 08:19 PM
Quote:
Are we going to get a video with commentary soon?

# 171 JerryBrownakalebron @ 08/13/09 08:22 PM
thanks stephensonmc for da videos. i have one question. how does lebron look in nba live 10 because it looks like he doesnt have his beard

# 172 dynamiks @ 08/13/09 08:22 PM
Quote:
Will there be a video without music then?? I'd love to just hear how the game plays with everything working together. All the sounds and commentary.

# 173 stephensonmc @ 08/13/09 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBrownakalebron
thanks stephensonmc for da videos. i have one question. how does lebron look in nba live 10 because it looks like he doesnt have his beard
I love our LeBron this year and I'm a HUGE Cavs fan. You'll see a closeup of him shortly.

# 174 JerryBrownakalebron @ 08/13/09 08:25 PM
thanks stephensonmc

# 175 DC @ 08/13/09 08:26 PM
Damn the crowd made some noise when ROndo got shook

# 176 Pared @ 08/13/09 08:26 PM
Hmmm guess I'm the only one that didn't like the help defense.

Even if it was on Pro, why is the defense not collapsing in a situation like that? This was a huge issue many pointed out over and with 2k9... yet it's right there in this same video.

KG just sits back and chills with Luol Deng as someone comes in the paint. Didn't even think of going at ball handler.

Love the dribble moves, but right now, despite the focus of the video, it looks like the offense was improved and the defense may suffer.

# 177 krazyboy225 @ 08/13/09 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Dude, do you talk about ANYTHING but LeBron?
Lol ray doesnt enjoy hearing about LBJ.

# 178 JerryBrownakalebron @ 08/13/09 08:31 PM
oh. dat would explain. lebron is da man i have seen him myself. sorry 4 gettin off topic

# 179 Jamin23 @ 08/13/09 08:34 PM
Quote:
I love our LeBron this year and I'm a HUGE Cavs fan. You'll see a closeup of him shortly.
Good job. I'm glad you gave Lebron a lot of attention. I am also a huge Lebron fan as you should already know. I can't wait to play with the cavs.

# 180 blingballa333 @ 08/13/09 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Hmmm guess I'm the only one that didn't like the help defense.

Even if it was on Pro, why is the defense not collapsing in a situation like that? This was a huge issue many pointed out over and with 2k9... yet it's right there in this same video.

KG just sits back and chills with Luol Deng as someone comes in the paint. Didn't even think of going at ball handler.

Love the dribble moves, but right now, despite the focus of the video, it looks like the offense was improved and the defense may suffer.
In the instance you're talking about Pared, there is no need for KG to play that much help D. Rose drove to the right (away from KG), and got cut off by Pierce's help D. IMO, there is no need for 2 people to play help D when one is already there . And you can't say that it "looks" like the defense may suffer this year when you have seen one example of "bad" help D (in your book) when the other possessions in that same video were fine. And that was Tyrus in the corner, not Deng.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.