Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Lead Gameplay Designer, Mike Wang, has just posted another NBA Live 10 blog. This one featuring dribble moves.

Quote:
"Today we’re going to talk a bit about the Dribble Moves in NBA Live 10. As you saw in Jeff’s blog, we spent a lot of time working on the ball handler’s movement this year. So as you move around the court and make hard changes of direction, your player will pull off contextual crossovers and planted turns based on which hand he’s dribbling with and where he’s trying to go. But everyone loves to pull off ankle breaking crossovers and spin moves so we had to beef up what was formerly known as “Quickstrike Ballhandling.”

So let’s start by talking about size up moves. Whenever we’re in mocap and we ask the talent to go 1-on-1, the first thing these guys always do is pull off a series of stationary dribble moves before starting their drive. These moves, or size ups as we call them, are the first step in creating space for yourself as a dribbler and getting your defender off balance."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 aholbert32 @ 08/14/09 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
Each player has their own shot arc.

Rose's is off then. He has some arc on his shot. That was a line drive imo.

# 62 blingballa333 @ 08/14/09 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Rose's is off then. He has some arc on his shot. That was a line drive imo.
I keep watching the video and I have to say that is NOT a line drive. It was fade away from 13 feet. the arc on his shot is pretty normal in that situation. This is my opinion though.

Hell, that was more like 10 feet...

# 63 GSW @ 08/14/09 05:56 PM
yea youre trippin aholbert that looked straight to me... he was fading away and it wasnt a line drive at all

# 64 Vaiasucks @ 08/14/09 06:00 PM
Two things:

1. Stephensonmc's swag or demeanor is VERY telling. He seems very confident in his game and that makes me more confident that everything will be OK. Enjoy the blogs and wait for the demo before we start bashing the game too much.

2.Stumbleweed for President 2012

That is all...

# 65 23 @ 08/14/09 06:01 PM
I dont know Aaron, anymore arc on Rose's fade a way and it will be Live 07ish

# 66 GSW @ 08/14/09 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
Mike said there are some signature size ups. Can we get a list?

Also, are there hesitation size ups without between the legs because not all stars can do between legs street style

I fake with my body and head
which NBA Star are you?

# 67 bateman11 @ 08/14/09 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I dont know Aaron, anymore arc on Rose's fade a way and it will be Live 07ish
Oh please NO!

# 68 Dantecamp21 @ 08/14/09 06:08 PM
At this point if either 2K's dev team or Live's dev team post some real NBA footage claimming that it's their game in motion, people will find a way to tear it apart...

# 69 iminurbase @ 08/14/09 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiasucks
Two things:

1. Stephensonmc's swag or demeanor is VERY telling. He seems very confident in his game and that makes me more confident that everything will be OK. Enjoy the blogs and wait for the demo before we start bashing the game too much.

2.Stumbleweed for President 2012

That is all...
lol, steph was born with swag.

# 70 LLKoolAid @ 08/14/09 06:11 PM
seriously you clowns have got to stop nitpicking cause you're going to be the reason they stop interacting with the community. Be grateful for the feedback and the weekly updates. This is a privilege not a right. 1 ya self.

# 71 Stumbleweed @ 08/14/09 06:12 PM
LOL I know it's only your 2nd post, but I think you'll find that's basically what OS is for and has been for quite some time now. The devs would've run away after last year's games if they weren't such gluttons for punishment ha.

# 72 23 @ 08/14/09 06:16 PM
Lets chill out on the angry tones fellas geez

Its just a game, a video game

# 73 Dantecamp21 @ 08/14/09 06:16 PM
Amen.

# 74 Rocboyz101 @ 08/14/09 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLKoolAid
seriously you clowns have got to stop nitpicking cause you're going to be the reason they stop interacting with the community. Be grateful for the feedback and the weekly updates. This is a privilege not a right. 1 ya self.
You must be from the 2k boards like me, where info is pretty scarce..

# 75 Canthony15 @ 08/14/09 06:28 PM
I love what EA is doing with the game this year at least the game is showing improvement instead of going downhill.

As an elite basketball player these sizeup moves look very good and are definetly a key part in how an offensive player blows by his man if done right it could be a vital part of the game.

Just one question though in real life a good defender might guess wrong when reaching for a steal but his recovery time is much better than that of a bad defender, basically depending on who you are playing defense with is there any sort of reaction time or anything like that?

# 76 Bird123 @ 08/14/09 06:31 PM
Ray Allen's contest is suspect. He jumps straight up and then morphs to the right and then lands. Otherwise, I liked everything else.

# 77 thesniper321 @ 08/14/09 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
You must be from the 2k boards like me, where info is pretty scarce..
Hi rocboy I liked that video a lot beside that little force shield that reminded me another game from 2009 where dunking was so easy becuz of this, but since marcus said it's not a pb I will forget that, anyway live is looking good this year didn't I tell you?

# 78 jstnw89 @ 08/14/09 06:45 PM
Like a few others I am still scratching my head at what the point of this blog was. However, I appreciate the new video clips within the blog and some small info about defense. (<--- I R NOT HAT3R) ...

# 79 SageInfinite @ 08/14/09 06:51 PM
@ some of the posts in this thread. Anyyyyyyyyyywho nice blog. Loved the D Rose fadeaway, looked great. Taking guys off the dribble will be a game itself. Can't wait for those 4th quarter situations.

# 80 23 @ 08/14/09 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
Not really what I was expecting from the gameplay blog. We pretty much knew everything that was said in the blog. A

Appreciate the tidbits given today but I have to agree here... I think the writeup and videos from yesterday were pretty clear on this end.

Kinda wondering myself.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.