Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Lead Gameplay Designer, Mike Wang, has just posted another NBA Live 10 blog. This one featuring dribble moves.

Quote:
"Today we’re going to talk a bit about the Dribble Moves in NBA Live 10. As you saw in Jeff’s blog, we spent a lot of time working on the ball handler’s movement this year. So as you move around the court and make hard changes of direction, your player will pull off contextual crossovers and planted turns based on which hand he’s dribbling with and where he’s trying to go. But everyone loves to pull off ankle breaking crossovers and spin moves so we had to beef up what was formerly known as “Quickstrike Ballhandling.”

So let’s start by talking about size up moves. Whenever we’re in mocap and we ask the talent to go 1-on-1, the first thing these guys always do is pull off a series of stationary dribble moves before starting their drive. These moves, or size ups as we call them, are the first step in creating space for yourself as a dribbler and getting your defender off balance."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 stephensonmc @ 08/14/09 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Since the blog today covered the same thing as yesterday are you able to answer some of those guys questions that you were leaving to Mike or is it still the same?
Mike will answer them my man.

# 102 23 @ 08/14/09 10:28 PM
gotcha

# 103 HoosierDaddy @ 08/14/09 10:55 PM
He's being realistic, it's not possible to please EVERYONE. There's going to be issues that people have regardless of how hard they work. All I ask is that the game improve every year, and it's clearly done that already from last year.

# 104 bran9413 @ 08/14/09 10:59 PM
when are we going to here about dynasty mode

# 105 SageInfinite @ 08/14/09 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
He's being realistic, it's not possible to please EVERYONE. There's going to be issues that people have regardless of how hard they work. All I ask is that the game improve every year, and it's clearly done that already from last year.
I agree. Especially with the expectations some posters have for these games. With that said I think Live will be well worth it this year. What I don't look forward to is trying to find the time to play both games, lol.

# 106 KChow21 @ 08/14/09 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Mike will answer them my man.
where the main man at?

# 107 elev8rmuzik @ 08/14/09 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
And why did Rondo leave his feet before Rose left his on the jumper?

You act like NBA players don't react to the gather

Tell Steve Blake, Nate Robinson, or Antonio Daniels (just to name a few) that this doesn't happen in the NBA. If you don't get my references then you don't watch enough ball...

# 108 Rob. D @ 08/14/09 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I agree. Especially with the expectations some posters have for these games. With that said I think Live will be well worth it this year. What I don't look forward to is trying to find the time to play both games, lol.
Yea Im pulling for both games this year Live and 2K just gotta find some time to play em both. Hey Marcus man im itching for some OTP info man...I need my fix lol. Honestly I just hope OTP and 5 on 5 in 2k is very playable this year, thats all I really need in both games and I'll be set. 5 users vs 5 users is so epic online granted theres some sim style of playing going on.

# 109 stephensonmc @ 08/14/09 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudone
Hopefully aimless swiping gets fouls call more often.
it does..lol

# 110 stephensonmc @ 08/14/09 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronimous
Hey marcus what r u trying to say? You sound that your NOT quite confident with your product than u used to be...
totally confident in the product we've built, but I'm also a realist when it comes to OS. The way some of you guys are talking, you're bound to be disappointed b/c it's not perfection.

# 111 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 08/14/09 11:32 PM
LOL at Ray and how ya'll tryna convince him. He's not going to like it, there are plenty of people like him, esp on 2K forums. I love 2K9, but trust me, if I looked with the same eye he's looking at Live with, I'd have shattered the 2K9 disc into a million pieces a LONG time ago.

LOL x100 at complaints about Rose's arc (on a leaning fadeaway in the paint for pete's sake LOL) and I watch 100+ NBA games a year, people DO jump as the shooter is gathering, and as someone else said, a good dribbler sometimes can get a defender to jump without even picking up his dribble. And ya'll call yourselves bball enthusiasts complaining about this!?!??!? SMH x1,000

But as for us objective ballers/gamers who got the $$ to cop both if they both good, we are excited because a better Live means a great year for virtual bball my friends! Marcus, Mike, ya'll deserve props for doing this in a one-year cycle, 09 vs 10 is like night and day!

As I say, the $60 is on tap! "Just my thoughts people"
-Hov

# 112 Wiffyjustus @ 08/15/09 12:17 AM
Quote:
"charge up" was a bad word choice.

It's more of a setup move into a go move. If you're worried about the defender being helpless, don't. Look at the other video of Drose ripping Rondo. Plus, as a manual defender you have a few choices --- gap him while he's doing a size up, get up close and gamble for a steal risking him blowing by you, get up close and play solid d by moving your stick in whatever way he moves.

Agreed. Sounds very "Sim' to me. Letting you make basketball decisions on offense and defense.

My kind of game. Controls seem simple and allows you to solve bball problems with bball solutions.

(...and yes, that last line is taken from Czar's sig.)

# 113 yungboss2011 @ 08/15/09 12:22 AM
Live is doin there thing, i might jus buy both games this year, but im gona wait til september to see some trailers and mayb a demo to really see what the games are about

# 114 Wiffyjustus @ 08/15/09 12:35 AM
Quote:
totally confident in the product we've built, but I'm also a realist when it comes to OS. The way some of you guys are talking, you're bound to be disappointed b/c it's not perfection.

Again agreed. I don't think people realize what an accomplishment it has been to achieve the things you guys have achieved this year.

Can't wait to play the game.

I think I'm becoming a bit of a fanboy coz I'm getting all defensive when I hear people nit picking this or that.

# 115 gmix411 @ 08/15/09 12:46 AM
The arc looks fine to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1KmBRmGWC0

# 116 grush5 @ 08/15/09 12:56 AM
Quote:
well steph lemme ask you a question and plzz dont avoid it but im pretty sure uve played nba 2k9 or even 2k8 for that matter do you think ur poduct nba live 10 is better than any of the two?

# 117 ball4life @ 08/15/09 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grush5
well steph lemme ask you a question and plzz dont avoid it but im pretty sure uve played nba 2k9 or even 2k8 for that matter do you think ur poduct nba live 10 is better than any of the two?
i wuz about 2 ask the samething

# 118 stephensonmc @ 08/15/09 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grush5
That's for you guys to decide, not me.

# 119 tanner99 @ 08/15/09 01:27 AM
marcus is there an official date for the demo yet?

# 120 ball4life @ 08/15/09 01:27 AM
Quote:
That's for you guys to decide, not me.
yea but wat do U think in a gamers point of view

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.