Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Lead Gameplay Designer, Mike Wang, has just posted another NBA Live 10 blog. This one featuring dribble moves.

Quote:
"Today we’re going to talk a bit about the Dribble Moves in NBA Live 10. As you saw in Jeff’s blog, we spent a lot of time working on the ball handler’s movement this year. So as you move around the court and make hard changes of direction, your player will pull off contextual crossovers and planted turns based on which hand he’s dribbling with and where he’s trying to go. But everyone loves to pull off ankle breaking crossovers and spin moves so we had to beef up what was formerly known as “Quickstrike Ballhandling.”

So let’s start by talking about size up moves. Whenever we’re in mocap and we ask the talent to go 1-on-1, the first thing these guys always do is pull off a series of stationary dribble moves before starting their drive. These moves, or size ups as we call them, are the first step in creating space for yourself as a dribbler and getting your defender off balance."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 23 @ 08/15/09 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
not your next blog, no
then that makes the smiley face a taunt

# 162 HoosierDaddy @ 08/15/09 12:45 PM
Marcus, who will be doing the next blog and regarding which topic?

# 163 stephensonmc @ 08/15/09 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Marcus, who will be doing the next blog and regarding which topic?
I'm at home so I don't have the schedule with me, but I think it's Mike again.

# 164 Beluba @ 08/15/09 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Thats our next blog? Well then
Shooting won't be next week. But I'll get to it eventually. Marcus, stop hinting at stuff.

# 165 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 08/15/09 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Shooting won't be next week. But I'll get to it eventually. Marcus, stop hinting at stuff.
lol. Yo Mike he let it out the bag, you might as well imbed a video right there it's too late

# 166 stephensonmc @ 08/15/09 12:51 PM
Quote:
LOL -- I didn't hint!

23 is an OS assumer!

# 167 Rocboyz101 @ 08/15/09 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY1183
lol. Yo Mike he let it out the bag, you might as well imbed a video right there it's too late
Yeah mine as well..

# 168 stephensonmc @ 08/15/09 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY1183
That's cold man -- cold!

# 169 HoosierDaddy @ 08/15/09 12:52 PM
LOL

Thanks for the replies guys. Can't wait, as usual!

# 170 Beluba @ 08/15/09 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic24
with the sizeup moves and the quickstrike can i mix and match like start with a sizeup then a quickstrike back to a sizeup so on and so forth?
Yep. It's one of the things I like best about our new dribble system. You can mix and match, go back and forth seamlessly between right stick moves, locomotion, and size ups. It's a pretty comprehensive move set and you can pretty much recreate anything you see on tv.

# 171 HoosierDaddy @ 08/15/09 12:58 PM
Quote:
Yep. It's one of the things I like best about our new dribble system. You can mix and match, go back and forth seamlessly between right stick moves, locomotion, and size ups. It's a pretty comprehensive move set and you can pretty much recreate anything you see on tv.

This sounds so amazing!

# 172 HoosierDaddy @ 08/15/09 12:59 PM
Will there be tutorials in the game that provide an in-depth look for things like this? Just curious..

# 173 SageInfinite @ 08/15/09 12:59 PM
Quote:
Wow.

# 174 Beluba @ 08/15/09 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Will there be tutorials in the game that provide an in-depth look for things like this? Just curious..
Nah. We don't want to put da czar out of work. Haha

# 175 23 @ 08/15/09 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
LOL -- I didn't hint!

23 is an OS assumer!
I just ran with that one myself. Can't blame me for trying!

# 176 HoosierDaddy @ 08/15/09 01:02 PM
True that. LOL

# 177 23 @ 08/15/09 01:04 PM
Quote:
Those are big words sir! Statements like that on OS come under fiya ya know?

# 178 Stumbleweed @ 08/15/09 01:04 PM
LOL, I'm sure Da Czar appreciates that.

I LOVE the idea with the arrow for directional passing and how you described it (seeing their weight shift).. awesome. That should make defense and offense nicer -- you can fake them right then cross left, and it'll still help the defense sometimes, especially if you start to know their patterns (humans... unless DNA tracks this sort of thing... eh eh?).

# 179 jstnw89 @ 08/15/09 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
How is it possible to say something is flawed when you haven't even played the game???..Thats absolutely IGNORANCE at its highest degree..If you played and experienced it then I stand corrected..Otherwise...Your sounding like a TROLL
I think he is saying the that the idea of how size-ups work in the game are flawed in regards to how they occur in real life bball. "in no way does sizing up longer give you a better chance to get to the basket in real life." I don't think he is a troll; just someone who really wants a sim bball game.

# 180 23 @ 08/15/09 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstnw89
I think he is saying the that the idea of how size-ups work in the game are flawed in regards to how they occur in real life bball. "in no way does sizing up longer give you a better chance to get to the basket in real life." I don't think he is a troll; just someone who really wants a sim bball game.
and noone said that it does...matter of fact he said it would get you ripped, and we've seen it happen so that comment was off base

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.