Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

The title pretty much says it all, but this Friday OS will be going to see NBA 2K10. If you have questions, then by all means post them here, and we'll try to get some of them answered.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 KING2672 @ 08/17/09 03:21 PM
If shaq is guarding chris paul can i burn him?

Did the fg%s decrease? its way too easy to shoot 60%

Are there any new rebounding animations?

# 42 rockchisler @ 08/17/09 03:27 PM
Ratings question, like for instance Lebron, there are 29 individual attributes, he is a 99 in 5 out 29, how can he be a 99 overall?..No player should be 99, thats not cool. Same thing for Kobe, he has 99 in 5 out of 29 categories, how is he a 99 overall?. Please explain

# 43 DC @ 08/17/09 03:34 PM
^ Why should someone be a 99? If it is based on comparison why can't you just look at the players with the HIGHEST rating and determine from THAT that they are the best overall players?

So if LeBron is a 96 and he is the highest that isn't telling you that he is the best player in the game?

# 44 jmood88 @ 08/17/09 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
^ Why should someone be a 99? If it is based on comparison why can't you just look at the players with the HIGHEST rating and determine from THAT that they are the best overall players?

So if LeBron is a 96 and he is the highest that isn't telling you that he is the best player in the game?
Why does it matter? If he's not 99 in all categories but is rated 99 overall I don't see what difference it makes.

# 45 DC @ 08/17/09 03:42 PM
You do notice that I am not arguing THAT point. My point was why does someone HAVE to be a 99.

Why does it matter? We have mentioned hundreds of times on here why it matters

# 46 mvb34 @ 08/17/09 03:46 PM
Do players just stand around when you don't call a play?

Did they bring the lobbies for online?

Thanks

# 47 jmood88 @ 08/17/09 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
You do notice that I am not arguing THAT point. My point was why does someone HAVE to be a 99.

Why does it matter? We have mentioned hundreds of times on here why it matters
And my point is why do you care if he's 99 but not rated 99 in every category. If they made guys who were 99 perfect players then it would make sense for you to complain.

# 48 Goffs @ 08/17/09 03:49 PM
Oh god don't turn this into a ratings thread...

One more question regarding the pc...will it be through steam again? I would like to see it in windows live as well so I can have some achievements to unlock through the pc

# 49 Pared @ 08/17/09 03:57 PM
Can you guys stop the bickering? The thread is for posting questions. If you don't have one, don't post here.

# 50 DC @ 08/17/09 04:00 PM
My question: Will we see bad ratings just handed to players for random reasons?

# 51 cam21224 @ 08/17/09 04:23 PM
Will 5 second inbound violation be called on the cpu this year?

They were never called for it.

Will playbooks be actual plays only for the team we control?

Tired of seeing Motown music and other plays in every teams playbook being the same.

# 52 Teddy_Long @ 08/17/09 04:30 PM
Is help perimeter D going to be in? We rarely saw the perimeter players collapsing in on the penetrating player to the hoop in the last version. Will see more perimeter help in this version?

# 53 Kaanyr Vhok @ 08/17/09 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
Someone should be a 99. The best player in the game. Ratings are based on comparisons of other players not universal basketball prodigy. If 2k decided on what is the pinnacle of basketball acuity they would be answering quite a question of human potential there.

A 99 dunker is the best dunker in the league.
I would base it on a ten year scale. If someone is putting up the best numbers or doing something as well or better than anyone in a decade I would give them a 99 but there are ratings where the top guy isnt as good as people who played in recent years. Like Dwight Howard is no prime Shaq when it comes to standing dunks but he is the best.

Anyway my questions are

1. Can we move with our hands up?

2. Will even good ball handlers pick up their dribble and fumble the ball like they did in CH 2k8? And also will we be able to use the stance off the ball like we could in CH 2k8 so we arent caught flat flooted against the someone on the break or someone moving fast up the floor, and so we can square up to steal passes thrown right at us in the paint? In 2k9 those passes always seem to sail right over head.

3. Can we use preassigned double teams online?

4. Is it tougher to dribble in the paint?

5. Will layup lobs return?

6. Matchup zones?

# 54 bball_1523 @ 08/17/09 04:52 PM
1) will dynamic attendance be in the game, for example:
- for some teams that have a poor record during the season the arena isn't packed and there are quite a bit of empty seats while other teams that are doing good, well known, or other reasons have just about every seat filled?
- During the game if it's a blowout will people leave in early and be seen walking out of the arena?

2) Will the cpu play more realistically w/o sliders where they don't make a high % of shots. It's something I noticed while playing on all-star setting without sliders and it felt unrealistic?

3) I had a problem sometimes where I'd steal the ball and have an open path for a fastbreak, but then my player would sometimes do a weird animation that slowed him down and allowed the cpu to catch up a little. Here is a clear example of this in a video: http://community.2ksports.com/commun...?mediaid=30337

4) Will Kevin harlan be in the game and if so, will he have this signature lines such as "Right between the eyes"?

# 55 Big_Mig_11 @ 08/17/09 05:11 PM
Has the AI awareness issues been re-worked?

ex: Why would J-Rich spot up ON the 3-pt line when we are down by 3 with one final play left??

Any new info on IsoMotion?

Any changes to offensive post play?

Are there new or improved practive drill in Association?

# 56 Po Pimp @ 08/17/09 05:27 PM
Will there be additional ratings attributes/sliders?

Will there be more throwback jerseys?

Are the same legends from the past 3-4 years in the game? Any new ones/replacements?

Reading about the non-canned double team brought out a couple of questions. Will you be able to drag the double team instead of being forced to pick up your dribble? Will there be less canned animations and more user control?

# 57 tcnumba10 @ 08/17/09 05:28 PM
Will there be more emphasize on the mid-range game (taking more mid-range shots)?

Will teams run plays for their superstars in order for them to take the majority of the shots unlike in 2K9?

# 58 B-Wills @ 08/17/09 05:32 PM
- How deep is customization for Create a player mode this year?
- Will Dynamic attendance make an appearance in Association mode this year?
- Are In-Game Saves in This year?

# 59 nogster @ 08/17/09 05:42 PM
if there are new attributes, what are they?
are the infamous "hidden" ratings now finally accessible?

most importantly:
Is "SEASON" mode still a gaming option?

# 60 Vaiasucks @ 08/17/09 05:42 PM
"What has been done to address the online issues that plagued Team-Up in 2K9? Can you speak on any improvements to that mode?"

How has on ball defense and contesting shots improved this year?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.