Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 SageInfinite @ 08/17/09 10:13 PM
As long as the cpu doesn't pull any bs, this game will own me. I haven't seen anything I don't like so far. I hope it stays that way.

# 82 SageInfinite @ 08/17/09 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmix411
Maybe it has something to do with their shooting mechanics. I saw the same thing with wade in the first part of the video. I'm guessing that happens if you hold down the shoot button a bit too long?
I was thinking the same thing. It looks like a late release on the jumpshot. Maybe this year the jumpers have actual release points. It'd be cool if the release point effected the shot animation. I hope that's the case.

# 83 krazyboy225 @ 08/17/09 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeking
Yea, then it occured to me that the producers wouldn't show him fading away at the 3 point line, in a video where they are convincing people on how realistic the game looks...
What makes you say that Carmelo doing a 3pt fade away at the 3 point line while he is being controlled by a human "un-realistic"?

and about his late release....i think that was because the user held the button extra long..

# 84 SageInfinite @ 08/17/09 10:20 PM
Quote:
Damn, shut the hell up. It wasn't that serious. If you read my comment, you'll see that I said I still plan on buying the game and I like what I've been seeing/hearing so far about the game. I was just pointing out a little flaw, like everyone does when it comes to their favorite player. Nothing serious, just something I felt like stating. Stop acting like a little girl. If someone wants to complain, then let them complain. Who the hell are you to tell someone they can't complain? No one gives a damn if you have a attitude about someone complaining.

Like I said, I still intend on buying the game, but everyone wants their favorite player to be perfect. Of course that won't happen, but its something we all hope for. Remember when people were talking about Carter having puffy cheeks? People actually discussing how curve Rose's head is? Getting all uptight at someone about a game that you're a FAN OF and had no part in making, is ridiculous.
Yea everyone has their quirks. I know if I saw something off on Kobe it would bother me. It's just with some posts people love to rain on the parade(not saying you). Like I said some posters get off on pointing out flaws. Then when their flaw is confirmed they come in with the "I told ya so" type post. Makes their day.

# 85 krazyboy225 @ 08/17/09 10:23 PM
Quote:
Damn, shut the hell up. It wasn't that serious. If you read my comment, you'll see that I said I still plan on buying the game and I like what I've been seeing/hearing so far about the game. I was just pointing out a little flaw, like everyone does when it comes to their favorite player. Nothing serious, just something I felt like stating. Stop acting like a little girl. If someone wants to complain, then let them complain. Who the hell are you to tell someone they can't complain? No one gives a damn if you have a attitude about someone complaining.

Like I said, I still intend on buying the game, but everyone wants their favorite player to be perfect. Of course that won't happen, but its something we all hope for. Remember when people were talking about Carter having puffy cheeks? People actually discussing how curve Rose's head is? Getting all uptight at someone about a game that you're a FAN OF and had no part in making, is ridiculous.
Hey i agree with..you plus it wasnt like your complaint was a stupid one....it was valid... you just wanted to clarify the jumpshot of your fave player...all i am saying is that i think the user held the button extra long..you said it yourself...the shooting stroke it self looked good..you were only troubled by the late release and the fade..

# 86 krazyboy225 @ 08/17/09 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yea everyone has their quirks. I know if I saw something off on Kobe it would bother me. It's just with some posts people love to rain on the parade(not saying you). Like I said some posters get off on pointing out flaws. Then when their flaw is confirmed they come in with the "I told ya so" type post. Makes their day.
I agree with this... dont complain about a game..just for the sake of it.

# 87 SageInfinite @ 08/17/09 10:25 PM
Quote:
If that's the case, cool. Its not like Melo never holds the ball a little extra for him to shoot. I just thought the producers would show a video of him doing things the normal way, instead of shooting a little late.
I hope it's the case. I can't front I thought the same thing when I saw Melo's jumper, but didn't post it. I would rather wait till I see it from some more angles, but I do agree it looks off.

# 88 RayDog253 @ 08/17/09 10:26 PM
Great vid, graphics are crazy.
I think the new dunking mechanic will be momentum related. So if your on the fast break and wanna do a free thow line pull up you just let off the right stick, and vice versa for a dunk. Thats my guess anyways......

edit: And I like that the shot button is X, rather then B....more natural position when holding the controller, if you get what I'm saying.

# 89 bigboy75 @ 08/17/09 10:27 PM
wtf are you whining about! Get up out the playpen man. I want this, I hope that. Please.

# 90 krazyboy225 @ 08/17/09 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I hope it's the case. I can't front I thought the same thing when I saw Melo's jumper, but didn't post it. I would rather wait till I see it from some more angles, but I do agree it looks off.
Didnt the Wade shot look fine to you?

I think they nailed Wade's shot..

# 91 BiggD @ 08/17/09 10:28 PM
Holy crap! amazing stuff!

i can't believe the pinstripe raptors uniforms are in.. i hope they give us 200 CAP spaces cause i'm gonna make a whole bunch of teams from the 90's

# 92 SageInfinite @ 08/17/09 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyboy225
Didnt the Wade shot look fine to you?

I think they nailed Wade's shot..
Yea I thought Wade's shot looked great. All of the jumpshots I've seen looked really good. Melo's was the only 1 a little funky, but I'm reserving my judgement until I see more.

# 93 stephensonmc @ 08/17/09 10:35 PM
Quote:
I also think its a dumb idea to have the shooting button and the dunk button being the same. Imagine using Lebron on a fastbreak and you plan on doing one of his one handed tomahawks from far away like he does irl, and you end up shooting a jumper. That'll piss me off.
Will never happen in the game. You holding turbo and the shot button establishes the fact that you're going for a dunk.

# 94 SageInfinite @ 08/17/09 10:37 PM
Quote:
I understand what you're saying, but if you look at my post about Live 10, specifically Melo, I stated how this was the most realistic Carmelo looked in a game since Homecourt. I've been praising this game left and right. I have no reason to just bash them for no reason. Like I said, if it was just a late release, then cool. That's good that we actually get to hold the ball longer if a defender may block the shot. I just thought that was how his release actually was and not him shooting the ball late intentionally. From all the things I heard about the game, I love it. But, until I play the demo I can't say I'm going to buy the game. I think a lot of people feel that way.
Hey I didn't say you were wrong anywhere bro. You don't have to explain anything to me. I agree with you.

Bottom line for me is I'm really excited about Live this year. I haven't been this excited for Live since 05. I was a serious Live ***** until I played 09.

# 95 RayDog253 @ 08/17/09 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Will never happen in the game. You holding turbo and the shot button establishes the fact that you're going for a dunk.
So what if I left off the left stick, but I'm still holding down the trigger will my player still go for the dunk or pull up for a jumper?

# 96 BiggD @ 08/17/09 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Yo Marcus... instead of me chasing you around after each post asking you time and time again...please let us know.

Whats the CAP capacity in live10? oh and good lookin' out on those warriors throwbacks

# 97 blues rocker @ 08/17/09 10:56 PM
meh...the more i see of this game the more the defense seems to be lacking. the defense on the lebron dunk was terrible. someone already mentioned that K-mart is facing AWAY from lebron when he goes for the block. He's facing the wrong direction! come on EA. not to mention Lebron runs into 2 defenders and there is no contact to be seen.

the defense on D. Wade's layup was just as awful. he just pushes the defender all the way through the key with no contact or resistance..the defender makes no attempt to even contest him or stop his progress. the defender is clearly touching him and blocking his path, yet there is no visible contact at all. I can see this getting old real fast. Once the real gameplay vids and the demo come out, we will see for sure, but the defense just looks terrible so far. I have yet to really see a defensive moment that looks right to me.

# 98 BiggD @ 08/17/09 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
meh...the more i see of this game the more the defense seems to be lacking. the defense on the lebron dunk was terrible. someone already mentioned that K-mart is facing AWAY from lebron when he goes for the block. He's facing the wrong direction! come on EA. not to mention Lebron runs into 2 defenders and there is no contact to be seen.

the defense on D. Wade's layup was just as awful. he just pushes the defender all the way through the key with no contact or resistance..the defender makes no attempt to even contest him or stop his progress. the defender is clearly touching him and blocking his path, yet there is no visible contact at all. I can see this getting old real fast. Once the real gameplay vids and the demo come out, we will see for sure, but the defense just looks terrible so far. I have yet to really see a defensive moment that looks right to me.
i dare say that all these demonstration videos are gonna be set on EASY. I understand you wanna see some defense (as do i) and i'm sure we will see a blog about defense soon

# 99 SageInfinite @ 08/17/09 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
lol

# 100 TMagic @ 08/17/09 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker

This. I've been noticing that too in a lot of their vids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
i dare say that all these demonstration videos are gonna be set on EASY. I understand you wanna see some defense (as do i) and i'm sure we will see a blog about defense soon
Maybe.

To me, it would make more sense for them to show some better defense, as a lot of those plays would look a lot more impressive with some collisions and better defense.

Why make the defense and collisions look bad like they do in some of the vids?

I would be more impressed if I saw nice collisions and solid contests on these layups and plays in traffic.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.