Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Another NBA Developer Insights is online, this one talking about NBA 2K10 and NBA Today.

Quote:
"NBA Today is a revolutionary way to experience the NBA 2K game play you love. In the “old days” you’d fire up your basketball game and wind up on a team select screen…try to figure out what matchup you wanted to play and then get going. When it came to commentary, presentation and overlays your game was happening in a vacuum. There was nothing “real” about it. It was a fantasy matchup that had no real-world context and no impact. There was a limited list of subjects the commentators could discuss. They could talk about what was happening in that particular game and they could talk about what happened last season. That was pretty much it.

In NBA 2K10 that’s all changed. NBA Today takes the sport you love, NBA basketball, and the game you love, NBA 2K, and finally puts them in the same “world”. When you start 2K10, your Internet-connected console will reach out and grab all the latest information about what’s happening in the league. After that, you won’t land on the team select screen: instead you’ll go directly to the NBA Today screen which lists the REAL NBA matchups that are actually being played TODAY. Additionally you will see a breakdown of scores from last night’s games, as well as view which players in tonight’s matchups are leading their teams in the various stat categories. Furthermore, while the game is loading you’ll get a quick update on how both teams did in their last games and the stats their key players put up. From the NBA Today Menu, you can access box scores for ALL NBA games that have already been played, division and conference standings, league leader stats, the latest transactions, follow any trades that are happening around the league, and check out an All-Star voting watch menu."

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 noshun @ 08/17/09 10:22 PM
Wow.. and YES!

# 42 cam21224 @ 08/17/09 10:22 PM
This is the becoming the year of the sport gamers(Yerrr).

Fifa (I'm not a soccer fan but my lil cousin had 09 and that was great, and I know it will improve this year.

Madden 10 (feels great and is a solid 8.9 or 9 for that matter.

The show (always a great baseball game.)

Now we have 2k and EA going head to head improving their B-ball games, Man I can't wait to get my hands on one or both of these titles.

# 43 J-Clutch1 @ 08/17/09 10:29 PM

2K Admin Ron wrote
on Aug 17 2009 09:17 PM
I'd say it's pretty reasonable to expect that NBA Draft Combine video to hit sometime this week. Hope to have more word soon.

# 44 Sovartus @ 08/17/09 10:50 PM
Still in wait and see mode...

# 45 Po Pimp @ 08/17/09 11:01 PM
How will the dynamic commentary work during exhibitions?

I hope they fix the All Star Game presentation. The crowd isn't even neutral.

# 46 DW3 @ 08/17/09 11:10 PM
i may actually play with commentary on!

# 47 KaptnKirk12 @ 08/17/09 11:12 PM
I liked what I was reading, and then was thinking to myself. "Damn, can't wait to see this in Association mode."

Then I read it'd be put into MY Association with the stats and what's going on in MY "world." I can't wait for this, this commentary sounds really promising.

# 48 XenoZograscope @ 08/17/09 11:33 PM
Forget the NBA Today im loving what im hearing about this new dynamic commentary...taking it to another level.

# 49 TMagic @ 08/17/09 11:39 PM
Sounds good.

Hopefully it won't be a big let down.

# 50 B-Wills @ 08/17/09 11:44 PM
For online only so looks like I won't be experiencing this.

# 51 Da-Man @ 08/17/09 11:54 PM
so does this mean that during a blow out the commentators will ramble about random things?... if so, imagine how cool this would have been with jeff van gundy, mark jackson and mike breen lol... anyways great feature.

# 52 SageInfinite @ 08/18/09 12:10 AM
This sounds sick. Aww man I can't wait to hear some of this stuff. 2k already had great presentation imo, this will take it to the NEXT level. Great stuff.

# 53 Daxeem @ 08/18/09 12:15 AM
So let's say I'm playing my association, and I trade Wade for Carmelo. The commentators will mention things like "Carmelo fits the Heat to a T...great trade for the Heat." Or will the mention "the former Denver Nugget has increased his ppg since being traded to the Heat." This dynamic commentary sounds VERY exciting. It brings 2K closer to simulation than ever before (if done correctly)

I am getting a bit nervous about how they talked a lot about dynamic this and that with the commentary and NBA Today, but they did not mention 82games.com

It's looking more and more like 82games.com will just be a resource for the "2K Insider" to use in his roster updates. I hope I'm wrong, and 2K uses 82games.com like Live does with the dynamic DNA.

# 54 TMagic @ 08/18/09 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
This sounds sick. Aww man I can't wait to hear some of this stuff. 2k already had great presentation imo, this will take it to the NEXT level. Great stuff.
Sage, you know 2k is not one to keep promises. Don't want you to get to excited and then be let down. I guess you can say that I care. LOL

# 55 Fr3shPrinc3Nyc @ 08/18/09 12:27 AM
man 2k goes toooooooo hard. these guys really work when it comes to their product and since this is the 10th anniversary I know their gonna bring out the big guns this year. With tweaks to the game play and possibly the greatest presentation in a sports game since nfl 2k5, nba 2k10 is looking niiicceeee

# 56 SageInfinite @ 08/18/09 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
Sage, you know 2k is not one to keep promises. Don't want you to get to excited and then be let down. I guess you can say that I care. LOL
Thanx TMagic. I always knew you cared, . I feel really good about the bball games this year. Last year was pretty mediocre as far as both games go, this year appears to be much different. I can't wait.

# 57 a walrus @ 08/18/09 02:13 AM
So if I bring Michael Olawakandi out of retirement put him back on the clippers& trade him for Lebron they gonna talk about it ..........during my assoc.I would love to belive in this feature , the same way i belived in defensive signature styles..will see

# 58 weylum @ 08/18/09 02:13 AM
Wow this is dope. Can't wait to see how those overlays tie in. That's big for stat guys like myself!

# 59 Nephilim @ 08/18/09 02:46 AM
Nice stuff. I think I'll have to schedule my time for bball game playing this year, or it's gonna be a mess... Really, it looks like both games are getting super polished and we will have some real quality products. Plus, with to different approaches to one sport, you can't get bored so easily.

# 60 Po Pimp @ 08/18/09 03:03 AM
Quote:
For the few days during the season where there are no NBA games taking place (or anytime you feel like playing your team) you can simply use Quick Game to create your own fantasy matchup. All the NBA Today commentary/presentation will still be valid looking back and forward in time
I wonder how this is gonna work in exhibition games. Lets say its March, and I picked 2 teams to play who haven't played since January?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.