NBA 2K10: Draft Combine News Post

That was the teaser, here's the actual one:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...nba-2k10/54771

Game: NBA 2K10: Draft CombineReader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine Videos
Member Comments
# 81 ctu130 @ 08/19/09 05:47 AM
Just around the corner But I dunno if it's being released in Australia ? O_O .. anyone know if it is?

# 82 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/19/09 05:55 AM
The court seems bigger...Animation was.... I mean wow.... The sound of the net, WOW! The first dunk was siiiiiiiiiiiiiick! The turn around jumper too! Looks like im buying 2 bball games this year!

# 83 ctu130 @ 08/19/09 06:45 AM
Also, how they wiped Kobe off the screen, and replaced him with the CAP, is this from the game? Or is it just an effect.. If it was from the game, could it possibly mean that they will have the CAP's portrait instead of the grey man? .. I sure hope so, since they have a pretty good CAP system this year!

# 84 DC @ 08/19/09 06:59 AM
Didn't read all 10 pages but they conveniently left out what the draft looks like. I wonder why

# 85 thereginator28 @ 08/19/09 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Didn't read all 10 pages but they conveniently left out what the draft looks like. I wonder why
Yeah, I was wondering that as well. I guess we get no surprises and actually have to get the game to see for ourselves. I'm all in though.

So far everything looks good. Graphics look good to me for an XBLA game. Plus the spacing and flow looks good too. Can't wait to see some real time gameplay vids or the game itself on my tv lol.

# 86 marcoyk @ 08/19/09 10:36 AM
Looking smooth. Can't wait.

# 87 nickkwoodd @ 08/19/09 12:28 PM
Im so stoked for this game, and of the looks of it it looks like the draft will be real because it had the heat with the last pick, and the heat have never had the last pick to my knowledge. I really hope the net sounds like that it sounded so good!

# 88 dlane0087 @ 08/19/09 12:38 PM
Looks like 2k9 :P....But on a serious note did anyone else notice the pace of the game was a lot slower? Last year 2k9 had a run and gun feel to it, looks like they have changed that so that is good to see.

# 89 Ermolli @ 08/19/09 03:32 PM
I really liked the trailer despite the graphics that looks like 2K9. The net sound was

# 90 23bluesman @ 08/19/09 04:00 PM
Don't care much about the Draft Combine, but that gave a good preview of 2K10 with the bigger court and all. Nice.

# 91 jmood88 @ 08/19/09 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral50
If this represents the engine and animations that the full game will have, I'll pass.

Pretty much nothing has changed in terms of the body builder player models and robot animations.

So disappointing.
I have no idea what you were watching.

# 92 Pared @ 08/19/09 11:29 PM
Quote:
If this represents the engine and animations that the full game will have, I'll pass.

Pretty much nothing has changed in terms of the body builder player models and robot animations.

So disappointing.
Where the heck have you been? I have to say, a lot of guys have asked me because they missed posts like this.

Good to see you're alive! And I'm being sincere.

# 93 luv_mist @ 08/20/09 02:03 AM
I'm geeked. I think I'll read a thread every few nights and keep the information brand new to me. I forgot this was coming out next week. The footing is improved. The graphics look sharper. Shot animation is more realistic in the timing it is released like it was said before. The dunk was kind of embarassing because it reminded me of that game (which was posted) that the Bulls stunk up the place this past season.

I hope the shoe editing is in depth in the main game. What a beaut.......

# 94 Behindshadows @ 08/20/09 03:25 AM
Quote:

So disappointing.
I totally agree, but if I wasn't such a collector's edition whore, I'd pass too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
I'm geeked. I think I'll read a thread every few nights and keep the information brand new to me. I forgot this was coming out next week. The footing is improved. The graphics look sharper. Shot animation is more realistic in the timing it is released like it was said before. The dunk was kind of embarassing because it reminded me of that game (which was posted) that the Bulls stunk up the place this past season.

I hope the shoe editing is in depth in the main game. What a beaut.......
Luvmist you know we boys and you know my heart has been deeply for 2k over the last 10 plus years including the 5 back with Genesis and Sega Saturn. But right now, I'm beyond pissed and highly disappointed with what I've seen so far. This game looks absolutely terrible, from the Charlie Murphy, I mean Kobe Bryant photos to the body styles of the player models. Even that Rip Hamilton picture looks identical to 2k9.

I honestly don't think they can do anymore with the technology they have, Take Two has officially destroyed one of the best sports gaming companies in the world, with poor funding and horrendous marketing. Not to mention by allow them to continue to use outdated technology and graphics engines from past gen consoles.

# 95 delanceyj @ 08/21/09 02:24 PM
Sorry if I missed it, but how much is this going to cost to download?

# 96 dab0yech0 @ 08/21/09 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by delanceyj
Sorry if I missed it, but how much is this going to cost to download?
5 bucks

# 97 Ace21kg @ 08/21/09 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Over 14k posts and you haven't adjusted posts per page? I hate having to click through a million different pages in a thread but I guess some people enjoy that. Otherwise, under control panel there is an option to have 40 posts per page. Much easier to read threads IMO.

# 98 Ace21kg @ 08/21/09 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
I totally agree, but if I wasn't such a collector's edition whore, I'd pass too.

Luvmist you know we boys and you know my heart has been deeply for 2k over the last 10 plus years including the 5 back with Genesis and Sega Saturn. But right now, I'm beyond pissed and highly disappointed with what I've seen so far. This game looks absolutely terrible, from the Charlie Murphy, I mean Kobe Bryant photos to the body styles of the player models. Even that Rip Hamilton picture looks identical to 2k9.

I honestly don't think they can do anymore with the technology they have, Take Two has officially destroyed one of the best sports gaming companies in the world, with poor funding and horrendous marketing. Not to mention by allow them to continue to use outdated technology and graphics engines from past gen consoles.
If graphics are all you care about, NBA Live puts out a game every year.

I thought their marketing for NBA 2k9 was pretty solid last year. I certainly remember seeing a ton of commercials once the game hit stores. Honestly, I think the graphics are really solid and wouldn't mind if they didn't change much from year to year now. A few tweaks and slight improvements (especially on certain players) would be nice, but to me it's all about gameplay.

# 99 oairtucks @ 08/21/09 07:12 PM
Can we make an unlimited number of players using the combine? If so, Classic NBA Players here we come!

# 100 Bornindamecca @ 08/21/09 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
I don't understand this at all. 2k introduced new technology by having seamless animations post play. They have far better modeled crowds and stadiums. EA is using pre-rendered cut scenes (technology from what circa 1990) for their presentations.

2k are utilizing new technology and have hardly used outdated graphics. Making cyberfaces on the PC is far harder for nba 2k than it is for any of the previous live games.

EA games focus on different things (how customizable are there player faces in create a player? you choose a pre-rendered face) while 2k focus on different things. It isn't outdated though by any stretch of my imagination.
People's opinions are fine as far as how they feel when they look at a game. When they start talking about engines, animation and why stuff looks real, just about everyone in this thread has no idea what they are talking about. No offense to Stumble, Behindshadows or anyone else. You just literally don't know what you're talking about. For every small kernel of truth in your arguments, there are five things you guys are totally missing, or just have wrong.

And that's perfectly fine. It's not your job to know "why" something looks off to you, or why it feels right. It's just tough to read people trying to puzzle out the whys when they have no concrete knowledge of the subject.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.