Home
NHL 10 News Post

IGN has posted some NHL 10 videos.

Game: NHL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
NHL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 onlybygrace @ 08/19/09 09:02 PM
Don't NO ONE here try tellin me PUNKIN Jordan Tootoo after the whistle wont be FUN AS HELL to me

why did I use this font

# 22 Eddie1967 @ 08/19/09 09:06 PM
Or that chump Patrick Kane.

# 23 Keirik @ 08/19/09 09:22 PM
intro needs massive work. No excuse why the intro for the BAP is IDENTICAL to last year's game. WTF? I got sick of it after a week in last year's game and i'm already sick of it GOING into this year's game.

Very disappointed in that.

# 24 akula @ 08/19/09 09:22 PM
kind of sad that EA has promoted the after-whistle stuff as some kind of realistic improvement on the game. by looking at the videos, it seems to be the worst new addition. very silly looking, unrealistic and downright goofy. Why couldn't they just change the checking to "shoving" after the whistle? then it would look fantastic combined with the face washes. two thumbs down here EA, sorry.

# 25 onlybygrace @ 08/19/09 10:05 PM
I totally see your points about how its not PERFECT...or even relatively close.

BUT

It has never been done before. Sure there are times when it looks dumb, but it really brings in the rest of the aspect of hockey. Penalties after the whistle??? That is hockeys X factor, would you not agree?

In a playoff series I can now actually get Holmstrom out of my goalies grill by force...and it effects the game. Hmm...

EA

25 THUMBS UP!!!

Its the hockey gaming worlds first attempt at this...take it for what it is but I'm willing to believe it'll only improve from here.

# 26 MizzouRah @ 08/19/09 10:45 PM
I'll reserve judgment after I play the demo.. it does look a bit silly in these videos though.

I do like the fighting and overall the game play just feels and looks more like hockey this year.

# 27 CarryTheWeight @ 08/19/09 11:50 PM
Yeah, that bit with the mimicked crosschecks by every man on the team was pretty poor and didn't look at all like real life scrums/confrontations we see in hockey, but it's better than nothing. Like another poster said, I'd probably face wash the player I want intimidated 9 times out of 10 if checking after the play yields these types of results.

# 28 Eddie1967 @ 08/20/09 12:33 AM
As good as it looks, the game play doesn't seem natural to me. Something about the player movement looks robotic after looking at those videos again. I want a reason to buy this game because I disliked the last few versions of EA hockey. Besides the pretty picture it doesn't have an organic feel to it. That and not having signature styles is a biggie for me. I'm hoping that you can tell the difference between all of the players. That is something that 2k is doing this year and it gives the game more personality. Besides the attributes I want the players to really behave like they would in real life and that means every player on every team.

# 29 onlybygrace @ 08/20/09 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
As good as it looks, the game play doesn't seem natural to me. Something about the player movement looks robotic after looking at those videos again. I want a reason to buy this game because I disliked the last few versions of EA hockey. Besides the pretty picture it doesn't have an organic feel to it. That and not having signature styles is a biggie for me. I'm hoping that you can tell the difference between all of the players. That is something that 2k is doing this year and it gives the game more personality. Besides the attributes I want the players to really behave like they would in real life and that means every player on every team.
*sigh*

Okay. Great!!!

# 30 CarryTheWeight @ 08/20/09 03:53 PM
Eddie, we all know you're a 2K man but if you gave 10 an unbiased look I think you'll be pretty impressed by what they changed this year. It may not be a dramatic overhaul like Madden 10 was (and I'm kinda peeved about the lack of a revamped broadcast presentation) but what I've seen so far is enough substantial improvement to make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I do hope that this year I can't deke like Sid with Rob Blake. That was pretty weak last year. I really don't know if any game will get that right, but I hope EA's does this year.
Hardcore Mode solves this I think. One of the previews I read said that there's a speed and ability difference between players (like what Madden does with 40 times) so that guys like Henrik Tallinder can't pull off Ovechkin type moves in open ice. At least I thought I heard something about it.

# 31 Eddie1967 @ 08/20/09 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
Eddie, we all know you're a 2K man but if you gave 10 an unbiased look I think you'll be pretty impressed by what they changed this year. It may not be a dramatic overhaul like Madden 10 was (and I'm kinda peeved about the lack of a revamped broadcast presentation) but what I've seen so far is enough substantial improvement to make a difference.

Hardcore Mode solves this I think. One of the previews I read said that there's a speed and ability difference between players (like what Madden does with 40 times) so that guys like Henrik Tallinder can't pull off Ovechkin type moves in open ice. At least I thought I heard something about it.
I downloaded the demo and I'm playing it right now. My biggest problem is the controls so it's hard for to me comment on the gameplay at this point. Need more time.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.