Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

IGN has posted their hands-on preview of NBA 2K10.

Quote:
"The NBA 2K series has been pummeling NBA Live into the ground over the last few years. There's no doubt that Live is looking stronger than it has in a long while this season, but NBA 2K is aiming to raise the bar even higher with NBA 2K10. I recently spent some time at Visual Concepts to get my hands on a preview build of the game. And yes, I beat both developers that I played – though they always go easy on us journos.

The first and probably most important new addition to the 2K formula is called NBA Today. It's both a small mode in the game and a feature that permeates just about every other game you'll play. From the main menu clicking on NBA Today will bring you to a list of real NBA games that are set to take place. For our purposes – and since the NBA season hasn't started yet – we were treated to a list of pre-season games. NBA Today not only keeps up with the current NBA schedule, but it also has an effect on things like franchise mode."

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Bornindamecca @ 08/19/09 07:52 PM
I'm not trying to call out the art team, because these pics look awesome overall.

--However--

Those socks are too thick and are lit wrong. They make the sneakers look like space boots.

# 2 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/19/09 07:52 PM

# 3 chadskee @ 08/19/09 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool2fool
it's fake fool! you won't see 1 single layer of lighting during gameplay.
Nothing trying to hate 2k but they pulled that cheap crap with me last year showing awesome pic but giving me something 10% of what it should be!
What are you trying to accomplish here? Nobody is concerned that you hate the graphics so stop bashing posters that like them.

# 4 Nodima @ 08/19/09 07:53 PM

# 5 infam0us @ 08/19/09 07:54 PM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1015881p1.html

Link for Hands on. 36 NEW TENDENCIES!

"(2K is hoping to get audio from David Stern for use in the draft portion of the game)"

Come on Stern be a team player

# 6 LEBRONSTOPPER24 @ 08/19/09 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Are either one of them supposed to be able to stop Kobe from dunking?
regardless kobe should not be able to dunk over two players with no body contact maybe you love 2k9 cause u can windmill over 4 people but 2k need to put a stop to these dunks on they created

# 7 NINJAK2 @ 08/19/09 07:56 PM
Quote:
This is what 2k9 graphic looks like in game

This is how they advertise

I played both live and 2k and i'm positive that 2k has all kind of features which make it better due to it's not 100% from in game but cutscene whereas live has legit graphic having the same high player poly in game and replay mode
Jesus..can this not become yet another Live vs. 2k thread. If this is a preview of 2k let's keep the focus on 2k..

# 8 cam21224 @ 08/19/09 07:57 PM
(2K is hoping to get audio from David Stern for use in the draft portion of the game)

Pared you was right, they was teasing us yesterday.

# 9 DC @ 08/19/09 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Are either one of them supposed to be able to stop Kobe from dunking?
BOTH of them are supposed to stop him from dunking.

# 10 J-Clutch1 @ 08/19/09 07:59 PM
Lmao, my bad for posting that other thread.

# 11 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/19/09 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ign
Another small detail that many fans will enjoy is the ability to save and quit out of a game and return to it later. It might sound minute but it's amazingly significant if someone is nagging you to get out the door and you're in the second-quarter of a playoff game.

# 12 RICH72601 @ 08/19/09 08:00 PM
The screens look good, but still hoping these are early pics. The jerseys still need a lot of work imo.

# 13 thmst30 @ 08/19/09 08:01 PM
Well. That was unfortunately not a very good preview. I know it's not the "final build" but some of those statements worry me for sure. In-game saves though are awesome!!!

# 14 jmood88 @ 08/19/09 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
BOTH of them are supposed to stop him from dunking.
I'vr seen Ray Allen or Rondo stop anyone from dunking, let alone Kobe.

# 15 cam21224 @ 08/19/09 08:02 PM
Quote:
saying someone who own both ps3 and xbox360 don't have the money to buy an HDTV or what? try soemthing else.
Nobody asked you and nobody said you didn't have the money.

Like what is your purpose in this thread because obviously all your post is a bunch of bs about how the graphics are fake and quoting other people just to irk them.

Go watch spongebob or something.

F*** off dude damn.

Now back to this threads purpose, which is to discuss the ign preview for today.

# 16 noshun @ 08/19/09 08:02 PM
"Another small detail that many fans will enjoy is the ability to save and quit out of a game and return to it later"

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 17 DocHolliday @ 08/19/09 08:03 PM
No contracts for "My Player" mode? No Negotiating? No getting traded or released? no asking for a trade? You just totally get to decide where you go? Why would you leave that out?

This better not turn into Madden Superstar mode.

sigh.

# 18 chadskee @ 08/19/09 08:03 PM
Meh, not much new info and the reviewer seemed fairly pessimistic. On the the next developer blog then?

# 19 infam0us @ 08/19/09 08:03 PM
How do you post up now if the Left trigger is for isomotion, should have left isomotion on the stick. Simplified buttons seem like they're dumbing it down so offense can be easier.

# 20 jmood88 @ 08/19/09 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadskee
Meh, not much new info and the reviewer seemed fairly pessimistic. On the the next developer blog then?
He didn't seem pessimistic, he's just the type of guy who abuses everything. The IGN guys are horrible at sports games.

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.