Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

IGN has posted their hands-on preview of NBA 2K10.

Quote:
"The NBA 2K series has been pummeling NBA Live into the ground over the last few years. There's no doubt that Live is looking stronger than it has in a long while this season, but NBA 2K is aiming to raise the bar even higher with NBA 2K10. I recently spent some time at Visual Concepts to get my hands on a preview build of the game. And yes, I beat both developers that I played – though they always go easy on us journos.

The first and probably most important new addition to the 2K formula is called NBA Today. It's both a small mode in the game and a feature that permeates just about every other game you'll play. From the main menu clicking on NBA Today will bring you to a list of real NBA games that are set to take place. For our purposes – and since the NBA season hasn't started yet – we were treated to a list of pre-season games. NBA Today not only keeps up with the current NBA schedule, but it also has an effect on things like franchise mode."

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SageInfinite @ 08/19/09 08:05 PM
Kool preview. Not really much to go on. In game saves is nice though. Not really too impressed with the screens, I know they're not the final build. Can't wait for videos.

# 22 DC @ 08/19/09 08:06 PM
Highlights of the article

Quote:
2K is adding 36 new tendencies to the game that will be used by the AI to bring the action closer to reality.
Just hope they WORK

Quote:
(2K is hoping to get audio from David Stern for use in the draft portion of the game)
Nice

Quote:
Using lock-on defense also depletes your turbo meter because you're playing much more aggressively
Bout damn time

Quote:
Another small detail that many fans will enjoy is the ability to save and quit out of a game and return to it later. It might sound minute but it's amazingly significant if someone is nagging you to get out the door and you're in the second-quarter of a playoff game.
Bout damn time

Quote:
Defensive help rotations were said to be added, but they didn't make many appearances in the build that I played. I constantly found open lanes to the basket with no rotating center there to stop me. I'm hoping that the refined AI that I was promised makes it in time for the October ship date.
LOL You would think this was the FIRST thing that was taken care of

# 23 plyrically @ 08/19/09 08:07 PM
Maybe I got used to the complex level of the developers insight, but this piece was Amateur-ish to me.

# 24 bateman11 @ 08/19/09 08:08 PM
Wow...lol

someone tell me why i am not hyped for this game?

# 25 ffaacc03 @ 08/19/09 08:08 PM
Here is the link to the article ... as honest as they come ...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1015881p1.html

# 26 DC @ 08/19/09 08:08 PM
Yea for the most part this "preview" was weak as hell. Remember, never get your hopes up for this type of stuff. Just wait for the videos

# 27 TMagic @ 08/19/09 08:13 PM
36 New Tendencies....

SOUNDS good...

# 28 RipCity71252 @ 08/19/09 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
Wow...lol

someone tell me why i am not hyped for this game?
Yup, my NBA 2k hype level is pretty much zilch right now and it was pretty high around this time last year for 2k9.

# 29 ffaacc03 @ 08/19/09 08:15 PM
Maybe, by addressing a problem they created a more intrincated one. More court spacing ... more evident the flaws of the defensive AI ...

The dynamic audio, cap options, dribbling & post moves perspectives are making me optimistic.

# 30 SageInfinite @ 08/19/09 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
36 New Tendencies....

SOUNDS good...
Exactly. Sounds good. Gotta see how they effect the gameplay. None of the ish matters anyway. I know I'm buying the game, lol.

# 31 NINJAK2 @ 08/19/09 08:17 PM
Liked the info about 82 games.com ,spacing, and movement...defensive help side D comment= not very happy. Game still over a month away though..prays

p.s. Really impressed with that Kevin Love shot...........

# 32 DC @ 08/19/09 08:21 PM
Why are yall "happy" about info that we ALREADY "knew"

# 33 B-Wills @ 08/19/09 08:21 PM
IN GAME SAVES!?!?!?!?!?!

FINALLY

# 34 Aces15 @ 08/19/09 08:21 PM
I don't know why it took me so long to realize this, but none of this matters to me. I'll keep my judgments reserved until gameplay videos and the demo.

# 35 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/19/09 08:22 PM
Quote:
Defensive help rotations were said to be added, but they didn't make many appearances in the build that I played. I constantly found open lanes to the basket with no rotating center there to stop me. I'm hoping that the refined AI that I was promised makes it in time for the October ship date.
Hmmm now I'm concerned...I hate this in 2k9...I hate it when defensive players don't rotate...I hope they fix this before the release.

# 36 Jano @ 08/19/09 08:22 PM
The preview didn't have much excitement to it and the help defense comment didn't help either. He didn't really compare it to last year to see how it improved. Oh well I'll just wait on the OS preview because they will be able to give us a good idea on if our concerns from last year were really addressed.

# 37 ffaacc03 @ 08/19/09 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
36 New Tendencies....

SOUNDS good...

Unless you are one of those fallen angels (in a good way) that are within this very site (Neon-Nogster-Rashidi), whom edit the default rosters to correct inappropiate behaivors of players and resemble what really happens on court ... their work has exponentially increase ...

Hope they implement them correctly and that they are not useless as the individual defensive tendencies are in 2k9 (no effect on sim or actual gameplay).

# 38 cam21224 @ 08/19/09 08:24 PM
Player's faces looked good thanks to technology from ImageMetrics (the same blokes that did GTA IV's faces)

Great now, Charlie V will most certainly look like a hedious monster.

Yerrr for the in game saves, now give the community what they want. VIDEOS!!!!!!!!!

# 39 bigeastbumrush @ 08/19/09 08:24 PM
In-game saves FTW!

EVERY title should have in-game saves. It should be a requirement.

# 40 ffaacc03 @ 08/19/09 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
The preview didn't have much excitement to it and the help defense comment didn't help either. He didn't really compare it to last year to see how it improved. Oh well I'll just wait on the OS preview because they will be able to give us a good idea on if our concerns from last year were really addressed.
I am confident that our OS guys will concentrate on those important issues and on new unheard/unnoticed/unknown stuff ...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.