Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

IGN has posted their hands-on preview of NBA 2K10.

Quote:
"The NBA 2K series has been pummeling NBA Live into the ground over the last few years. There's no doubt that Live is looking stronger than it has in a long while this season, but NBA 2K is aiming to raise the bar even higher with NBA 2K10. I recently spent some time at Visual Concepts to get my hands on a preview build of the game. And yes, I beat both developers that I played – though they always go easy on us journos.

The first and probably most important new addition to the 2K formula is called NBA Today. It's both a small mode in the game and a feature that permeates just about every other game you'll play. From the main menu clicking on NBA Today will bring you to a list of real NBA games that are set to take place. For our purposes – and since the NBA season hasn't started yet – we were treated to a list of pre-season games. NBA Today not only keeps up with the current NBA schedule, but it also has an effect on things like franchise mode."

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 NINJAK2 @ 08/20/09 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool2fool
That's not you playing the actual game smarty! That's going to replay mode..... The actual graphic is only 10% of that hahaha. I hate how console version couldn't achieve the same higher poly model of like the PC version during gameplay.
You're HD screen is ugly btw! Sure it may look good at 1st sigh but ur losing little detail because of ur brightness level setting being too low, contrast too high... are u saying the darker the image, the more HD it is?
A high end pc will kill any next gen console in graphics cool and I don't see that trend changing anytime soon. Also where did you pull that 10% of the graphics number from??

# 122 Epiffani @ 08/20/09 01:52 PM
Quote:
u must have 0 knowledge of how 2k use their replay mode buddy.
It's different with other games when u go to replay mode to zoom in and out, look at Fight night round 4 for example, the game is the same while during gameplay and replay mode whereas nba 2k games is a fraud! you have somethinglike 5k poly model during gameplay with no sweat, lighting, depth of field, and many more features and once u go to replay mode, Bam the model is up to around 30k poly. You can even go to camera mode and zoom in as close as possible,even use ur TV remote to change the screen to zoom and u dont even see one single dynamic lighting being and sweat being used during gameplay. It's just a cheap way of showcasing graphic which they can't achieve.
This post is laced with socratic irony....

I guess Fight Night Round 4 is crazy fraud too since you can't zoom in all the way on boxers without them disappearin. I mean, its quite obvious that they "poly" system is "flawed", and they stopped the user from zooming in because of the "glitches" in the "database". I guess Fight Night is fraudulent because they didn't include a referee in the ring while while da fight is goin on. I mean come on, Its obvious they were running out of "polys", and they didn't want the actual fighters to take a hit in the all to important "poly count". I didn't understand you at first, but I see the light now. Keep dropping that nawledge.

# 123 eDotd @ 08/20/09 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
What do you mean SMH. All of this is your fault
what?

# 124 Goffs @ 08/20/09 02:54 PM
I smell a troll brah

# 125 Epiffani @ 08/20/09 03:00 PM
Quote:
Zooming in is not a factor Mr. Just like any pc games, you have the option to turn the detail setting of the game to High , medium, and low and 2k9 was obviously set to low or something. It affects the graphic during gameplay not the replay mode because that doesn't count.Nba live 09 graphic during gameplay and replay mode is legit and identical. It's not even fair to compare graphic of 2k and nba live and saying 2k player model blows live out of the water when it's not even nearly possible to play something close to what they advertise. Have fun looking at them in replay mode bra.
You're just blowing smoke and you have no idea what you're talking about to be frank, and its hilarious. You've been throwing around random numbers about "polys", and how the actual game is only 10% of what you see in replay, then you said something about you being disappointed that the console version of NBA 2K doesn't look as good as the PC version, and now of course when all fails, you bring up Live for whatever random reason, and you're off basis on that also. If you're going to highlight anything that Live has over 2k definitively, its the lighting, and the textures they use for their game.

Lol @ the notion of polygons being reduced once you're in game. Were not talking about cut scenes son. This is nothing more than your baseless opinion (nothing factual in your posts), and you've been spewing nothing, but randomness throughout this thread. Get informed asap.

# 126 DC @ 08/20/09 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybandit2000
never seen this much hate on a "hands on preview" of an early build of a game.. if you wont buy because of this to each its own.. both games 'sound' like theyre going in the right direction... live of course has some catching up to do, so of course there will be more information coming from them
Why does it have to be HATE because certain folks are PRAISING what they have read?

# 127 Epiffani @ 08/20/09 03:37 PM
Quote:
yeah mr. hilarious, wasn't it you who told me to bring up any game this gen that doesn't look better in replay mode? go on and defend 2k for as long as u want, I'm no fanboy of live or anything because I both and obviously I can see things better than you k.
Umm, yeah I own Live 09 as well, and I'm not defending 2k, I just can't believe that anybody can actually believe what you're saying, but I'll digress on that point because its moot to what I'm saying. A simple yes or a simple no will do for the following; you're telling me that you don't see any details in Live when in replay mode that you otherwise wouldn't have seen? I'll call your bluff real quick:

HD Live 09

No way do you notice all of the details while playing a regular game in EITHER game, and guess what? Neither game has lost or gained any polygons by going in and out of replay mode .

Edit: my bad guys for being apart of sidetracking this thread.... This kid is just ridiculous.

# 128 23 @ 08/20/09 03:55 PM
Quote:
while ur at it, why not go ahead and take a pic of both game during gameplay and let's analyze won't you?
Man I want you to stop this crap and quit coming in both forums nitpicking the games without making on topic posts about the topics.

# 129 NINJAK2 @ 08/20/09 05:07 PM
In all fairness to cool, back on old gen = regular xbox, ps2 , dreamcast- VC did use a technique they called model swapping where they used higher polys during replay than in-game (mentioned here:http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/166/166540p1.html). I remember reading an article about it in a mag long ago. The earlier the game (nfl 2k, nba 2k, etc.) the more you noticed it if you looked for it. As they got more familiar with the hardware though, the difference between the replay models and in game models began to reduce imo. When I played NBA 2k6 on my old xbox and then played a friend's 360 version the biggest difference to me was that what I saw in the replays regarding models were identical to the on court action imo. That made it very hard to go home and play my old xbox version as the detail was not as good.

VC has better hardware to work with now so that isn't an issue in this gen regarding the model swapping technique imo.

# 130 Suave35 @ 08/21/09 04:05 AM
New Features are awsome! 2K,just take your time and release the best game possible.I have faith in yall don't let us down.

# 131 crazybandit2000 @ 08/21/09 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Why does it have to be HATE because certain folks are PRAISING what they have read?
theres more bashing of the 2k series than praising the effort they seem to be making this yr from the preview... seems like people are so quick to defend live by saying things like "oo live will fix that before it comes out.. or that wont be there when the game comes out" like they're the developers.. yet when someone says he was able to drive at will because the defensive rotations werent put in the build yet 2k is looked upon as non purchase...

# 132 theanswer34 @ 08/21/09 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybandit2000
theres more bashing of the 2k series than praising the effort they seem to be making this yr from the preview... seems like people are so quick to defend live by saying things like "oo live will fix that before it comes out.. or that wont be there when the game comes out" like they're the developers.. yet when someone says he was able to drive at will because the defensive rotations werent put in the build yet 2k is looked upon as non purchase...
Man seriuously those it matter what people think, I swear when these 2 games drop I'm out.

# 133 theanswer34 @ 08/21/09 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ign
Playcalling is a bit different than it has been. While you still access the playcalling menu by pressing right on the d-pad, you'll now have the ability to access a slew of different plays arranged by position..
This part got me pumped up yes they finally fix and add better plays for playcalling. But what play those he show that the playcalling as improve a ISO, because no other game has ever got ISO right. I guess i'll have to judge and see myself that it has improved or we might get a better look from OS.

# 134 dab0yech0 @ 08/21/09 02:15 PM
Quote:
From there you'll be drafted (2K is hoping to get audio from David Stern for use in the draft portion of the game)
That would be so sick

# 135 Greatrashad @ 08/22/09 05:17 AM
Can't wait 4 it I swear!!!!

# 136 Progenitor @ 08/22/09 06:00 AM
"There are no agent signings or contract negotiation talks in this year's version of My Player. " Does this mean I stay with only one team my whole career? Can I become a Free Agent and sign with another team or choose which team i want to go to?

# 137 marcoyk @ 08/22/09 11:43 PM
Nice, sounds like gameplay is good. Looking forward to the game!

# 138 babyfat9 @ 08/23/09 12:39 AM
Hope they fixed the breakaway engine. Too many times I found myself with a clear breakaway while pressing speedburst only to have the player take a step back before running to the basket allowing the defender to catch up!!!!

# 139 martasfinest @ 08/23/09 11:32 PM
I thought the same thing. Maybe he meant to say the left and right sticks are for dribble moves and the left and right triggers, along with the Y button are for low post moves. This is how it was in 2K9.

# 140 deetoman @ 08/23/09 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORICAN
I would like to know this too. Anybody have an idea?

On the 2ksports 2k10 message board that Ron dude said you wont have to stay with your team your whole career and that we will learn more about this on the my player insight

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.