Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

IGN has posted their hands-on preview of NBA 2K10.

Quote:
"The NBA 2K series has been pummeling NBA Live into the ground over the last few years. There's no doubt that Live is looking stronger than it has in a long while this season, but NBA 2K is aiming to raise the bar even higher with NBA 2K10. I recently spent some time at Visual Concepts to get my hands on a preview build of the game. And yes, I beat both developers that I played – though they always go easy on us journos.

The first and probably most important new addition to the 2K formula is called NBA Today. It's both a small mode in the game and a feature that permeates just about every other game you'll play. From the main menu clicking on NBA Today will bring you to a list of real NBA games that are set to take place. For our purposes – and since the NBA season hasn't started yet – we were treated to a list of pre-season games. NBA Today not only keeps up with the current NBA schedule, but it also has an effect on things like franchise mode."

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 luv_mist @ 08/24/09 02:37 AM
Wow, the posts in this thread are hilarious. The conclusion jumping and assumptions are too much. Definitely added years. By the way, Epiffani, those are some nice screens you captures. I have to say that the second one is exactly what I see on my Samsung. Wife sometimes watches in amazement by how nice it looks in plain movement. Definitely looking forward to more information. Around here, the streets are waiting for 2K.......

# 142 biglami @ 08/24/09 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
I'm not trying to call out the art team, because these pics look awesome overall.

--However--

Those socks are too thick and are lit wrong. They make the sneakers look like space boots.

I would appreciate if the dev team put all their time and effort into the physics of the game (collision detection, fixing shot release issues where some guys are automatic and other guys are horrible), strategy and player relation issues/ spacing, and genereal gameplay stuff. Give me a perfect game and take the players' socks off altogether and I would play the heck outta the game. (I cant see socks when I am trying to see what 10 digital basketball players are doing and where they are, and looking for my opening, anyway.)

And I know, some guys actually care about players' sneakers and tattoos and all that stuff- I just don't.

# 143 HeavenlyTouch @ 08/24/09 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
Hope they fixed the breakaway engine. Too many times I found myself with a clear breakaway while pressing speedburst only to have the player take a step back before running to the basket allowing the defender to catch up!!!!
On top of that player tendencies.

Many times I run a 2on1 or 3on1 fast break and suddenly both my wings just stop at the 3 point line and force me to go 1 on 1.

# 144 bigfnjoe96 @ 08/24/09 12:19 PM
LOL @ comparing FNR-4 Graphics (2 Models) to 2K which has (10 different Models) all moving @ the same time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.