Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Pasta Padre has posted patch #2 details for NCAA Football 10.

Quote:
"EA Sports has released the details of the second patch for NCAA Football 10. This appears to be a very substantial patch which is somewhat expected since the first patch addressed little other than fixing the sliders, adding the ability to turn off DLC cheats in Online Dynasty, and making the somewhat more accurate rosters playable online. The patch is expected to be out soon but no official date has been specified as of yet.

As has been pointed out though in the comments there is no mention of player progression. That has been one of the most discussed issues with the game and was anticipated to be fixed but according to the info has not been addressed. I’m also surprised that there hasn’t been adjustment made to the Aggressive (aka Facemask penalty) game planning."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 chris11sg @ 08/24/09 09:12 PM
Hell yeah!!!!! Finally!!!!!

# 2 finz99 @ 08/24/09 09:15 PM
No player progression fix? Sad day.

# 3 chris11sg @ 08/24/09 09:18 PM
No player progression. Uh Oh!!!!!!! I predict a meltdown of biblical porportions on these boards really soon… lol.

# 4 Sundown2600 @ 08/24/09 09:26 PM
No player progression fixes? Yeah it's gonna be a riot. Look at all the crap they had to fix. This game is a month and a week old and many people have already given up on it. EA step your game up please.

# 5 Herky @ 08/24/09 09:32 PM
I wonder what would happen I used EA's thought process and "testing" for my upper lever computer programming courses in college this year?

I'm guessing I'd never graduate.

# 6 JalenTigh @ 08/24/09 09:33 PM
With no fatigue or progression fix, this game is nothing more then a sim for draft classes to me. Lesson learned... rent! Don't Buy!

# 7 boritter @ 08/24/09 09:34 PM
Quote:
  • Lead Blocking tweaks to fix some cases of pulling lineman ignoring defenders
What does that mean? Instead of the OL AI being diarrhea 100% of the time it will be crap 90% of the time?

The lead blockers miss their blocks 70% of the time. The tackles next to the pulling guards never block down. They leave the DT unblocked 100% of the time. This does not happen occasionally; it happens on every play where a guard pulls.

# 8 bigsmallwood @ 08/24/09 09:59 PM
Wow. And Ladies and Gents...If its in the Game.....wait until next year! And if not that year...the year after that...so on and so forth. smh

# 9 gerg1234 @ 08/24/09 10:00 PM
awesome...Pac-10 schedule is STILL broken.

# 10 feeq14 @ 08/24/09 10:06 PM
Wow... I cant believe there was no mention of progression or tuning incoming freshmen. I am usually pretty positive, but I cant imagine that they would ignore completely that issue. Something has to be up...

WOW!!

# 11 marcoyk @ 08/24/09 10:14 PM
Well, good news... but it might just be too late for me. Madden Madden Madden.

# 12 Illustrator76 @ 08/24/09 10:15 PM
What the heck happened to fatigue? I mean it's clearly broken and they do nothing about it? That's a pretty important thing that needs to be patched IMHO....

# 13 BroMontana82 @ 08/24/09 10:31 PM
all of this looks pretty unfortunately...i'm glad i went with madden. does anyone know why fatigue and progression were left out? if madden leaves critical things out of their patch i'm done with football before the season begins.

# 14 Herky @ 08/24/09 10:31 PM
Time for a new development team. This one clearly doesn't get it.

Time to do the David Ortiz thing (former EA employee) and cut their losses.

# 15 ReeseChiarlo @ 08/24/09 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
.wait until next year! And if not that year...the year after that...so on and so forth. smh
As an Ohio Sports fan this is our Mantra...I guess I am rather used to it. I am sure Cubs fans can relate too.

# 16 Dbrentonbuck @ 08/24/09 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
We just can't keep buying these games at release anymore. I told myself after lsat year that I would not pre-order, fooled this time but never again.
agreed... you can argue that progression is working the way they intended it to even if it is not to our likeing, but fatigue is CLEARLY a broken feature and exactly the kind of thing that a patch is designed to fix.

# 17 BuckeyesFan21 @ 08/24/09 10:33 PM
Not the best patch. I didn't expect them to fix any game-breaking elements like progression or fatigue. However, there were a few fixes I like:

* Greatly increased the quality of uploaded videos
* Tuned player switching logic to give a more appropriate player
* Receivers will now try and release to the appropriate side of the defender based on their route
* Fixed and issue where Punt was not the default selection on 4th down and punting distance

Some of the things that were "fixed" were of parts of the game that is completely broken, like blocking.

# 18 BoJackson @ 08/24/09 10:36 PM
UNREAL!

This is like blowing the transmission on my car and I take it to the shop to fix nothing but the small dings on my door. WTF?

# 19 JalenTigh @ 08/24/09 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk
Well, good news... but it might just be too late for me. Madden Madden Madden.

LOL... Madden is just as, if not even more broken then NCAA..

# 20 JAYMO76 @ 08/24/09 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
agreed... you can argue that progression is working the way they intended it to even if it is not to our likeing, but fatigue is CLEARLY a broken feature and exactly the kind of thing that a patch is designed to fix.
This is why I want to hear from Adam. Does A/Tiburon believe that fatigue is working the way they intended or not?

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.