Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Check out the new NBA Live 10 blog, going over passing controls.

Quote:
"So for this week, we’re going to take a look at passing. Passing is one of those features that hasn’t seen a ton of new innovation in recent iterations. Everyone just expects to be able to get the ball from one player to another with as little frustration as possible. Sometimes that’s easier said than done. It seems like every year people complain about “directional passing,” saying that their passes are getting thrown to a different player than the guy they’re pointing at. We spent quite a bit of time working on the directional passing logic and re-tuning the system to accommodate the tendencies of different people. You’d be surprised at how different the expected behavior is from one person to the next when trying to throw a simple pass. Some people flick the stick, some swing it, and some people are always just off a little bit because they can’t compensate for the camera angle. Another tool we gave the user this year is the player indicator direction arrow. If you’ve seen videos of gameplay you’ve probably noticed a little arrow protruding from the ball handler’s indicator. That arrow represents exactly what you’re doing on the left analog stick at all times."

Again guys, lower difficulty to showcase a certain feature.

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 23 @ 08/28/09 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
LOL what a great year to be a basketball videogame fan.

I dunno man this might be getting the majority of my time...man this is tough
Yessir! and its about that time isnt it

# 22 WTF @ 08/28/09 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
oh shoot.. my bad... thanks a lot Will
No problem brotha... And I'm right there with you. Live is looking like my dream game thus far.

# 23 slvicick @ 08/28/09 12:15 PM
Wow. I think it's time to go ahead and preorder

# 24 blues rocker @ 08/28/09 12:19 PM
from the videos I've seen so far, it looks like Live is going to have the best controls. After watching videos of Combine, it looks like 2k still has the problem of sluggish, messy player controls, whereas Live's controls look quick, tight, and responsive (especially the dribbling/player control). After years of 2k not fixing their controls, it looks like Live finally passed them up...I'm about 90 percent sure that EA will be getting my 60 dollars this year. I will try both demos first, but the videos of Live just look much better in terms of control.

# 25 blues rocker @ 08/28/09 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
http://www.easports.com/blogs/nbaliv...ssing-controls

Again guys, lower difficulty to showcase a certain feature.
wasn't there supposed to be a 5 min gameplay video this week?

# 26 stephensonmc @ 08/28/09 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
wasn't there supposed to be a 5 min gameplay video this week?
yes

# 27 WTF @ 08/28/09 12:30 PM
THe weeks is almost over. You want me to come and play Live and capture it steph? lol.

# 28 jr2424 @ 08/28/09 12:33 PM
Like what I see. Player movement is a lot better than last year. Seems like everytime I see a new video the game looks better and better. Can't wait for the demo, but guys I think it's unfair to compare the vids that live has dropped to the combine because I think the combine was built by July 15th (That what it says about the accuracy of the rosters). I think we should be pumped that Live looks really great this year, but also give 2k a fair shot too.
Sorry to go a little off topic. Again, great job by this Live squad making a game that has this highly astute basketball community really hyped. No small feat.

# 29 Stumbleweed @ 08/28/09 12:37 PM
Yeah for sure... don't want to just assume that 2K10 will be the Combine with some minor fixes... they just haven't given us ANYTHING of substance relating to gameplay aside from vague assurances that help defense is improved, etc. And after playing the Combine, if that's more or less what I have to look forward to in the full retail, I won't be very happy.

Anyway.. hope we get that gameplay video this week still. You teases.

# 30 DC @ 08/28/09 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Haha, just change the buttons to PS3 buttons and you're set. Do you just wanna see the game played on PS3, or was that a real question? The controls are the same for both versions.

Good work EA

# 31 SageInfinite @ 08/28/09 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
This absolutely made my day. Not only did the net animation splash better than NBA 09 and 2k9 but the lead designer gave me a tutorial so I don't miss a beat once the game comes out!

Mike you should take tips $$ for the stuff you're doing, it's like a red carpet treatment as we enter the best NBA sim ever!
I thought about you as soon as I saw that jump shot, lol.

# 32 23 @ 08/28/09 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
THe weeks is almost over. You want me to come and play Live and capture it steph? lol.

# 33 jr2424 @ 08/28/09 12:43 PM
Agreed Stumble. For the first time in three years, I'm having a really tough time choosing between the two NBA games. I do hope Live has a career mode (I know it might not be that popular to most, but I've wanted one for B-ball since playing RTTS for MLB.) With NHL 09 and 10 doing such a great job with their Be a Pro, I hope Live can do the same. But I know that gameplay was their No. 1 concern (for good reason) and they have done an AMAZING job in one year's time. I think they might not have had time to do a career mode for this year, which is fine. Just love that Live is no longer a punch line.
Great job again to Marcus, Mike and the rest of the Live staff that doesn't get to post here. We all know it's not a two-man job (I know Marcus and Mike would be the first ones to tell us that.)

# 34 Benicio10 @ 08/28/09 12:48 PM
Nice looking vid overall...

It's nice to see CHEST PASSES! NBA 2K9 killed me with all of the overhead passes along the perimeter. It's still there in the 2K10 Draft Combine vid and it irks me!

Also love the off-ball AI with teammates setting picks for you as you control an off-ball player.

The baseline layup and fall down was sweet! I was watching thinking "oh God don't tell me this is going to be a dunk", and he layed it off the glass off balance. Nice!

One question. What level is this video on? That dunk in the lane by the Hornets (by Rasual Butler?) just wouldn't happen in a game. He was too ferocious in the lane and elevated in traffic. He looked like a young Amare. That was disappointing to see.

# 35 baron_warriors @ 08/28/09 12:48 PM
Marcus said on my Twitter that there might be video's coming today but he can't commit to it.

Just letting everyone know.

# 36 Bornindamecca @ 08/28/09 12:49 PM
Great, great features. Really brilliant approach to passing. Does defense on the ballhandler affect the accuracy of the pass?

# 37 Muzyk23 @ 08/28/09 12:49 PM
As for some of the guys posting before me this looks like my dream game so far. Fantastic animations! I think Live gets the majority of my basketball time this year.

# 38 23 @ 08/28/09 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I thought about you as soon as I saw that jump shot, lol.
Im sure glad that talk is over with because it was getting on my nerves.

# 39 jrich730 @ 08/28/09 12:50 PM
The passing looks great i am going to have a blast with it...i was buying live any way but i need some franchise info soon or be a pro

# 40 baron_warriors @ 08/28/09 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10
Nice looking vid overall...

It's nice to see CHEST PASSES! NBA 2K9 killed me with all of the overhead passes along the perimeter. It's still there in the 2K10 Draft Combine vid and it irks me!

Also love the off-ball AI with teammates setting picks for you as you control an off-ball player.

The baseline layup and fall down was sweet! I was watching thinking "oh God don't tell me this is going to be a dunk", and he layed it off the glass off balance. Nice!

One question. What level is this video on? That dunk in the lane by the Hornets (by Rasual Butler?) just wouldn't happen in a game. He was too ferocious in the lane and elevated in traffic. He looked like a young Amare. That was disappointing to see.

Actually I believe that was Emeka Okafor but yeah that was a little unrealistic. But also take into account that this is on a lower difficulty hence the unrealistic dunk.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.