Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 321 biglami @ 09/01/09 07:23 AM
I just played NBA 2K9 over XBL with a friend of mine (I was the Celtics), and KG did 'that dunk' for me about 5 times in one game, went 14-18 with 30 something points and could not be stopped. My friend was the Hawks, so KG was dunking on Horford I think the whole time, maybe Josh Smith was on KPerk- not sure, it was hard for me to tell who was covering KG, but whoever it was got toasted.

So, if the only thing we have to complain about is an overathletic KG, then I think that Live is in the process of making huge improvements. For the record, I have not owned a Live game since 2002, but I think this year will change that.

# 322 iminurbase @ 09/01/09 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
So are you saying Jeff Van Gundy is better than Hubie Brown? What is really going on over at EA? LOL. Marvs OK, he's getting old. He was better at NBC. And kerr is flat out boring (although he knows the game he has no flava). But Hubie brown teaches a lot about the game, knows stats, and doesn't talk about unnecessary stuff like rumors and off the court issues. He just wants breaks down the game and he's a true bball head. Jeff van Gundy. LOL.
I do like Hubie too.

# 323 LB23 @ 09/01/09 12:02 PM
the abc crew are definitely the best commentators right now....there the most entertaining to listen to, with Breen saying. "BANG!" when there's a big shot, Mark Jackson saying stuff like, "You're better than that," and my favorite, "Mama there goes that man!!!" lol.....and jeff van gundy is always funny to listen to, when he always has problems with different rules and stuff....

# 324 Jamin23 @ 09/01/09 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
I do like Hubie too.
When is Steve's contract up?

# 325 Stumbleweed @ 09/01/09 12:18 PM
Does any one not like Hubie? He's like your grandpa if he was awesome and knew everything there is to know about basketball. He'd be hard to capture in a video game though... he's too organic for a video game, kinda like Van Gundy.

# 326 GSW @ 09/01/09 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
I actually think Hubie would be easy to portray in a video game. Just make sure he uses the term "Painted area" a lot, make hyperbolic references (i.e., claiming that there's a strong breeze when LeBron sprints by their table on a fast break) and acknowledge players he's coached (not as strongly as Doug Collins though ) and you'll be good
and call Drew Gooden "Dwight Gooden"

# 327 Stumbleweed @ 09/01/09 02:34 PM
My favorite part about Hubie outside of his overall awesomeness package is how glowing he gets when JR Smith gets hot and also plays smart -- he practically gushes over the dude. Just weird since most old school types frown on JR in general... that just always stands out to me when I hear Hubie do Nuggets games.

You're my dude, Hubie. LMAO @ Dwight Gooden.. Hubie rules.

# 328 Stumbleweed @ 09/01/09 02:37 PM
LOL at least he doesn't have to say "Sarunas Jasikevicius" anymore. That one was always borderline embarassing.

Also, I think Jeff Van Gundy mispronounces names as much as Hubie. He still calls Kleiza "Klee-eza" "Kly-za" "Klay-iza" and various other things (including the right pronunciation once or twice). Hilarious.

EDIT: The networks should just make sure that JVG and Hubie never do a Toronto Raptors game. My god.

# 329 KG @ 09/01/09 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I'm obviously alone in this, but coming from someone who really enjoyed Live 09, to me, Live 10 is looking more of the same. Herky jerky run and gun play, animations still seem pretty stiff, and the game just has no flow.

Shame too, hopefully the demo changes my feeling.
I wonder how much of this was due to the video quality like the dev said.
This is my biggest complaint about EA hoops games. I love the spacing and the off the ball stuff though.

# 330 VDusen04 @ 09/01/09 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Does any one not like Hubie? He's like your grandpa if he was awesome and knew everything there is to know about basketball. He'd be hard to capture in a video game though... he's too organic for a video game, kinda like Van Gundy.
I wish Hubie would offer his voice to a more eclectic range of ventures. I'll say I would buy a lot more books on tape if instead of a boring monotone it was Hubie's voice just kind of summing things up in his signature slow, unraveling explainations the entire time.

# 331 Hova57 @ 09/01/09 04:54 PM
i still would like to see shots clang of back boards or off rim. and not just for made shots either

# 332 EvanRG @ 09/01/09 08:37 PM
I'm very open minded but NBA Live's player models just don't do anything for me... They all look 50 lbs skinnier and smaller.

# 333 bls @ 09/01/09 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
I'm very open minded but NBA Live's player models just don't do anything for me... They all look 50 lbs skinnier and smaller.
Guess that other game will do you just fine then right???

# 334 EvanRG @ 09/01/09 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Guess that other game will do you just fine then right???

Nope. Just a pet peeve. 2k has better player models, Live has a better playbook selection -- I can take my sides.

# 335 bls @ 09/01/09 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
Nope. Just a pet peeve. 2k has better player models, Live has a better playbook selection -- I can take my sides.
Nothing wrong with the best of both worlds.

# 336 SageInfinite @ 09/02/09 12:00 AM
I agree, so far this year Live has won the graphics battle. Can't believe I just said that

# 337 donkey33 @ 09/02/09 12:21 AM
Sick day Sept 10 coming up, lol.

# 338 magicman32 @ 09/02/09 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
I do like Hubie too.
Yeah hubie is the man. I was just giving you hard time in jest. Jeff Van Gundy is ok for the regular season games and some playoff games. IMO I think hubie should do the finals and more big playoff games. But mark jackson is the worst.

# 339 Playmakers @ 09/02/09 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
Nah, Live 09 played so much better out of the box than 2k9. Sliders tweaks were barely needed other than minor tweaks to adjust for player skill. Live 09 had awesome defensive rotations...check out czar's video about the defenses. People can cry about the animations and look of the game, but you can't argue that the gameplay in terms of AI playcalling and defense wasn't the best there is. This coming from a guy that played both games EXTENSIVELY
Uhhhhh no it didn't....

And i'm not a 2k9 lover, in fact i'm probably more of live fan boy than you give me credit for even though i pointed out some things in the video.

Doesn't mean I'm crying about the animations or the look of the game. The animations are fine IMO the best they've been in about 4 years and the graphics have always been pretty good. Having said that I do disagree about the defense....I'm not sure what game you played but Live 09's rotation defense/helpside defense wasn't very good without changing the sliders.

In fact if I had to compare that defense on default settings to a NBA players game today i'd say Steve Nash or Amare's defense closely resembled Live 09's defense out the box......

Again I'm not bashing the game because i'm one the guys that will most likely spend 1 million hours breaking it down. But BASED ON THE VIDEO there were somethings that stood out to me. They weren't game killers just things i happend to notice.

# 340 Playmakers @ 09/02/09 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
Yeah hubie is the man. I was just giving you hard time in jest. Jeff Van Gundy is ok for the regular season games and some playoff games. IMO I think hubie should do the finals and more big playoff games. But mark jackson is the worst.
Is this some kind of JOKE?

You got to be kidding me.....90 year old Hubie Brown can't even get the players name correct.

We are talking about a dude that thinks Jerry Stackhouse is still an elite scorer in this league...

If I needed a guy to talk about basic basketball fundementals than sure bring me Hubie Brown. Let him do a basketball fundementals video in Live.

But broadcasting a video game you have got to *&^* me.

I'd rather hear Mark Jackson's "Momma there goes that man" line a 1000 thousand times as opposed to hearing Hubie say "Now lets's talk about the defense, you see here Josh Smith (aka Josh Howard) of the Mavs failed to rotate when Anthony Wright (aka Antoine Wright) forced his man baseline."

I would have to check my rosters every game if Hubie Brown was calling the action because he'd screw up about 20 times per game on annoncing players correctly. But hey old Hubie's been at it for about 60 years and now he's got that Pat Summerall syndrome

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.