Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 tanner99 @ 08/29/09 02:37 AM
yeah my only problem was the rim sound and commentary. hopefully those will be a bit better at release.

# 122 Jamin23 @ 08/29/09 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grush5
WTF!!! da game is great but is it just me or da commentary is EXACtly like live 09
You can't really tell if it is the same commentary. You have heard 2 minutes worth of commentary. I think you should wait until the game comes out to see if the commentary is the same.

# 123 noshun @ 08/29/09 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I'm obviously alone in this, but coming from someone who really enjoyed Live 09, to me, Live 10 is looking more of the same. Herky jerky run and gun play, animations still seem pretty stiff, and the game just has no flow.

Shame too, hopefully the demo changes my feeling.
Youre not alone in this. While it looks a lot better than last year, I see a lot of twitchiness and poppiness in the animations though. I think this is due to all the animations being branchable..gives it a weird look to it at times.

I'll check out the demo when it drops.

# 124 23 @ 08/29/09 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
You can't really tell if it is the same commentary. You have heard 2 minutes worth of commentary. I think you should wait until the game comes out to see if the commentary is the same.
Thank You... too much jumping the gun

and Ex... Live wasnt a run and gun game last year, how can you say that?

# 125 Parasight @ 08/29/09 03:03 AM
Looking good. Not a fan of Pierce's exaggerated shot animation, but I could see why they made his shot like that. In fact, I often mess around during shootarounds pretending to shoot like Pierce.

The commentary was pretty bad though. A lot of dead air inbetween the action. They should use simple fillers like "And we're just under 3 minutes left in the quarter, with the Cavs leading by __".

Also, there's a lot of "Ginobilis" and "Varejaos" in NBA Live. There's a little too much dramatics in the game.

# 126 iminurbase @ 08/29/09 03:40 AM
The post basket camera cuts are continuous gameplay. You can turn them off if you like.

# 127 DaWolf @ 08/29/09 03:43 AM
Nice video. Maybe the one thing Ill be jealous about 2k10 if I play Live this year are the blocks.

# 128 iminurbase @ 08/29/09 03:47 AM
The commentary here wasn't great... but from playing the game I think this clip just got a little rough section. Overall the commentary is much better than last year, I promise.

# 129 iminurbase @ 08/29/09 03:50 AM
There are almost 10,000 lines of commentary. Each year you add more and try to replace old ones you hear a lot. Its impossible to make all new commentary every year.

# 130 tanner99 @ 08/29/09 04:02 AM
thats some good.... will there be that much repetition though? just like when the ball gets tipped in the vid?

# 131 23 @ 08/29/09 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
The commentary here wasn't great... but from playing the game I think this clip just got a little rough section. Overall the commentary is much better than last year, I promise.
I believe you... commentary has always been great in NBA Live.. and even the staunchest non supporter would admit that much.

# 132 J-Unit40 @ 08/29/09 04:23 AM
That's the best Live gameplay video I have seen. Nice improvements EA!

Keep it going. There were a couple of herky-jerky moments, but there was a lot of good in that video. Very smooth compared to Live 09 and previous versions.

For a guy who has bought 2K for the past 4 years, this year is going to be a close call. I'm interested to see some 2K gameplay videos to compare.

I love the battle between Live and 2K right now. Both teams are putting out quality products.

# 133 iminurbase @ 08/29/09 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Good to know.

Maybe you can't answer, but how do you get Steve Kerr to comment?

I mean, he's a GM...!

It's his job to keep his views on players very private...i.e play his cards close to his chest.

I presumed he'd quit the EA role once he became the Suns GM
Yeah, he tried to be careful and fair with his comments now that he's a GM. He has said some pretty hilarious stuff off the record though... Marv too. The stories these guys have are amazing.

# 134 PuntNL @ 08/29/09 06:18 AM
Is the game already gold? Or you guys still fine-tuning?

# 135 Jamesmaster @ 08/29/09 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
That's the best Live gameplay video I have seen. Nice improvements EA!

Keep it going. There were a couple of herky-jerky moments, but there was a lot of good in that video. Very smooth compared to Live 09 and previous versions.

For a guy who has bought 2K for the past 4 years, this year is going to be a close call. I'm interested to see some 2K gameplay videos to compare.

I love the battle between Live and 2K right now. Both teams are putting out quality products.
Same thoughts here. I preferred 2K in the past, but judging from the Live 10 videos, it might be a very hard choice this year. I've always been a fan of Live's dribble stick and it seems that dribbles are really great this year. And the animations and player models have improved alot.

# 136 bigboy75 @ 08/29/09 08:48 AM
Just got off of a cruise ship and what do I see????........Beautiful, seamless game footage such as this. I'm not sayin' that this game is as stunning to look at as a carribean sunset.......................but its close.

# 137 ecworldwide @ 08/29/09 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
This looked almost 100% like an authentic televised game. The AI taking advantage of vajario in the air.

But Paul Pierce does not always shoot off balance like that. Another reason why you guys should think about adding multiple types of shots, like leaners and side shots and regular pull ups.

Also this video didnt have the nets of the passing video.

We dont know what other shots they have so i wouldnt assume that Paul Pierce only has the shot. Also look at James first shoot it think that was different that his step back jumper if i am not mistaken.

# 138 inkpimp007 @ 08/29/09 09:02 AM
people keep saying James traveled, you guess need to look a lot closer. he takes to steps and there is a bump but no travel.

# 139 crm968 @ 08/29/09 09:23 AM
I think in the future you guys should get a whole commentary team. Like on ESPN games have stan and mark, and on ABC have two others, etc etc.

10,000 lines? that's awesome, i was getting a little worried about the commentary in that footage but since you mentioned it just hit a rough spot then i believe you. There hasn't been one time where I have heard you say something about the game and be wrong. I mean for pete's sake it is your game so why would you be wrong.

I am still going to play my games on superstar regardless of what difficulty that was.

# 140 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/29/09 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P21J
Maybe this is the commentary by default. They did say "Dynamic Commentary/ Storylines" would be added as the season/dynasty progressed right?
I thought that was only for 2k, not live.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.