Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

ESPN's Jon Robinson sees evidence of greatness in the upcoming NBA 2K10.

Quote:
"When the "NBA 2K10" producers announced that they were lowering the player ratings in their game across the board to better separate the superstars you cheer from the bench players doing all the cheering, all you have to do is look at Jerome James and his embarrassing 42 overall to know they weren't messing around. Other casualties of the ratings game include Adam Morrison (crashing hard to a 55 overall) and even former 2K Sports spokesman J.J. Redick, who despite showing some flashes in the postseason, drops to a 52.

But the change in attitude over the ratings isn't the only aspect 2K Sports was looking to adjust, as in speaking to the game designers, they look back to "NBA 2K7" as still being the best in franchise history. "When fans talk about 'NBA 2K,' they always go back to '2K7,'" says producer Rob Jones. "After they see what we've done with 'NBA 2K10,' they won't need to talk about any of our older games. '2K10' is going to be the game everyone talks about from now on."

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Pared @ 08/31/09 09:37 PM
Damn now that is how you do it! Jon Robinson is the man! He did Jerome, Adam and J.J. dirtyyyyyyyyy!

Love seeing someone finally touch upon the defense rotations. I'm sure that will alleviate some fears for those out there.

# 62 Pared @ 08/31/09 09:44 PM
Quote:
For gamers looking to take control of their favorite team and make sure they don't select back-to-back point guards in the first round of the draft, there is Association mode. Here you play the role of GM, and for the ultimate control freaks out there, new this year is the ability to actually control all 30 teams at the same time. If you thought Danny Ainge was a busy man, try running the whole league.
But that's not the only addition: Fans will be able to create and customize the entire draft class, giving them the ability to rename players and customize everything from the look to the player ratings. This gives gamers the ability to create their own Michael Jordan and enter him back in the league as if he just left North Carolina. Or you can look ahead and build out future classes to keep your franchise up to date as you move on through the years. The choice is finally up to you.
I didn't see anyone touch upon this... this is huge for some of you guys.

# 63 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/31/09 09:51 PM
that's it, it's two 2K games for me this, NBA2k is now NBA game I;m buying, I was going with LIVE, and yes LIVE does look good this year, but with EA not releasing any Franchise info and 2k giving info, I'm all over 2k10 this year, along with NHL2k10 too.

# 64 Jamin23 @ 08/31/09 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Is it October yet?

Wait is going to be brutal.
Especially when 2k really starts throwing the info at us and than you have ea doing their thing, and just wait until the gameplay comes out. OMG!! I think my mind is going to explode.

# 65 demencia_total @ 08/31/09 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Love seeing someone finally touch upon the defense rotations. I'm sure that will alleviate some fears for those out there.
Let's just say that I can sleep better at night after reading that. I was seriously considering not making a first day purchase if this wasn't addressed. Now I only need visual proof, and then I'll be having some really sweet dreams .

# 66 STLRams @ 08/31/09 10:23 PM
If the A.I. plays as intelligent as advertised,
The 82games.com roster implementation is realistic
and the Presentation is as great or greater than 2K9....

Im sorry NBALive or any other basketball game doesn't have a chance to compete with NBA2K10. It may be the greatest bball game ever. A true authenic representation of the NBA. I was playing NBA2K9 earlier with a friend and we both commentated on how great the presentaion is with the end of the quarter highlights and the announcers talking about something a team or certain player is doing and showing highlights during the conversation. If 2K10 still has this, plus all the other new things that are supposed to be added/improved, and heck maybe even a full halftime show also. Its a wrap, NBA2K10 will be hands down the best Basketball game ever. Maybe sports game of the year passing up MLB 09 The Show...

# 67 Ty @ 08/31/09 10:27 PM
Sounds amazing, can't wait to see some video.

# 68 Eddie1967 @ 08/31/09 11:07 PM
WOW, this game is sounding unbelievable. 9,000 new animations? I can't wait to get my hands on this game.

# 69 Crossover1 @ 08/31/09 11:22 PM
AI is my favorite player and I hate the "Practice?!?!?!" slang being used all the time because its becoming stale, but I do have to admit that it got me off guard lol:

Practices have also been added in Association so now you can finally take your team to Allen Iverson's favorite place … the practice court.

# 70 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/31/09 11:35 PM
- Improved defense rotation, CHECK!
- More authentic player movements, CHECK!
- My player mode, CHECK!
- Deep association mode, CHECK!
- Summer league, D-League, CHECK!
- PRACTICE, CHECK!
- Online crews, CHECK! (REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS ONE!)
- Awesome postmoves, CHECK!
- Create, customize draft classes, CHECk!

Seriously, this is the most complete basketball game thus far! What else could you want? Man, I'm stoked!

# 71 crm968 @ 08/31/09 11:56 PM
I'm with you on the mind going crazy because one game shows this and then the other backfires with something else. They both have it backwards right now though, One has shown gameplay and the other hasn't. And then the other talked about the features and then the other hasn't. I think the other is waiting for the other one to unveil the rest so they can show theirs after and rain on their parade.

LMAO man that sounded confusing.

# 72 MelMan1486 @ 09/01/09 12:14 AM
Wow... this went from a first day purchase to a take a day off from work and be at the store right when it opens purchase.

# 73 Greene_Flash03 @ 09/01/09 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMan1486
Wow... this went from a first day purchase to a take a day off from work and be at the store right when it opens purchase.
hahahahahaahah yes.!

# 74 LG Money @ 09/01/09 01:32 AM
^^
I Cant wait either and for a PS3 user Im still waiting for da draft combine.

# 75 youvalss @ 09/01/09 01:34 AM
Can't wait for the PC version!

# 76 NINJAK2 @ 09/01/09 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
This sounds good, and I trust Jon Robinson a lot more than most other sports game reviewers. I was happy that he mentioned how nice the halfcourt movement is.. too bad he didn't mention anything about the help defense really, since that was the primary concern Chase voiced on the build he played. Glad to see a very positive review on a more recent build though. Wait and see, wait and see.
"The build was dated Wednesday, Aug. 26, and I was amazed at how everything from the player spacing to the defensive rotations and the way inside shots are contested (virtual Dwight Howard, in particular, swatted virtual Pau Gasol back to Spain) was improved in the latest edition of the franchise. 2K Sports credits its relationship with 82games.com (a leading statistics and basketball analytics site) for helping producers further push everything from player tendencies to the proper positioning on court to help give "2K10" a more realistic feel. The game is now tracking 36 additional tendencies per player, breaking down not only how these players attack the basket, but how their teammates behave.

And the results are incredible."- Jon Robinson

Take that for what it's worth Stumble

# 77 ffaacc03 @ 09/01/09 07:31 AM
At least by the things we have read and partially see with Draft Combine, we can detail some upgrades. Expanding from what Greene_Flash03******** type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2040114379", true); stated:

- Improved defense rotation, CHECK!
- More authentic player movements, CHECK!
- My player mode, CHECK!
- Deep association mode, CHECK!
- Summer league, D-League, CHECK!
- PRACTICE, CHECK!
- Online crews, CHECK! (REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS ONE!)
- Awesome postmoves, CHECK!
- Create, customize draft classes, CHECk!
- Improved Visual Presentation, CHECK!
- Improved Commentary, CHECK!
- Spacing, CHECK!
- More Individual specifcs and sense of personalities, CHECK!
- Better CAP, CHECK!
- Better individuals on court behaivor (tendencies), CHECK!
- Better ratings, CHECK!
- Lobbies and other online stuffs (includding perfomance), CHECK!
- Attention to details (like inbound passes & kicked balls), CHECK!

- Teams on court behaivor (coaches offensive & defensive style of play and real playbooks ... like live), UNCHECK !

All we need now is some videos to back some of this ...

# 78 tabulaRasa @ 09/01/09 09:09 AM
Sounds good! Nice with the ratings.

# 79 rspencer86 @ 09/01/09 09:12 AM
This game is sounding incredible. Between 2K10 and Madden I'm going to be doing a lot of sports gaming this fall/winter.

# 80 greenegt @ 09/01/09 09:19 AM
I am just drooling over here! It sounds like the game is going to have a TON of depth to it. I love the lengths 2K went to differentiate players, this year. I can't wait to see some gameplay footage and give the demo a spin.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.