NBA Live 10 News Post

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 Beluba @ 09/04/09 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Does removing animations such as that windmill give you more leverage or does it take up the same amount of space?
It's complicated. But the short answer is no. Removing that animation (which is a simple change) doesn't mean we can add a new one in its place for free.

# 242 pepp32 @ 09/04/09 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
There's no real rule. And it's not that we can't patch animations, it's just that animation related changes take a lot more space than code, so it eats into our patch size budget much quicker. Obviously big feature additions or new modes are out of scope for a patch but pretty much everything else is fair game. Also we have to account for knock on bugs. Often times attempting to fix one problem introduces another one, or several. So we always have to weigh the risk reward with any potential patch fixes.
Intresting.....well, here's to hoping very little patching is needed.

When will we see some variety in layup and dunk animations....or are you keeping somethings under wraps for that WoW moment factor?

# 243 23 @ 09/04/09 02:28 AM
Quote:
It's complicated. But the short answer is no. Removing that animation (which is a simple change) doesn't mean we can add a new one in its place for free.
Gotcha... seemed to be the case in my mind but its good to hear from someone who does the work.

# 244 KChow21 @ 09/04/09 02:55 AM
Quote:
Well... there goes the dream for DLC Coach changes (i.e Sam Mitchel replaced by Jay Triano)

# 245 zakarias @ 09/04/09 08:48 AM
What about recorded videos Mike promised last week??

# 246 HeavenlyTouch @ 09/04/09 08:52 AM
I don't think it's necessary to remove the windmill as long as it's only assigned to certain players and pulled off in certain situations.

For example, Blake Griffin regularly pulls off wind mills on the fast break (at least at the collegiate level).

What bothered me with past basketball games is seeing LeBron pull off a wind mill dunk in traffic with 3-4 defenders around him.

It's a nice dunk to have, but only if it's pulled off by specific players in unique situations.

# 247 23 @ 09/04/09 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakarias
What about recorded videos Mike promised last week??
I think all of those teams are in this video here in this thread sir

# 248 navyboy09 @ 09/04/09 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyboy09
Hey beluba i have a question about the freestyle passing...

If we are on a fastbreak and we have a teammate trailing right behind us is there a way to do the freestyle pass between the legs right to the teammate and he finish with the dunk?
beluba or steph can u answer this for me. Will we be able to do passes between the legs?

Not that i want the game to become and1ish but nash does this often on a fastbreak and i think it would be nice to have in the game.

If not then its no biggie. Im still going to enjoy the game.

# 249 zakarias @ 09/04/09 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I think all of those teams are in this video here in this thread sir
so...we wonīt see more gameplay vids like the Celtics-Cavs before demo??

# 250 23 @ 09/04/09 12:37 PM
Yeah man we havent even seen Czar's videos yet... we should get a blog today though, although im not sure what its about

# 251 Jamin23 @ 09/04/09 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Yeah man we havent even seen Czar's videos yet... we should get a blog today though, although im not sure what its about
I think it's about shooting.

# 252 krazyboy225 @ 09/04/09 12:38 PM
Quote:
so...we wonīt see more gameplay vids like the Celtics-Cavs before demo??
Wait for blog

# 253 krazyboy225 @ 09/04/09 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Mike said its about shooting

# 254 23 @ 09/04/09 12:41 PM
Shooting.... interesting

The controls have changed so it should be fun... Cant wait to see an adjusted layup shot, how Stephenson maneuvered LeBron around KG on that video, and how some other J's look : )

# 255 Stumbleweed @ 09/04/09 12:45 PM
Agreed, I'm so interested in all these new control dynamics. Love that they were able to give us so many options (passing, off-ball control, shooting) thanks to opening up the B button and keeping all dribble moves on the RS. I really like the way the control system is shaping up... well thought-out.

# 256 zakarias @ 09/04/09 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I canīt wait.

Iīve played 2k series for the last 6 years but this Live looks so improved and great!

Dont you think this game shows the best arena recreation (and camera angle) ever seen in a basketball game?

# 257 23 @ 09/04/09 01:16 PM
The entire arena thing is awesome man. The depth of them reminds me of old Live's... the cam they had made you feel like you were in the arena more than anything

# 258 zakarias @ 09/04/09 01:29 PM

# 259 Jamin23 @ 09/04/09 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
The entire arena thing is awesome man. The depth of them reminds me of old Live's... the cam they had made you feel like you were in the arena more than anything
Just the lighting alone can make you feel like you are there, but to add the arena sounds and other things that make the arenas different take that to a whole other level. EA is really bringing it in terms of the arenas and that is really needed in both NHL and Live.

# 260 Stumbleweed @ 09/04/09 02:38 PM
Quote:
Seriously, it's ridiculous how nice this game looks. I want to buy a nicer TV and receiver to take advantage of it, but then I'd need an HDMI-enabled 360 too.. haha, not spending $1200 on Live, but I would if I could. The court dimensions, lighting, and player size are absolutely spot-on.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.