Home
NHL 2K10 News Post

Looks like no demo for NHL 2K10.

Quote:
"The team has been hard at work rebuilding the NHL 2K franchise from the ground up. Because we’ve poured every resource we have into this game, we made a strategic decision not to release a demo."

Game: NHL 2K10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 MizzouRah @ 09/04/09 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
The word great is subjective. What's great for me may suck for someone else, so you have to realize that I'm just talking about what I like. I know none of us have played NHL 2K10 but those videos look very good to me and since I am a huge fan of presentation I know I won't be disappointed.

As far as not having a demo, for me it's no big deal because up until last year playing them rarely crossed my mind. I know for others it's a huge thing especially when it comes to spending your hard earned money, you want something you can put your hands on that will tell you whether it's worth buying or not. I'm not rich but I will blow money here and there just to try things out. Heck I'm liable to change my mind about NHL10 despite what I think about the demo.
I hear ya... there is a game called NCAA Football that I've bought before without playing a demo.. but nowdays I like to at least play a bit of a demo to get a feel for the game.

# 102 Eddie1967 @ 09/04/09 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I hear ya... there is a game called NCAA Football that I've bought before without playing a demo.. but nowdays I like to at least play a bit of a demo to get a feel for the game.
Yeah, demos play a role for sure. I'm lucky enough to live near 3 rental places that always seem to have the popular games in stock, so I tend to rent prior to buying some games. But It certainly isn't cheap and if you forget to take it back on time you end of paying the price of a new game anyway. There are pros and cons for everything we do it seems.

# 103 Eddie1967 @ 09/04/09 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Eddie; I would just let them talk, be the bigger person. They are trying to get you are fired up. Just let them speak their peace. Even if it is against you a mod will take care of that.
Well things seem to have calmed down for right now. At least until someone pisses me off again. Seriously I think it's all good, these forums are a great outlet from the real world even if I get beat over the head every now and then. I'm having a blast and 2k hockey is right around the corner. Thanks for having my back Scott.

# 104 Flyermania @ 09/04/09 12:26 PM
Quote:
Eddie; I would just let them talk, be the bigger person. They are trying to get you are fired up. Just let them speak their peace. Even if it is against you a mod will take care of that.
Scott, why even bother posting this? To rile things up again? Let it friggin' go.

# 105 Eddie1967 @ 09/04/09 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
Scott, why even bother posting this? To rile things up again? Let it friggin' go.
Yeah Scott, stop causing trouble. I even took away my inflammatory signature to make peace with the forum.

# 106 Eddie1967 @ 09/04/09 01:05 PM
Quote:
I think everybody needs to stop, myself in included. It is getting old. The attcking is old and I think we all need to act our age. If you think not that is fine too.
I agree Scott. The healing here has already begun. What did you think about the second video of 2k hockey.

# 107 Flyermania @ 09/04/09 02:20 PM
Quote:
What I love is the faceoffs. When they show that up close camera and they zoom in on the back of the player's jersey. That looks so real. The numbers seem to be the right size this year too. Can't wait for Friday. I love what I am seeing.

Very good point on the numbers...the size was off the past few years, but they fixed it in 2k10 and the jerseys look good. I can't say enough how much they have improved this game visually over 2k9.

# 108 Eddie1967 @ 09/04/09 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I'm impressed with the tons of incidental animations that happen as players are setting up to faceoff, or when one player bumps another, etc. Like you said, it looks real, and gives the game an incredible amount of authenticity and character.
Great observations. This game definitely looks authentic, I'm looking forward to having this in my hands in a week or so. The animations have always been top notch IMO but they looked to have improved a lot this year.

# 109 JimmyDeicide @ 09/08/09 02:09 PM
I would say im more of a 2k fan and even i have Eddie on ignore but it doesnt help when you lot keep quoting him.
Back to the action

# 110 lockjaw333 @ 09/08/09 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
The shoulder padding is too small is what looks off. It almost looks like the players don't have padding at all under their jersey. Minor nitpick in the end though.

I also think there's something funky with the jersey numbers. Someone on 2khockey pointed it out that between play, the jersey numbers look large and normal, but during the play they low-res them or something and they get skinny and strange.

I think the legs look really awesome and are proportioned right, but the uper bodies do look kinda off, don't know why. I don't think either game has nailed the skater proportions, although EA's goalies are borderline perfect in proportions and model.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.