Home
NHL 2K10 News Post

2KHockey.net has posted a 14 minute gameplay video from NHL 2K10.

Quote:
"2KHockey.net is humbled and excited to give you an exclusive first look at a teaser trailer full game of raw NHL 2K10 gameplay, played with custom sliders for all you sim hockey fans out there. Here is the first period of action (14:31).

** PLEASE NOTE **
Due to some issues with our Flash streaming this afternoon, I am posting the raw video file. So this is a hi-res WMV and is a very large download, but we’ll have some additional streaming & download options available tonight.

Stay tuned for more footage after the first intermission…"

Game: NHL 2K10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 TIm @ 09/08/09 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I am from the bay area. But there were hippies here. I am too young for that though. So I have no idea what you just said. But that is cool too. I like not being able to understand you. And Tim right back at you bro! You and Daflyboy are the new Scott and Eddie congrats and I hope you are happy with each other ad much as I am happy with Eddie. Back on topic. I like hip checks. They look really sweet.
Shi@ yeah we are!!! Anyways, did anyone see the vid someone made at 2khockey.net as far as annimations go. Someone took the vid and slowed it down. Showcased the annimations... It was really cool to see.. I just wish they would get new announcing. Hopefully we get someothing new today.

# 102 Eddie1967 @ 09/08/09 06:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feTzXZ9uOzw

Here's the link. Check out those beautiful animations. VC did a wonderful job with this game. Can't wait to see on my T.V.

# 103 Eddie1967 @ 09/08/09 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
That's what I was referring to a few days ago when I posted that the incidental animations in 2K10 were second to none. Comparable to the difference between the quality and number of animations in APF 2K8 versus Madden. It's definitely one of the strengths of VC and its developers.

One thing though: the transition animations in 2K10 can be rough, and cause the player movement to look jumpy at times. Not near as bad as the MLB 2K series, but noticeable nevertheless. EA's game is more successful in that department IMO.
Yeah I agree. I do believe I saw some pinning in that video. Should please the one's who haven't seen any up until this point.

# 104 Eddie1967 @ 09/08/09 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Wow, that word "classic" DOES get thrown around a bit too liberally. I think of the Marx Bros., WC Fields and the 3 Stooges when I think of classic comedy.

Anyway, from what I've seen and read (and I've tried to stay away from the level of ad nauseaum), this has the potential to keep that "organic" feel despite any glitches and quirks there might be. Looking forward to the online play, especially with the sim guys.
I'm partial to Abbott and Costello myself.

I'll be playing on line myself. I guess someone will have to show me what sim play is. Just one more week to go.

# 105 HeroWorship @ 09/08/09 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
I agree with most of what you said, but I happen to like the announcing. The worst to me in any sport was NBA 2K9. Hopefully more folks will rent the game, because it's really the only way to know how much it has improved. You mentioned Blockbuster, but Hollywood video always has more copies of games to rent, at least in Northern Virginia.
Sadly in Western New York, your options are Family Video or Blockbuster.

But yeah, I might be too quick to judge the commentary. I've heard snippets, so when I do rent the game, I'll get a better feel for it. And yes, I do believe that even though there isn't a demo, people need to rent the game to get a better feel. For franchise, for the creative purposes, and for the Whalers uniforms.

The thing is, seeing how I barley know anyone in my area to play the NHL 2k series, I'll be able to get 2k10 anytime for rental.

# 106 Eddie1967 @ 09/08/09 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Yeah about 2 seconds worth that resulted in the pinned player throwing an a deliberate elbow to the face. Its there and I'm sure a better brand of sim sliders than what Cup (worse sim sliders ever there Cup) was using will make it more prevalent (I hope anyway) It is a bit disappointing to see that 2k's brand of board pinning is still a hold over from last gen though especially when you take into account all the attention paid to the other coincidental contact animations, most of which actually are fairly impressive as pointed out in that youtube clip.
I'm glad your seeing some positives Realm. Looks like everyone will have some great choices in a little over a week.

# 107 Eddie1967 @ 09/08/09 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Eh I give credit where its due is all. The game visually is much improved, the incidental contact animations like I said are pretty well done and its pretty obvious the offensive CPU AI got a bit of love as well. I just really wish we had gotten a demo with unlocked sliders to be able to test things out for ourselves, because those videos leave alot of unanswered questions and some head shaking on design decisions. (that one handed puck handling for example is just flat out bad looking as is all the goalie puck suction) But like I've said if sliders really do work effectively this year it should at least play a solid game. I have a feeling I'm going to perfer NHL 10 but I'm at least going to give 2k a shot to impress like I do every year.
Yeah the one handed puck handling does look a bit odd and is overdone. One thing the demo would have provided is a much clearer view of what we are seeing. Most of the videos provided have been of very poor quality.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.