03:47 PM - September 3, 2009 by Steve_OS
Play Against Cassel, Lewis, Umenyiora, Westbrook and Witten in Quick Hit Football
FOXBORO, MA – September 2, 2009 – Quick Hit, Inc. (“Quick Hit”), a leading developer and publisher of premium, free-to-play online sports games, today announced its five “Starters” for the 2009 Quick Hit Football™ season. The National Football League superstars include:
• Matt Cassel – Quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs
• Ray Lewis – Linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens
• Osi Umenyiora – Defensive End for the New York Giants
• Brian Westbrook – Running Back for the Philadelphia Eagles
• Jason Witten – Tight End for the Dallas Cowboys
As Starters, these five NFL stand-outs will be prominently featured in the single player version of the game and throughout the website. Each Starter will have a key role on one of the Head Coach teams this season, including teams led by Bill Cowher, Brian Billick, Jimmy Johnson, Dan Reeves and Tom Landry. Fans will see, for example, the incomparable Ray Lewis reunited under the expert leadership of Coach Billick, and get a chance to experience his bone-crushing tackles first-hand in a free-to-play, online football game.
“Our 2009 Starters are some of the premier players in the NFL and give even more authenticity to Quick Hit Football,” said Jeffrey Anderson, founder and CEO of Quick Hit. “We’re excited to offer fans the chance to play against these elite players - whether it’s trying to stop Umenyiora’s pass rush or Westbrook’s power sweep.”
Fans will be able to play against Quick Hit Football’s 2009 Starters in single-player mode:
• Matt Cassel – He burst into the NFL as the New England Patriots’ starting Quarterback last season, leading them to an impressive 11-5 record while passing for 21 TDs and 3,693 yards. He’s only the fifth player to have back-to-back 400-yard passing games.
• Ray Lewis – One of the league’s premier Linebackers, Lewis is a 10-time Pro Bowler, eight-time AP All-Pro, two-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year, and the MVP of Super Bowl XXXV. The Ravens’ franchise leader with 2,182 career tackles (1,451 solo), he has posted 33.5 sacks, 28 INTs, 102 PD, and 14 fumble recoveries in his career.
• Osi Umenyiora – The only member of the Super Bowl-champion Giants selected to the Pro Bowl, Umenyiora is undoubtedly one of the NFL’s best Defensive Ends. In his short but remarkable career, he has already recorded an impressive 238 tackles (164 solo), 41.5 sacks, 9 passes defended, 14 forced fumbles and 8 fumble recoveries.
• Brian Westbrook – Called “the ultimate weapon” by his teammates, Westbrook is the only active NFL player with 20-or-more TDs in both rushing and receiving (27 rush, 23 rec). He has 66 career TDs and has rushed for more than 5,700 yards. Since 2003, no other Running Back has had more receiving yards or a better yard per touch average.
• Jason Witten – Widely regarded as one of the top Tight Ends in the NFL, Witten is a three-time Pro Bowl selection and the first Cowboys’ Tight End (and just the 10th in NFL history) with more than 60 catches in three consecutive seasons and he even holds the team record with 87 catches in 2004.
Quick Hit Football is a free, authentic football coaching game that doesn’t require a credit card or massive download. Unlike twitch-style games, Quick Hit Football offers a persistent season that lets fans build a football dynasty by earning fantasy points with every game. Fans turn their rookies into professionals, improving their rank, and boosting their players’ levels in a quest to become the top-ranked Coach of the virtual gridiron.
ABOUT QUICK HIT
Headquartered in the shadow of the world-famous Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Massachusetts, Quick Hit, Inc. is developing premium, free-to-play, online sports games and entertainment for a global audience. Quick Hit’s products fill a massive void in the sports industry by offering head-to-head competitions that combine a rich graphical environment, the accessibility of Adobe® Flash®, and the wide appeal of fantasy sports. Its first title, Quick Hit Football™, is scheduled to be released during the 2009 football season. For more information, visit www.quickhit.com.