Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

2K Sports have posted another NBA Developer Insights. This one focuses on NBA 2K10 audio.

Quote:
"Custom arena music is in:
I know a lot of you have been asking us for this and NBA 2K10 delivers. For the first time, you can import your personal music and have it played through the PA system on your XBOX 360 . I haven’t been able to touch on every new audio feature that we have in store for you. Hopefully, you’re as excited about the new features as we are here at 2K. We’re working hard to break some new ground in sports game audio, but I think we’re just starting to scratch the surface of what’s possible. Enjoy!"

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 seanbarkley @ 09/03/09 06:54 PM
i have a dilemma: do i sell my PS3?? or do i switch to Live?? still no idea...

# 22 noshun @ 09/03/09 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizer17
I'm getting really annoyed at the ps3 getting the shaft by 2k this year. I mean first we have to wait an entire week for the combine and now this! What's next?!?!

I hate when people post this, you are so misinformed. 2k didnt screw PS3... Sony did. All 2k did was release the DC to both companies. Microsoft and Sony decided when each would be available on their respective systems.

# 23 shindiana @ 09/03/09 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizer17
I'm getting really annoyed at the ps3 getting the shaft by 2k this year. I mean first we have to wait an entire week for the combine and now this! What's next?!?!
Same here.
I love their games but sometimes there's a part of me wishing that EA deliver a better product so I won't have to buy 2K.
If you're outside the States and a PS3 user you have to feel scr$wed by 2K...

# 24 CoHouse2814 @ 09/03/09 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
I hate when people post this, you are so misinformed. 2k didnt screw PS3... Sony did. All 2k did was release the DC to both companies. Microsoft and Sony decided when each would be available on their respective systems.
yeah stop blaming 2k or any software developers. look at sony or microsoft for whats not included.

im guessing this custom music is SONY fault as well. come on people you are better than that.

# 25 Shakedowncapo @ 09/03/09 06:58 PM
The Combine stuff, 2K has no control. But not to have custom music in the PS3 version, when its FULLY capable blows my mind. Huge oversight for the people who enjoy doing that stuff.

# 26 shindiana @ 09/03/09 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Please refer to the post above yours.
Yep, I saw them after I wrote my post.
Whoever fault is it, I'm still kind of frustrated at the end of the day.

# 27 seanbarkley @ 09/03/09 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
yeah stop blaming 2k or any software developers. look at sony or microsoft for whats not included.

im guessing this custom music is SONY fault as well. come on people you are better than that.
u r guessing wrong. there're a lot of ps3 games which allow ingame music from your hard drive.

# 28 bigeastbumrush @ 09/03/09 07:05 PM
Quote:
Other bits of information are included recognizing a player’s recent performance such as Lebron James coming off a 38 point game against Denver, or the fact that Dwight Howard had an off-night in Orlando’s loss to the Celtics in the previous game.
^^Nice.

PS3ers get shafted again. Why do we always have to suffer?

# 29 malky @ 09/03/09 07:06 PM
During breaks in the action, Kevin and Clark will go Around the League and provide scoring updates from the NBA

FINALLY! Scores from around the league while playing your game. This is setting up to be the NFL2K5 of basketball, keeping my fingers crossed.

# 30 ProfessaPackMan @ 09/03/09 07:07 PM
Expect to hear alot of Jay-z being played in NJ and Wale/Gogo Music DC.

I hope we can assign custom arena songs for certain players on here too.

# 31 CoHouse2814 @ 09/03/09 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
u r guessing wrong. there're a lot of ps3 games which allow ingame music from your hard drive.
are u saying while your playing the game u can hear music or the music is integrated in the background cause those are two different things.

what this sounding like is that you can import music in the background of 2k10 on the 360 and let be heard in stadiums

what game on the ps3 allows intergrated music in the background?

# 32 noshun @ 09/03/09 07:11 PM
As far as the Draft Combine, released dates at in Microsoft and Sony's hand. As far as being released in Europe that was 2k's call which was explained to you, and can be looked up as to why and its partially M$ofts fault for that part of it.

I want to get back on topic with thie insight.. good to hear they have fixed commentary, broguht over MLB comentary engine and adjusted it for NBA 2k10 and beyond.

I am hoping this other audio this as far as custom sounds in that its sharable thru Player Locker, which I am suspecting. I could be wrong though.

# 33 CoHouse2814 @ 09/03/09 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
Yes you can all you do is it the home button go to music select a folder and music plays.

Killzone, Wipeout HD, Pixel Junk Eden, Burnout paradise the list goes on
well thats not in the background then, its in the foreground. so you just playing music but other sounds are being used as well. my friend has midnight club LA and he can play music but its not intergrated. he can play lil wayne but you can still hear Young jeezy PUT ON

i think this custom music is integrated into 2k10 where no other stadium music will play and thats makes the difference. and maybe sony doesnt allow that feature

# 34 Goffs @ 09/03/09 07:18 PM
Kind of a weak write up really..I wanted to know if they did any sound effects after missing a free throw and will it be stadium specific?

# 35 seanbarkley @ 09/03/09 07:23 PM
Quote:
are u saying while your playing the game u can hear music or the music is integrated in the background cause those are two different things.

what this sounding like is that you can import music in the background of 2k10 on the 360 and let be heard in stadiums

what game on the ps3 allows intergrated music in the background?
i'm talking about integrated music in the background of the game. do you want examples?? here u have some:
Burnout Paradise
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009
Shaun White Snowboarding
Little Big Planet
Street Fighter 4
Warhawk
The Godfather II

# 36 CoHouse2814 @ 09/03/09 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
No you don't know what you're talking about, you have an option to do both. So stop with your guessing game. You don't know what you're talking about. The Show has this as well You can play the game with your own intergrated music. Just stop dude just stop.
well i dont play THE SHOW(baseball is wack IMO) but sony makes that game so they can use whatever they want and limit other sports game to have it. you be foolish to believe that 2k developers said "you know what we gone give 360 custom music, and leave ps3 under the bus and tell the community sorry"

there is somethin behind the scene and i guarantee its on sony part

# 37 barrist @ 09/03/09 07:28 PM
Quote:
well i dont play THE SHOW(baseball is wack IMO) but sony makes that game so they can use whatever they want and limit other sports game to have it. you be foolish to believe that 2k developers said "you know what we gone give 360 custom music, and leave ps3 under the bus and tell the community sorry"

there is somethin behind the scene and i guarantee its on sony part
or laziness on 2k's part

# 38 seanbarkley @ 09/03/09 07:29 PM
Quote:
well thats not in the background then, its in the foreground. so you just playing music but other sounds are being used as well. my friend has midnight club LA and he can play music but its not intergrated. he can play lil wayne but you can still hear Young jeezy PUT ON

i think this custom music is integrated into 2k10 where no other stadium music will play and thats makes the difference. and maybe sony doesnt allow that feature
In Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 you can create a folder in your hard drive with all the mp3 you want and import them later into the game to add new songs to the game soundtrack, add chants to the crowd and the like.

# 39 CoHouse2814 @ 09/03/09 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
i'm talking about integrated music in the background of the game. do you want examples?? here u have some:
Burnout Paradise
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009
Shaun White Snowboarding
Little Big Planet
Street Fighter 4
Warhawk
The Godfather II
well backbreaker mention burnout and the way he describe it was that you hit the home button and basically select your music and it plays....now does the in-game music still plays or you have to put audio at 0 or does it completely turn off. BTW in case you havent figured it out i have 360 so yes im slow on what the ps3 can do

# 40 barrist @ 09/03/09 07:32 PM
Quote:
well backbreaker mention burnout and the way he describe it was that you hit the home button and basically select your music and it plays....now does the in-game music still plays or you have to put audio at 0 or does it completely turn off. BTW in case you havent figured it out i have 360 so yes im slow on what the ps3 can do
so why are you arguing against ps3 users that have probably played alot more ps3 games than you?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.