Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

EA has posted another NBA Live 10 blog. This one covers, shooting the rock. Screenshots and 10 minute gameplay video included.

Quote:
"Hi again Live fans. Well, this is the last gameplay blog you guys will see before the NBA Live 10 demo hits PSN and XBL next week. I’m really looking forward to seeing all your homemade videos and reading your feedback. Keep in mind that the demo isn’t final code, so it’s really just a taste of what you’ll see in the full game. Take my word for it, one of the real strengths of Live this year is playing with and against all the different players and teams, which unfortunately, you won’t be able to do in the demo. But I’ll let Novell speak in more detail on just how deep the AI upgrade was this year and how we took player/team differentiation to the next level with Dynamic DNA. I know you sim-heads out there are gonna love it, so expect that blog in the near future.

But with the demo coming soon, we thought it would be good to give you one more tutorial to help you hit the ground running with some of the new gameplay mechanics. And today we’ll talk about everybody’s favorite subject: shooting the basketball."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 381 23 @ 09/07/09 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I don't know how some of you guys going to have time for FIFA or The Show or any other sports game. If you throw in NCAA Basketball, there already isn't going to be enough time for hoops as it is.
I'll only be playing basketball games. That should tie up a good 6 months or more. If it last me all year this time thats even better... thats when I'll dip into the games like MUA and uncharted...but my primary gaming is usually basketball

From the looks and sounds of this game It will get lots of burn in my 360/ps3

# 382 TreyIM2 @ 09/07/09 10:08 PM
All I know is that I am FIENIN' for that Live 10 demo to drop on Thurs. but Pasta had posted last week that the demo ISN'T gunna be dropped for the PS3 this Thurs. but NEXT Thurs. He scared me with that because I know he has closer ties with the devs and such but Mike Wang not only said it during his last podcast that BOTH systems are getting it THIS Thurs, but he also posted it in the Shooting the Rock blog. I would rather so believe Mike. I mean, he is ONLY the lead designer of Live 10. Lol...

I really think the level of control could be the biggest thing to separate this game from 2K10...as well as DNA/365. And didn't Mike and and Marcus say something about how they couldn't spill the beans about something "top secret" in regards to DNA/365? They may have a smokin' ace up their sleeves with that...if that is the case.

I wanna see what 2K10 does as well but the game doesn't sound as interesting but it looks like they really did a good job with skin textures. Some of the other things mentioned have my eyebrow partially raised but I need vids and/or the demo because it seems like mostly the same game as last year, which I really dug, but level of control will be an issue. Maybe that demo will drop on Thurs, as well.

Oh, as for the nitpicking and flaming in regards to both NBA game's demos after they drop? Goodluck with that, 23. Lol. It's already off the hook, now and I can agree that Live 10 already looks and sounds like it will get a ton of burn in my PS3, as well.

# 383 Jonesy @ 09/07/09 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I'll only be playing basketball games. That should tie up a good 6 months or more. If it last me all year this time thats even better... thats when I'll dip into the games like MUA and uncharted...but my primary gaming is usually basketball

From the looks and sounds of this game It will get lots of burn in my 360/ps3
Same for me. I'll dabble with the other big titles like fallout, GTA, Uncharted, GOW3 etc but over 90% of my gaming time is spent with basketball games.

I think so far by the looks of it with Live's advanced control's and realistic playbooks i'll probably be using it for my chise and maybe some online play and i'll be using nba 2k10 for 'my player' and maybe another franchise down the track.

# 384 FlyRice @ 09/07/09 11:49 PM
Mike, a couple questions regarding shot control:

1. Will we be able to adjust our shot while in the air?

2. Will we have any control over the type of dunk that we want to do? For example can I choose between a normal and reverse dunk?

# 385 23 @ 09/07/09 11:58 PM
1. yes

2. i have no clue

# 386 FlyRice @ 09/08/09 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
1. yes

2. i have no clue
Thanks 23, hopefully we can get an answer on #2. How does it work BTW? just press the shot button again?

# 387 23 @ 09/08/09 12:07 AM
Good question btw

# 388 donkey33 @ 09/08/09 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy
Same for me. I'll dabble with the other big titles like fallout, GTA, Uncharted, GOW3 etc but over 90% of my gaming time is spent with basketball games.

I think so far by the looks of it with Live's advanced control's and realistic playbooks i'll probably be using it for my chise and maybe some online play and i'll be using nba 2k10 for 'my player' and maybe another franchise down the track.
I think that's how I'll also go initially. Franchise with Live and My Player with 2k10.

I'll only be balling too I think. All the other games I get just sit there and gather dust anyway.

# 389 23 @ 09/08/09 12:45 AM
You guys plan on playing the college game along with NBA Live or no?

# 390 jordankobewade7 @ 09/08/09 02:03 AM
i think ima go my player for 2k, n franchise for live also...but idk tho,live hasnt released much franchise/dynasty info,n 2k is proven...theyve got in-season extensions,10-day contracts,plus NBADL running alongside ur reg franchise team..somethin to consider.i knw im running 2franchises,one per game for this reason.probly one with the lakers n one with the bulls,my east/west teams...what do uguys think?

# 391 23 @ 09/08/09 02:16 AM
Sounds like you have a plan set up to keep you busy til the 2011 games... have fun man, and alot of it as this is the year we'll likely have the chance to enjoy both

# 392 jordankobewade7 @ 09/08/09 03:10 AM
yea i def will,i love getn both games as they each hav their own positives,but i think in the end live will reign supreme unless 2k can get somethin to rival synergy,which at this point seems impossible.
live has added so many little things this yr like shoes/tats that help make it authentic,but so has 2k with the roll the ball inbounds to save clock,or the kick ball call,which helps force the offense into late clock situations.when its all said n done 2k wont hav synergy,so i feel like ineed to buy both to get the best of both worlds lol.im just a basketball player/fan getn his fix lol

# 393 23 @ 09/08/09 03:13 AM
I hear you man and you're right...

Its been a long time since we got a balance in basketball games and I hope you're around in about 6-8 months from now to see how your theory proves out.

That said, yeah Im definitely ready to get my basketball fix on... Hoops is what its about

# 394 jordankobewade7 @ 09/08/09 03:19 AM
and yea ill def b playin till the 2011 titles drop at least cuz i still play CH2k7/8,man i wish they still made those...i doubt this will work or can b legally done,but thatd b sick if we could import the rosters off our CH legacy n make the jump frm CH2k8-nba2k10,im sure plenty would love to update the 2k share rosters to match this yr for CH2k8,so that we can get realistic drafts for a few extra yrs on nba 2k10,i know im not the only one who'd love this--new thread time!

# 395 23 @ 09/08/09 03:22 AM
Just make sure you start that thread in one of the 2k forums

We try to keep all the different game talk seperate in their own forums.

The NBA 2k forum might get you the most posts and interest on that topic so try it there first

Definitely want the college game to be able to import into the NBA game though either way

# 396 Joka2122 @ 09/08/09 03:47 PM
As a 2k fan, I will definitely play both games this year. Live has definitely got a good foundation with this game. It seems fresh and on a new level. Good competition for both games. One thing that I greatly appreciate with what Live has done was, taking out the dunk/shooting buttons and limited it to one button. It will definitely help with the transition between games. We will definitely see for ourselves how these games will play out. Can't wait. Good year for the BBall fans!

# 397 DW3 @ 09/08/09 07:04 PM
i cant wait till the demo drops thurs.

# 398 Pared @ 09/08/09 07:13 PM
Damn you're a bball fiend lilyo!

# 399 23 @ 09/09/09 04:19 AM
This tutorial still remains the best video of them all in my book for many reasons... fantastic job

# 400 Gmoney2002 @ 09/09/09 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
This tutorial still remains the best video of them all in my book for many reasons... fantastic job
Agreed 23...this tutorial has done more for my excitement for this game than any vid released so far.

Net/Rim/Ball interaction/animations, Shooting mechanics, smooth dunk/layup transistion animations all looking good in the hangar...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.