Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

EA has posted another NBA Live 10 blog. This one covers, shooting the rock. Screenshots and 10 minute gameplay video included.

Quote:
"Hi again Live fans. Well, this is the last gameplay blog you guys will see before the NBA Live 10 demo hits PSN and XBL next week. I’m really looking forward to seeing all your homemade videos and reading your feedback. Keep in mind that the demo isn’t final code, so it’s really just a taste of what you’ll see in the full game. Take my word for it, one of the real strengths of Live this year is playing with and against all the different players and teams, which unfortunately, you won’t be able to do in the demo. But I’ll let Novell speak in more detail on just how deep the AI upgrade was this year and how we took player/team differentiation to the next level with Dynamic DNA. I know you sim-heads out there are gonna love it, so expect that blog in the near future.

But with the demo coming soon, we thought it would be good to give you one more tutorial to help you hit the ground running with some of the new gameplay mechanics. And today we’ll talk about everybody’s favorite subject: shooting the basketball."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Pared @ 09/04/09 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Cmon fam. You can't put me in any category, you and some other cats well......
Yeah, not liked I raved about the game last year. Not like I was disappointed when the build I played didn't change much once I got the final copy.

Not like I'm holding off to play the game before I start posting "OMG this is seeeeeriious! Best baskitbawl game evaaaar"

That would actually make sense.

Let's cut this out. Again, if posts have to get deleted, including mine, they will.

# 122 Nephilim @ 09/04/09 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Whats funny is I own EA stock. I benefits me to promote the game and talk about how great it looks. I dont own 2k stock so it would benefit me to trash that game. But I guess I'm a 2k guy? With that in mind I'm buying both.
A lot of people hate where they work, but because it gets them money they still work... You just have different attitude when it comes to Live then 2k. Nothing wrong with that.

# 123 rckabillyRaider @ 09/04/09 03:46 PM
Imma have no problem at all dropping $120 for 2 great basketball games this year. Lookin forward to it.

# 124 aholbert32 @ 09/04/09 03:47 PM
None of you guys see anything wrong with that video? Really. ****, I think Mike would find something wrong and he works for EA. It looks good but a 10 minute video and you cant find one thing wrong? The best you can bring to the forum is "Mike has done it again" "Live is back!" "This game rocks!" and this is coming from members who have been here for years. Wow.

# 125 SageInfinite @ 09/04/09 03:48 PM
Pared, I aint even gon go there with you . Yall cats are funny. All I'm saying is whichever game you favor you're going to notice less flaws, just keep it real.

# 126 CoHouse2814 @ 09/04/09 03:48 PM
man basketball will be great this year from both titles. i wish football games can be like 2k and live, bring tears to my eyes just thinking about.

live fans will enjoy live 10
2k fans will enjoy 2k10

this is the year of the round ball

# 127 aholbert32 @ 09/04/09 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephilim
A lot of people hate where they work, but because it gets them money they still work... You just have different attitude when it comes to Live then 2k. Nothing wrong with that.
LOL. That doesnt even make sense. I'm losing money if you dont buy Live. If Live tanks its possible my stock value goes down. I get nothing if 2k does well.

# 128 NINJAK2 @ 09/04/09 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
This is a done deal! Live is back and in a strong and positive way! After watching that 10 minute video, anyone who speaks bad about these guys are jet moron's or just trying to be negative for no reason.

This is the most realistic looking NBA game I've ever seen!
Agreeing with you doesn't make them a genius just as disagreeing with you should not make them morons. Deal with people not seeing eye to eye with you who explain their reasons why with respect, not school yard insults.

Props to EA. Looking good. Game looks noticeably better than 09 from an animation standpoint. Looks as if that suction d is gone as well. Still need to do some work on those dunks imo-they still kind of fast forward into them and it doesn't always look fluid compared to the rest of the game that's been a problem in the series for a while(it has improved though).

# 129 crm968 @ 09/04/09 03:49 PM
The replay cam on the wade AND1 on the spurs is crazy. Man can you imagine an AND1 facial dunk in the fourth quarter of a playoff game in that angle? It would look crazy!

Great work EA i can't stress enough the strides that you guys have made this year.

# 130 navyboy09 @ 09/04/09 03:50 PM
I loved the video.

I loved how when tayshun prince made the layup and fell he threw his arm at the ref looking for a foul. Nice

I loved how ol buddy got poked in the eye and jogged down the court wiping his eye. NIce

I really loved my boy wade call the pick and roll then split it and finished with the dunk. If anybody watch basketball they would know thats him all the way to t T.

Im really feeling the overlay when it goes to a replay or show the stats.

Overall the game is looking like the best live ever.

# 131 Manbearpig @ 09/04/09 03:51 PM
its not there is nothing wrong with the vid, noone said that it was perfect so I dont know where you are seeing that, it just that the game gets so many MAJOR things right that it is just extremely impressive.

# 132 jrich730 @ 09/04/09 03:51 PM
Quote:
U dont have to keep your mouth shut. I wont. Yall looked at the video and saw the "greatest game ever?" Word? LOL. I guess it takes more for me to hand that title out. I havent even said that about any 2k or ID game. I wont say it about 2k10.

Also its getting to the point here where if anyone says something negative about the game, its a problem. They immediately become a ***** or a fanboy.
Everyone knows that nothing's perfect but it is an amazing improvement over what we have been getting lately. When gas prices drop everyone who drives is happy but they know it won't last. We know there is a good chance there will be a problem with the game but we won't know until we get the game, so why worry now. The whole fanboy thing only you really know if its the truth, if you make negative comments just to try and calm down the enthusiasim and and rain on the parade then that's what you are. Just my opinion i don't follow your post so i am not attacking you.

# 133 Pared @ 09/04/09 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Pared, I aint even gon go there with you . Yall cats are funny. All I'm saying is whichever game you favor you're going to notice less flaws, just keep it real.
I'm glad you can admit that. It's pretty evident here.

# 134 Stumbleweed @ 09/04/09 03:54 PM
Quote:
None of you guys see anything wrong with that video? Really. ****, I think Mike would find something wrong and he works for EA. It looks good but a 10 minute video and you cant find one thing wrong? The best you can bring to the forum is "Mike has done it again" "Live is back!" "This game rocks!" and this is coming from members who have been here for years. Wow.
I didn't really see anything glaring at all. I'll watch it again at home in full screen, but it was pretty damn nice to me. If those things you mentioned were about the extent of your complaints, then I don't know what to say. Elaborate if you want to, I think we're all adults here and can deal with some Live criticism ha... genuinely interested to see what you didn't like so I can go see if I see the same issues.

I didn't say "OMG this will be the best game ever" -- all I said is that I'm more excited for Live than I have been for a game in quite some time (probably NBA 2K8). If 2K actually showed us stuff, maybe I'd that excited for that game, but I'm starting to doubt that we'll even see a demo for 2K, which means no buy on release from me.

# 135 SageInfinite @ 09/04/09 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

# 136 GSW @ 09/04/09 03:55 PM
Quote:
Personally,

Yea, I could sit down and write up a list of 50+ things wrong witht he game play in that 10 mintue clip.

But it is ntohing that hasnt been in basketball games forever.

and its nothing that the competition isnt suffering from as well.

I would rather play a game that gives me control, then and a game that looks pretty but has no control.

thats just me.

But I am nto one to go into a thread and just start poitning out problems if I know they are issues in the other game I play as well....espeically when some of the problems will be fixed with the DNA updates.

just me though.

# 137 Manbearpig @ 09/04/09 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
, that Live vid shows the best representation of NBA basketball I have seen. Stop saying that we are saying that the vid was perfect. WE NEVER SAID THAT

# 138 GSW @ 09/04/09 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig
, that Live vid shows the best representation of NBA basketball I have seen. Stop saying that we are saying that the vid was perfect. WE NEVER SAID THAT
QFT

# 139 Pared @ 09/04/09 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig
I never posted that either. Let's cut this out, please.

# 140 HeavenlyTouch @ 09/04/09 04:00 PM
can you guys do something about this 56b problem? I'm writing up legitimate long posts and it erases my whole post and says some bs about 1 character error.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.