Home
Madden 2010 News Post

September 9, 2009 – This season marks the 50th season for the eight original American Football League (AFL) teams, and EA SPORTS is commemorating the celebration with the release of the AFL Legacy Pack game add-on for Madden NFL 10.

Available on September 24th, the comprehensive add-on brings the heritage of the AFL to Madden NFL 10 with all-new 1960’s-style presentation elements. Referees don the orange striped AFL uniforms, official AFL markings and logos decorate the field, and more – all while featuring a retro football card-like user interface and classic film grain broadcast camera.

The eight original AFL teams will be represented by name and wear their historic uniforms, including the Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs (as the Dallas Texans), New England Patriots (as the Boston Patriots), New York Jets (as the Titans of New York), Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers and Tennessee Titans (as the Houston Oilers).

The 15 AFL Legacy Game matchups during the 2009 NFL regular season will include the Legacy Pack presentation in the offline Franchise mode, as well as during the Play Now, and Superstar modes. Historic AFL uniforms can be selected in any mode – offline or online!

Relive some of the greatest moments in AFL history with all-new Madden Moments, which include additional Xbox 360 achievements and PS3 trophies.

The AFL Legacy Pack game add-on for Madden NFL 10 will be available on September 24th for 560 Microsoft Points and $6.99 on the PSN Store.

The award-winning Madden NFL 10, the highest rated version ever for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3, is in stores now.

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 321 Sausage @ 09/17/09 09:54 AM
1 more week can't wait for this pack. Never expected this kind of DLC for only like 7 bucks.

*1960’s-style presentation elements.

*Referees don the orange striped AFL uniforms (I love the fugly zebras)

*official AFL markings and logos decorate the field, and more – all while featuring a retro football card-like user interface and classic film grain broadcast camera (presentation, nice touch as well)

*The eight original AFL teams will be represented by name and wear (this is very cool)

*The 15 AFL Legacy Game matchups during the 2009 NFL regular season will include the Legacy Pack presentation in the offline Franchise mode (nice touch)

*Relive some of the greatest moments in AFL history with all-new Madden Moment (love Madden moments)

# 322 countryboy @ 09/17/09 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
1 more week can't wait for this pack. Never expected this kind of DLC for only like 7 bucks.

*1960’s-style presentation elements.

*Referees don the orange striped AFL uniforms (I love the fugly zebras)

*official AFL markings and logos decorate the field, and more – all while featuring a retro football card-like user interface and classic film grain broadcast camera (presentation, nice touch as well)

*The eight original AFL teams will be represented by name and wear (this is very cool)

*The 15 AFL Legacy Game matchups during the 2009 NFL regular season will include the Legacy Pack presentation in the offline Franchise mode (nice touch)

*Relive some of the greatest moments in AFL history with all-new Madden Moment (love Madden moments)
Agreed. I am itching to get this DLC.

# 323 RogueHominid @ 09/17/09 10:50 AM
I want those AFL Raiders jerseys too, but I really only play online franchise. Are these playable in that mode? And are they available for online unranked matches? I watched the video advert but couldn't tell from it.

# 324 Sausage @ 09/17/09 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
I want those AFL Raiders jerseys too, but I really only play online franchise. Are these playable in that mode? And are they available for online unranked matches? I watched the video advert but couldn't tell from it.
I don't want say "yes" for sure, but I believe there is an option to turn on the AFL broadcast style for any game.

# 325 LionsFanNJ @ 09/17/09 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
yeah they can be used online.

# 326 Glenn33 @ 09/17/09 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
And obviously customers coming back is not their concern, which is why they are charging for things that should be options in the game disc. They know you HAVE to come back which is why they bought the license in the first place. However now you see their sales are declining which means some people aren't buying into the BS they spew year after year. I might have to join them next year the way this is going...
No - no you don't. You can play 2K5 with updated rosters (I did up until last year), you could play APF 2k or play another game entirely. If you are this unhappy with a common practice (DLC) - I suggest you do voice your disagreement by not purchasing. Because DLC aint going away - and everyone is doing it (including 2K).

# 327 Cardot @ 09/17/09 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
This is obviously a money making ploy by ea. Madden in the past has included historic teams free of cost

This reminds me of an old Simpsons episode:

Girl: Aloha! Would you like a free sample?
Homer: The price is right! [stuffs them furiously into his mouth]
Mmmmmm.. Ooh.. Macamadamia nuts.
Girl: If you'd like to buy some, they're only a dollar each.
Homer: Oh, so THAT's your little plan. Get us addicted, then jack
up the price! [as he talks, cookie crumbs splatter out of his
mouth, dirtying up his shirt] ... [meekly] Well, you win.

-- at the Cookie Collossus store, ``Bart's Dog Gets an F''

# 328 Sausage @ 09/17/09 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
Did anyone see the special on the AFL last night on Showtime? It was very good. I think Pt. 2 is next week.
Got rid of Showtime, but they have some good programming; if they had the budget of HBO Sports there boxing schedule would be awesome.

One more week for some AFL action, this game just keeps giving. Not sure why everybody hates the best football game I have played in years.

# 329 KANE699 @ 09/17/09 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I like but I wish they also added some staduims.

2k5 had AFL uniforms in the game.

Peace

For the last time, they had maybe 4 without the afl patch and didn't have the away versions of the jerseys.

# 330 KANE699 @ 09/17/09 09:25 PM
Yea I owned 2k5 and am 100% sure this is not true, Im waiting for someone to post a video or pictures prooving me wrong, they had at most 5 of these jerseys and definitely did not have home and away.

# 331 Cardot @ 09/17/09 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Yea I owned 2k5 and am 100% sure this is not true, Im waiting for someone to post a video or pictures prooving me wrong, they had at most 5 of these jerseys and definitely did not have home and away.
I just fired up 2K5, and they do infact have all the inagural jersey's of the 8 AFL teams with both home and away. Infact for a few of the teams, they have 2 or even 3 unis for the 1960's alone.

With that being said, you might catch a few discrepencies. Obviously, they don't have the 50th anniversary patch. And they didn't have the exact uni's the Patriots wore the other night. There is a 59-60 uni that looked very similiar, but the logo was a minute man cap instead of "Pat Patriot". There is a 1965 uni with "Pat Patriot", but that on that one there is a blue stripe down the middle of the helmet between the two red stipes. Likewise, the Charger helmets don't have the player numbers. So yeah, a few minor things might be off, but 2K still did a great job on those unis.

# 332 PhillyJim76 @ 09/17/09 10:49 PM
I did not own 2k5. How much did they charge for the AFL jerseys? $7?

# 333 SmashMan @ 09/17/09 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyJim76
Because DLC was all the rage in the XBOX/PS2 days.

If you're going to take a potshot at EA, at least come up with something new and clever.

# 334 Cardot @ 09/18/09 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Because DLC was all the rage in the XBOX/PS2 days.

If you're going to take a potshot at EA, at least come up with something new and clever.
Of all the people hammering away at EA & DLC in this thread, you choose to quote that one?

# 335 josh44 @ 09/18/09 08:11 AM
I don't think this is in it but really it should be. Why not have the AFL patches on the regular uni's. Its there on Sunday and they could make it as a separate jersey so that in franchise you can go back to the normal ones. If this has already been brought up i apologise its just theres so many pages. Oh and i know its not in it but it would've been a nice lil addition for the people buying it. I'm going to buy it and am actually looking forward to it. If the Patch is out by then i can start my Chargers franchise

# 336 countryboy @ 09/18/09 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyJim76
Fail

# 337 Sausage @ 09/18/09 12:39 PM
6 more days for some "AFL" goodness + some. Kind of weird this years Madden has actually got me even more hyped to watch the actual NFL, which I already do. The funny thing is after watching several series, I get anxious to play Madden again. It's crazy how good this game is.

# 338 tj1182 @ 09/20/09 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
6 more days for some "AFL" goodness + some. Kind of weird this years Madden has actually got me even more hyped to watch the actual NFL, which I already do. The funny thing is after watching several series, I get anxious to play Madden again. It's crazy how good this game is.
Me too. I can't wait for this to drop.

I don't get the big fuss over $7. The average cost of any DLC is $10, and some aren't even worth it.

# 339 countryboy @ 09/20/09 07:30 PM
Hurry up Thursday...

# 340 rckabillyRaider @ 09/20/09 08:06 PM
I'm looking forward to putting a beatdown on some retro chargers in Oakland!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.