Home
Madden 2010 News Post

September 9, 2009 – This season marks the 50th season for the eight original American Football League (AFL) teams, and EA SPORTS is commemorating the celebration with the release of the AFL Legacy Pack game add-on for Madden NFL 10.

Available on September 24th, the comprehensive add-on brings the heritage of the AFL to Madden NFL 10 with all-new 1960’s-style presentation elements. Referees don the orange striped AFL uniforms, official AFL markings and logos decorate the field, and more – all while featuring a retro football card-like user interface and classic film grain broadcast camera.

The eight original AFL teams will be represented by name and wear their historic uniforms, including the Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs (as the Dallas Texans), New England Patriots (as the Boston Patriots), New York Jets (as the Titans of New York), Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers and Tennessee Titans (as the Houston Oilers).

The 15 AFL Legacy Game matchups during the 2009 NFL regular season will include the Legacy Pack presentation in the offline Franchise mode, as well as during the Play Now, and Superstar modes. Historic AFL uniforms can be selected in any mode – offline or online!

Relive some of the greatest moments in AFL history with all-new Madden Moments, which include additional Xbox 360 achievements and PS3 trophies.

The AFL Legacy Pack game add-on for Madden NFL 10 will be available on September 24th for 560 Microsoft Points and $6.99 on the PSN Store.

The award-winning Madden NFL 10, the highest rated version ever for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3, is in stores now.

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Tengo Juego @ 09/08/09 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earaylewis
7 $ people complain about 7 $

wow

Ian put all the thing you want for 7 $ i will buy the thing that i want straight simple.
Not its not JUST 7 dollars. If you're on 360, you have to either
A) Go buy a 800 or 1600 point card(not all stores carry 800pt cards)
B) Add points to my debit card and that either has to be 6.25 or 12.50(being the only options M$ offers when buying points)

Now, thats not EA's fault that the point system is so stupid. But thats how it is. And I'm not willing to do that for whats being offered.

# 42 adun_79 @ 09/08/09 04:51 PM
It looks like there are only 4 unis... meh
Sepia - iirc they had this in World Cup 98
AFL field art - this one is good but I barely use those teams so it doesn't affect me.

It's a good pack for the fans of the original AFL teams, for the rest of us not so much.

Try to make DLCs for every team/divison, add in some old style goal posts and now we're talking

http://www.chicagobears.com/tradition/Uniform.html

# 43 kehlis @ 09/08/09 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu Man Ching
Do they charge peopel for throwbacks in NBA2k9? Why would anyone defend this? Give me a reason why we should have to pay and then I'll agree with you. I am very open to debates. I just think the in game advertisements,New DLC, and old DLC is a little ridiculous. It is GREED. Why doesn't EA have a freaking yard sale while there at. Are they tight on money or something? OR is that license making them broke. There should already be presentation elements that change when I arrange a throwback game. Commentators should say something about it and the symbols should change. Why should I have to pay for that?
Reasons why THEY should charge it:

They are a business.
THe goal of a business is to maximize profit.
Their strategic business department determined there would be a market for this. (There will be).

The great thing about being a consumer is YOU get to decide what to buy and what not to buy.

Did you have to buy the game?
Do you have to buy the DLC?

Now, from EA's standpoint, what reasons would you give for them not to sell OPTIONAL DLC?

And just to add, I will not be buying this DLC, it would be cool, but it is not important enough to me to have. I would love it if it were free.

# 44 Leftygroove @ 09/08/09 04:51 PM
This is some really cool stuff... however; what's frustrating to me, and probably the reason I won't buy it is that this is DLC that basically lasts the life of this version of the game (which is probably about 7-8 months). It's not like Rock Band songs or Halo maps which can be used for a long time (RB songs can be used across different sequels). Madden puts out a new game every year which is something that most games with DLC don't do. If I buy these uni's, I want to be able to use them in future versions of Madden. THEN, I'll strongly consider building a library of throwbacks.

But as of right now, they are only sold as a part of Madden 10, and Madden 10 isn't a "platform;" it isn't going to be updated past 2 patches and the rosters will be outdated in March.

# 45 Tengo Juego @ 09/08/09 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftygroove
This is some really cool stuff... however; what's frustrating to me, and probably the reason I won't buy it is that this is DLC that basically lasts the life of this version of the game (which is probably about 7-8 months). It's not like Rock Band songs or Halo maps which can be used for a long time (RB songs can be used across different sequels). Madden puts out a new game every year which is something that most games with DLC don't do. If I buy these uni's, I want to be able to use them in future versions of Madden. THEN, I'll strongly consider building a library of throwbacks.

But as of right now, they are only sold as a part of Madden 10, and Madden 10 isn't a "platform;" it isn't going to be updated past 2 patches and the rosters will be outdated in March.
This is an excellent point.

# 46 St3fN_sTrApS @ 09/08/09 04:55 PM
This is way awesome , AFL Uniforms, new trophies, new classic moments and much more for seven bucks!!!! The only negative is that the 24th of September won't come fast enough. I'm pretty pumped for this.

# 47 SportsTop @ 09/08/09 04:55 PM
Quote:
Was this comment suppsed to mean something. I mean. I get it that you hate the word 2k and 2k might have kidnapped your children but damn. They are the last example i have to compare to. I didn't like that game except for the little things they did.
Survival of the fittest?............ Dude. Calm down. It is more like Survival of the Greediest.
It's called Business 101.

It has nothing to do with any perceived like or dislike I may have for 2k (in fact, I have zero opinion on them as a company).

What I think is comical is the people, like you, that think these companies are in business to give you things for free and make you happy.

They're not. They are in business to make money. Period.

If anything, you should thank Microsoft for creating DLC then get upset with yourself for buying a 360 and Madden.

It's a sound business decision by EA and good marketing to get the article published on ESPN's website and disseminated from there.

It isn't rocket science people.

# 48 SteelerSpartan @ 09/08/09 04:56 PM
sorry but this is bs

Lets make Practice Mode DLC next year too.....we don't "need" that either..thats a luxury we have enjoyed for years...its only fair that EA ges paid for the work they've put in for that mode

I've really liked the direction the game has taken this year for the most part, except for this. EA can take all of their online codes...DLC and shove it

# 49 adun_79 @ 09/08/09 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marginwalker
actually, there are 16
Yeah, I guess you're right. I thought only those listed are new.

# 50 toine2983 @ 09/08/09 05:02 PM
I have no problem paying for this pack, but I can see why others might. These AFL Legacy games were announced months ago, more than enough time for EA to include the AFL jerseys in the game when it launched.

And as for other DLC in the future I hope EA adds the Chargers' current Powder Blues. Them not being in the game really irks me.

# 51 NINERZ#1FAN @ 09/08/09 05:03 PM
Theres no way im spending anymore $ on madden. I already spend 60$ on a game that doesn't even play right. The run blocking, pursuit angles, flat coverage, holding on fg's (and so much more) are all huge gameplay flaws that need to be fixed, and the fact that im hearing about $7.00 dlc and not if or when the bug/glitches/flaws in the game are going to be fixed is just a slap in the face.

# 52 Fu Man Ching @ 09/08/09 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marginwalker
The truth about what? LOL.

No one's making you pay for it. It is extra content that adds to the experience. Just like every other DLC from game companies, it cost EA money to make it.

I could understand if it were just some uniforms but this is more than that.

If you guys are gonna whine about $7, you might as well just go ask your mommy and daddy to buy it for you.

First of all. I am not even going to comment on most of what you said because you offended me and if I respond the way I want I will most likley get kicked off of here. WHINE........... How is talking about something whining? Did you expect everyone to be high fiving and jumping up and down and celebrating. You say it cost EA money to make that. It cost me money to buy their game. How do you decide when it is more important to work on things for next years Madden instead of something like this. I'm sure there are people that think there are uniforms errors still in this years game. They would much rather have someone from Ea asking how they could help with that and doing for free or for our money next year. I am just playing devils advocate. but to say I'm whining is a good way to lose my respect. But why should you care. You just starting at a screen thinking you are all high and mighty. The internet is an entertaining place.

# 53 Chiefsfan881129 @ 09/08/09 05:06 PM
i just poped in to say a big Thank You to phil ian and the EA Madden 10 team for doing this as a chief fan i am happy to know that you are adding the Chiefs Dallas Texans uniforms to the game

and thank you for Celebrating the 50th season of the AFL with the rest of the world and a spiecal thank you to our late founder Lamar Hunt and the Chiefs current owner Clark Hunt without Lamar Hunt there would be no NFL

and without clark hunt there would be no afl legency games so in other words you NFL Fans should be thankful for what the Hunt Family has done for America #1 Most Watched Sport

thank you EA and i look foreward to buying these i hope the next pack includes the seahawks neon green uniforms anyway thank you EA

# 54 SportsTop @ 09/08/09 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toine2983
I have no problem paying for this pack, but I can see why others might. These AFL Legacy games were announced months ago, more than enough time for EA to include the AFL jerseys in the game when it launched.

And as for other DLC in the future I hope EA adds the Chargers' current Powder Blues. Them not being in the game really irks me.
That's my only big question.

Why have the "1960's Throwbacks" for the Chargers in game but not their current "Powder Blues" they wear? Then come out with their actual Powder Blue throwbacks is a bit confusing. What they gave us was actually a hybrid of their '60's throwbacks (jersey/pants) and current "Powder Blues" (helmet).

# 55 rckabillyRaider @ 09/08/09 05:10 PM
It actually seems like its worth it. I thought it would be just the uniforms.

# 56 CubFan23 @ 09/08/09 05:11 PM
I think if the game was more polished and had fewer problems like the run blocking issue there would be less of an uproar from people. I'm guessing alot of people who bought Madden 10 were dissapointed with some of the flaws still in the game and feel that EA already ripped them for $60.00 and shouldn't have to shell out more money to dress up a somewhat flawed game. I might end up buying it even though my team (bears) was not in the AFL. If it was some DLC for every team in the league I would def buy it.

# 57 Von Dozier @ 09/08/09 05:13 PM
Quote:
I am very open to debates. I just think the in game advertisements,New DLC, and old DLC is a little ridiculous. It is GREED.
Breaking news: Companies like making money.

# 58 chtucker18 @ 09/08/09 05:13 PM
ill be getting this

# 59 HealyMonster @ 09/08/09 05:13 PM
Its funny, leave it to EA to mess up The throwback stuff. They couldnt just add the uniforms and field art. they had to turn the presentation into trading card type look and add the grainy look to it and everything which last I checked wasnt being done by the NFL.

This is the freaking problem with this group, they are playing around and messing around, there is no rhyme or reason to do that, they just made it up. There is no leadership, no guy standing there saying stay focused on whats important. Add fraking uniforms, we dont need grainy overlays and the film grain to make it look like your playing an older game, wtf is wrong with these people?

This development team is a joke. It has been a joke since 05-06, until they clean house and get some real people in there, this game is going to be second rate and made entirely of gimmicks with nothing realistic or better than a 2004 game.

# 60 Fu Man Ching @ 09/08/09 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Reasons why THEY should charge it:

They are a business.
THe goal of a business is to maximize profit.
Their strategic business department determined there would be a market for this. (There will be).

The great thing about being a consumer is YOU get to decide what to buy and what not to buy.

Did you have to buy the game?
Do you have to buy the DLC?

Now, from EA's standpoint, what reasons would you give for them not to sell OPTIONAL DLC?

And just to add, I will not be buying this DLC, it would be cool, but it is not important enough to me to have. I would love it if it were free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
It's called Business 101.

It has nothing to do with any perceived like or dislike I may have for 2k (in fact, I have zero opinion on them as a company).

What I think is comical is the people, like you, that think these companies are in business to give you things for free and make you happy.

They're not. They are in business to make money. Period.

If anything, you should thank Microsoft for creating DLC then get upset with yourself for buying a 360 and Madden.

It's a sound business decision by EA and good marketing to get the article published on ESPN's website and disseminated from there.

It isn't rocket science people.

You know. I am getting tired of being labeled and talked to condescendingly. Like I don't know how business works. Do you have an MIT business degree ? Do you run a business? Sometimes a company that has left a bad taste in its consumers mouth over the past several years would benifet from trying to make complete solid game that doesn't need 10 patches and also throwing out some extras to show they care about the fans who have supported them throughout all the years. But I guess I'm crazy for thinking that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.