Home
Madden 2010 News Post

September 9, 2009 – This season marks the 50th season for the eight original American Football League (AFL) teams, and EA SPORTS is commemorating the celebration with the release of the AFL Legacy Pack game add-on for Madden NFL 10.

Available on September 24th, the comprehensive add-on brings the heritage of the AFL to Madden NFL 10 with all-new 1960’s-style presentation elements. Referees don the orange striped AFL uniforms, official AFL markings and logos decorate the field, and more – all while featuring a retro football card-like user interface and classic film grain broadcast camera.

The eight original AFL teams will be represented by name and wear their historic uniforms, including the Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs (as the Dallas Texans), New England Patriots (as the Boston Patriots), New York Jets (as the Titans of New York), Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers and Tennessee Titans (as the Houston Oilers).

The 15 AFL Legacy Game matchups during the 2009 NFL regular season will include the Legacy Pack presentation in the offline Franchise mode, as well as during the Play Now, and Superstar modes. Historic AFL uniforms can be selected in any mode – offline or online!

Relive some of the greatest moments in AFL history with all-new Madden Moments, which include additional Xbox 360 achievements and PS3 trophies.

The AFL Legacy Pack game add-on for Madden NFL 10 will be available on September 24th for 560 Microsoft Points and $6.99 on the PSN Store.

The award-winning Madden NFL 10, the highest rated version ever for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3, is in stores now.

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Jamin23 @ 09/08/09 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
Its funny, leave it to EA to mess up The throwback stuff. They couldnt just add the uniforms and field art. they had to turn the presentation into trading card type look and add the grainy look to it and everything which last I checked wasnt being done by the NFL.

This is the freaking problem with this group, they are playing around and messing around, there is no rhyme or reason to do that, they just made it up. There is no leadership, no guy standing there saying stay focused on whats important. Add fraking uniforms, we dont need grainy overlays and the film grain to make it look like your playing an older game, wtf is wrong with these people?

This development team is a joke. It has been a joke since 05-06, until they clean house and get some real people in there, this game is going to be second rate and made entirely of gimmicks with nothing realistic or better than a 2004 game.
I basically just want the uniforms. They are wearing them this year. I thought madden was supposed to put all the uniforms that teams are egoing to wear.

# 62 KANE699 @ 09/08/09 05:17 PM
Quote:
Its funny, leave it to EA to mess up The throwback stuff. They couldnt just add the uniforms and field art. they had to turn the presentation into trading card type look and add the grainy look to it and everything which last I checked wasnt being done by the NFL.

This is the freaking problem with this group, they are playing around and messing around, there is no rhyme or reason to do that, they just made it up. There is no leadership, no guy standing there saying stay focused on whats important. Add fraking uniforms, we dont need grainy overlays and the film grain to make it look like your playing an older game, wtf is wrong with these people?

This development team is a joke. It has been a joke since 05-06, until they clean house and get some real people in there, this game is going to be second rate and made entirely of gimmicks with nothing realistic or better than a 2004 game.
You do know you can turn that presentation off right?

It's not required when using the uniforms, its just a subtle touch and change for the people that want it, its clear that you are not one of them.

# 63 The GIGGAS @ 09/08/09 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu Man Ching
I am getting tired of being labeled and talked to condescendingly.
But that's how everyone talks on the internet...

# 64 SportsTop @ 09/08/09 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
You do know you can turn that presentation off right?

It's not required when using the uniforms, its just a subtle touch and change for the people that want it, its clear that you are not one of them.
What's this I see?

A bit of common sense and rationality?

# 65 Fu Man Ching @ 09/08/09 05:19 PM
Quote:

Thanks you. I think that is why this irks me more than anything. We have several clear problems wrong with this game that are stopping it from being good yet something like this gets dropped on us before any Patch info. It is like a high school football team being ran by an 19 year old coach who just graduated from the school he is coaching. He might mean good but he isn't rady to the lead the team where it is going. Again. These are opinions. So don't get your ****** in a bunch.

# 66 kehlis @ 09/08/09 05:19 PM
Quote:
You know. I am getting tired of being labeled and talked to condescendingly. Like I don't know how business works. Do you have an MIT business degree ? Do you run a business? Sometimes a company that has left a bad taste in its consumers mouth over the past several years would benifet from trying to make complete solid game that doesn't need 10 patches and also throwing out some extras to show they care about the fans who have supported them throughout all the years. But I guess I'm crazy for thinking that.
How were you labeled?

You said you welcome a debate and asked for reasons why they should charge for it. You were given reasons why as a company they should do it and your only defense is to defend yourself and to say the company has left a bad taste in customers mouths in the past.

I don't see how you have been labeled.

You were given reasons and now are getting overly defensive. Ihave nothing against you nor do I have a problem with your right to an opinion.

# 67 rckabillyRaider @ 09/08/09 05:19 PM
I wonder if we need to restart our franchises?

# 68 HealyMonster @ 09/08/09 05:19 PM
Quote:
You know. I am getting tired of being labeled and talked to condescendingly. Like I don't know how business works. Do you have an MIT business degree ? Do you run a business? Sometimes a company that has left a bad taste in its consumers mouth over the past several years would benifet from trying to make complete solid game that doesn't need 10 patches and also throwing out some extras to show they care about the fans who have supported them throughout all the years. But I guess I'm crazy for thinking that.

you are 100% correct.

This company has admitted that they released a garbage product from 06-09. they have been horrible. game killing glitches, lack of content, you name it. They destroyed their reputation in the gaming community with the trash they released. Now they made a few imporvements and they are entitled to charge for extra stuff? Last I checked, them including AFL unis, which were in NFL 2k5 I mind you, would go a long way to setting things straight with disgruntled consumers.

go look at their freaking lovely online franchise, there isnt a feature in it thats not currently broken, yet we are going to pay these guys for some alternate unis and unrealistic broacast add ons? whatever, last time I checked, good business was shipping a working as advertised product.

# 69 JohnDoe8865 @ 09/08/09 05:20 PM
Good Lord guys, does EVERY conversation have to turn into a 2K vs EA war??

# 70 HealyMonster @ 09/08/09 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Good Lord guys, does EVERY conversation have to turn into a 2K vs EA war??

its not a war dude, its a fact that the unis that they are making us pay for were included in a game i payed 19 bucks for 5 years ago. Im not talking about anything else other than market value for what they are selling.

# 71 Fu Man Ching @ 09/08/09 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
How were you labeled?

You said you welcome a debate and asked for reasons why they should charge for it. You were given reasons why as a company they should do it and your only defense is to defend yourself and to say the company has left a bad taste in customers mouths in the past.

I don't see how you have been labeled.

You were given reasons and now are getting overly defensive. Ihave nothing against you nor do I have a problem with your right to an opinion.

I didn't feel you labeled me. That was Squint. You made your argument. It just sounded like you were acting like I didn't know anything about business.Maybe that was Squint.I can take a debate. I am open to companies making money but EA needs to do a better job of repairing what they have recked. I gotta go. So I'll be on a little later to read this again.

I just don't like greed. This is Greed to me.

# 72 roadman @ 09/08/09 05:29 PM
Quote:
Please enlighten me which sports games on NG hasn't been patched?

# 73 SportsTop @ 09/08/09 05:29 PM
Quote:
its not a war dude, its a fact that the unis that they are making us pay for were included in a game i payed 19 bucks for 5 years ago. Im not talking about anything else other than market value for what they are selling.
Dude...I paid $2.00 for a gallon of gas in 2004. Get over it.

Do you guys really not get it?

EA, like any other company, has different divisions. Executives in one branch explore options to maximize their profit from their production branches.

Enter DLC.

That branch then directs the game designers to implement that into their product.

If 2k was still in the business of making football games I guarantee you they'd be exploring the DLC avenue as well.

Why, you ask? Because it's the NFL. The most popular sport in America. It isn't the MLB, NBA, or the NHL where consumers are likely to pass on uniform DLC because they can do without it or just don't care. They've done their market analysis and know what they can and can't charge for and what people will pay for.

# 74 ChicagoChris @ 09/08/09 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
It's called Business 101.

It has nothing to do with any perceived like or dislike I may have for 2k (in fact, I have zero opinion on them as a company).

What I think is comical is the people, like you, that think these companies are in business to give you things for free and make you happy.

They're not. They are in business to make money. Period.

If anything, you should thank Microsoft for creating DLC then get upset with yourself for buying a 360 and Madden.

It's a sound business decision by EA and good marketing to get the article published on ESPN's website and disseminated from there.

It isn't rocket science people.
Exactly.

# 75 KANE699 @ 09/08/09 05:30 PM
Quote:
As a matter of fact nfl2k5 did not have all these uniforms, nor the afl patches on them worn this year nor the field changes that we will be getting in franchise mode.

2k5 had a lot of unis, such as the 75th anniversery throwbacks and some made up alternates but they didn't have but just a very few of these unis and not to mention nor did they have the afl patches on them.

# 76 texans @ 09/08/09 05:32 PM
Just from reading the thread it seems like EA's timing is off here. If they would have released patch #1 first, fixing a lot of issues the game has, then a week later released the AFL DLC info, it would have placated a lot of fans who are upset with the faults the game has, and in turn would've been more willing to buy the DLC. Just bad timing by EA.

# 77 kjcheezhead @ 09/08/09 05:34 PM
Not buying 1 extra thing for this game. 7 dollars for unis, 5 dollars for "elite' status, 10 bucks if my bro wants to do franchise on my game, 2 bucks to keep a guy from retiring,

EA sells me four years of garbage and now has the nerve to ask me if I wanna hand them more for additional crap.

Well guess what EA, it'll be a cold day in hell when I do that and last I heard the earth is warming.

# 78 roadman @ 09/08/09 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by texans
Just from reading the thread it seems like EA's timing is off here. If they would have released patch #1 first, fixing a lot of issues the game has, then a week later released the AFL DLC info, it would have placated a lot of fans who are upset with the faults the game has, and in turn would've been more willing to buy the DLC. Just bad timing by EA.
How so?

I'm betting the 1st patch will be released before the DLC.

Ok, I see what you mean.

I still think the patch will be released either late this week or early next week.

I'm sure the bigger patch will be out in October sometime.

# 79 kehlis @ 09/08/09 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by texans
From what I understand the patch was submitted for approval at least a week ago.

When it gets released is beyond EA's control.

# 80 SportsTop @ 09/08/09 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Deadly
I can't believe people are excited to pay for jerseys.
Funny, my wife says the same thing to me about paying for video games.

Perception and priorites is what its all about.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.