Home
Madden 2010 News Post

September 9, 2009 – This season marks the 50th season for the eight original American Football League (AFL) teams, and EA SPORTS is commemorating the celebration with the release of the AFL Legacy Pack game add-on for Madden NFL 10.

Available on September 24th, the comprehensive add-on brings the heritage of the AFL to Madden NFL 10 with all-new 1960’s-style presentation elements. Referees don the orange striped AFL uniforms, official AFL markings and logos decorate the field, and more – all while featuring a retro football card-like user interface and classic film grain broadcast camera.

The eight original AFL teams will be represented by name and wear their historic uniforms, including the Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs (as the Dallas Texans), New England Patriots (as the Boston Patriots), New York Jets (as the Titans of New York), Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers and Tennessee Titans (as the Houston Oilers).

The 15 AFL Legacy Game matchups during the 2009 NFL regular season will include the Legacy Pack presentation in the offline Franchise mode, as well as during the Play Now, and Superstar modes. Historic AFL uniforms can be selected in any mode – offline or online!

Relive some of the greatest moments in AFL history with all-new Madden Moments, which include additional Xbox 360 achievements and PS3 trophies.

The AFL Legacy Pack game add-on for Madden NFL 10 will be available on September 24th for 560 Microsoft Points and $6.99 on the PSN Store.

The award-winning Madden NFL 10, the highest rated version ever for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3, is in stores now.

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 texans @ 09/08/09 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
How so?

I'm betting the 1st patch will be released before the DLC.
Well I know all of the info about the AFL DLC and have heard nothing about a patch. It seems like a large majority of people complaining about having to pay are upset because they feel the game is flawed. Will the patch be out before the DLC? Possibly, but there is no information to confirm or deny that.

# 82 kehlis @ 09/08/09 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Deadly
I can't believe people are excited to pay for jerseys.
Those that are excited for this are excited for more than just jerseys.

# 83 roadman @ 09/08/09 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by texans
Well I know all of the info about the AFL DLC and have heard nothing about a patch. It seems like a large majority of people complaining about having to pay are upset because they feel the game is flawed. Will the patch be out before the DLC? Possibly, but there is no information to confirm or deny that.
Understood, but we won't hear anything about patch #1 until it passes certification. Ian mentioned they might be able to discuss patch #1 later this week in the blogs they put up. The first patch was already confirmed by Ian in MS/Sony's hands.

Also, I'm sure patch #2 will have more game play fixes.

# 84 KANE699 @ 09/08/09 05:45 PM
Im excited for this and Im not even a fan of any of the teams.

# 85 TracerBullet @ 09/08/09 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Im excited for this and Im not even a fan of any of the teams.
Same here.

# 86 texans @ 09/08/09 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Understood, but we won't hear anything about patch #1 until it passes certification. Ian mentioned they might be able to discuss patch #1 later this week in the blogs they put up. The first patch was already confirmed by Ian in MS/Sony's hands.

Also, I'm sure patch #2 will have more game play fixes.
I agree here with you as well, but as I stated, the timing is off. Granted the patch is confirmed but a release date for it isn't. If an article were to appear that said "here's what will be fixed in the 1st patch and here's the release date" I think a lot of people would be less critical to the news they were being asked for even more money for what they feel is an inferior product. Instead they chose to release the AFL DLC info in order maximize their profits to coincide with the NFL 2009 Kickoff. I understand EA wants to make money, but in the process it seems they are disenfranchising their customer base. Just my 2 pennies.

# 87 Jamin23 @ 09/08/09 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Not buying 1 extra thing for this game. 7 dollars for unis, 5 dollars for "elite' status, 10 bucks if my bro wants to do franchise on my game, 2 bucks to keep a guy from retiring,

EA sells me four years of garbage and now has the nerve to ask me if I wanna hand them more for additional crap.

Well guess what EA, it'll be a cold day in hell when I do that and last I heard the earth is warming.
LOL!! It's like the Southwest commercial. $5 for peanuts, $4 for earphones, $3 to use the bathroom, $4 to put you're luggage in the overhead compartment.

# 88 SeventhWard @ 09/08/09 05:55 PM
Not much of an AFL fan - but I'll give it to 'em - this is GOOD DLC.

I'm a little jazzed up about the changes to presentation. The sepia tone sounds CORNY - but the film grain sounds COOL. Hopefully we can pick and choose what we want.

Can't wait to see a video. Will this be the first piece of DLC I ever buy from EA Sports? Stay tuned!

-SeventhWard

# 89 Jamin23 @ 09/08/09 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhWard
Not much of an AFL fan - but I'll give it to 'em - this is GOOD DLC.

I'm a little jazzed up about the changes to presentation. The sepia tone sounds CORNY - but the film grain sounds COOL. Hopefully we can pick and choose what we want.

Can't wait to see a video. Will this be the first piece of DLC I ever buy from EA Sports? Stay tuned!

-SeventhWard
They did the same thing with the retro teams in MVP baseball.

# 90 TracerBullet @ 09/08/09 05:59 PM
People keep saying that all the jerseys should be included in the game and I'm wondering has any sports game ever included all the throwbacks in a game recently? Just wondering.

# 91 mixxx01 @ 09/08/09 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
Glad some of you guys think this is as cool as we think it is. We look forward to you getting your hands on it.

For those having Elite issues, we are working on them right now. Should be resolved soon.

Phil
Phil if already asked i apologize will we have to restart franchise to use the afl unis in games?

# 92 wildthing2022000 @ 09/08/09 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgators253
People keep saying that all the jerseys should be included in the game and I'm wondering has any sports game ever included all the throwbacks in a game recently? Just wondering.
NBA Live 10 should have most if not all the jerseys including the Spanish & the St. Patrick's day ones.

# 93 Jamin23 @ 09/08/09 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing2022000
NBA Live 10 should have most if not all the jerseys including the Spanish & the St. Patrick's day ones.
Well other sports games have included a lot of them for free.

# 94 wildthing2022000 @ 09/08/09 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxx01
Phil if already asked i apologize will we have to restart franchise to use the afl unis in games?
My guess is yes, since the legacy games are for the 2009 NFL season only, unless they do randomized legacy games in future seasons. Otherwise you'll have to set it up yourself in franchise.

# 95 wildthing2022000 @ 09/08/09 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
NBA Live 10 is the only one I know of the has just about every jersey for every team and that's with no DLC. Thanks for reading.

# 96 TracerBullet @ 09/08/09 06:12 PM
Quote:
Well they don't even offer them for download. I don't mind if its free or not. They miss out on a lot of the best ones that could be in the game. I'm thinking the guy is right about Live this year having the most. I haven't seen my Detroit Lions throwbacks with the blue pants in any game since they've stopped wearing them. I'd pay to see them in there because I like them. Usually games tend to leave out the away (sometimes home) version of alternates as well which isn't good either. And until another starts offering more throwbacks as DLC for free (if they ever do at all) I'm not going to assume they wouldn't charge for them.

# 97 kjcheezhead @ 09/08/09 06:15 PM
Quote:
LOL!! It's like the Southwest commercial. $5 for peanuts, $4 for earphones, $3 to use the bathroom, $4 to put you're luggage in the overhead compartment.
For madden 11 you'll have to pick 1 team to use, after that it's $1.99 apiece. When they annouce that you can buy an entire division for the price of 3 teams people will get really excited.

# 98 countryboy @ 09/08/09 06:16 PM
For all of those who are pissed that the AFL Legacy Pack cost money, let me ask you this. What is the difference between paying for this and extra map packs for games, customizable parts for driving games, extra songs for Rock Band/Guitar Hero, extra costume packs, extra characters in games, extra this and that with any game?

And please don't use the cop out line that, "well its should've been in the game already" or "I already paid X amount of dollars for this game", because those two lines could be used for any and all games that offer DLC.

So go ahead, please enlighten me and the rest of the community with why what EA/Madden is doing is any different than what any other company that offers DLC is doing.

# 99 Jamin23 @ 09/08/09 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing2022000
NBA Live 10 is the only one I know of the has just about every jersey for every team and that's with no DLC. Thanks for reading.
MLB 2k and the show, and NBA 2k.

# 100 canes2008 @ 09/08/09 06:21 PM
I can't wait $7 isn't so bad if it was $15 i wouldn't have gotten, just wish it was out thursday

Can we get this via madden shop when it drops

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.