Home
Madden 2010 News Post

September 9, 2009 – This season marks the 50th season for the eight original American Football League (AFL) teams, and EA SPORTS is commemorating the celebration with the release of the AFL Legacy Pack game add-on for Madden NFL 10.

Available on September 24th, the comprehensive add-on brings the heritage of the AFL to Madden NFL 10 with all-new 1960’s-style presentation elements. Referees don the orange striped AFL uniforms, official AFL markings and logos decorate the field, and more – all while featuring a retro football card-like user interface and classic film grain broadcast camera.

The eight original AFL teams will be represented by name and wear their historic uniforms, including the Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs (as the Dallas Texans), New England Patriots (as the Boston Patriots), New York Jets (as the Titans of New York), Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers and Tennessee Titans (as the Houston Oilers).

The 15 AFL Legacy Game matchups during the 2009 NFL regular season will include the Legacy Pack presentation in the offline Franchise mode, as well as during the Play Now, and Superstar modes. Historic AFL uniforms can be selected in any mode – offline or online!

Relive some of the greatest moments in AFL history with all-new Madden Moments, which include additional Xbox 360 achievements and PS3 trophies.

The AFL Legacy Pack game add-on for Madden NFL 10 will be available on September 24th for 560 Microsoft Points and $6.99 on the PSN Store.

The award-winning Madden NFL 10, the highest rated version ever for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3, is in stores now.

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 econoodle @ 09/09/09 11:53 AM
AFL DLC Pics

http://www.joystiq.com/photos/madden...-pack/2268186/

Ask Madden: Now with 70's mutton chops!

# 162 Glenn33 @ 09/09/09 11:59 AM

WoW! Snickers had this same campaign from back in the early 60's! Who knew?!!!

# 163 SmashMan @ 09/09/09 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
WoW! Snickers had this same campaign from back in the early 60's! Who knew?!!!
Snacklish says it's a "Vinuttage Snack Campaign" and it's "Chocolassic"!

# 164 RubenDouglas @ 09/09/09 12:14 PM
probably already stated. but they shouldve been in the game to begin with. its changing of colors and fonts. its not rocket science... into the game like its nothing at no extra cost

# 165 RaiderKtulu @ 09/09/09 12:17 PM
Two things.

Firstly, I really hope they put the right lightning bolts on the Chargers helmets and used the right version of the Raiders logo. I can't really tell for sure from the pictures.

Second, if you must play as the Broncos, please, for the love of god, do not mix the AFL uniforms with the regular uniforms. The world does not need to be exposed to the combination of brown, yellow, orange and potentially 2 different shades of blue.

# 166 SportsTop @ 09/09/09 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
probably already stated. but they shouldve been in the game to begin with. its changing of colors and fonts. its not rocket science... into the game like its nothing at no extra cost

You obviously didn't read and heed aholbert's warning. This is the exact line of discussion that got this thread locked the first time around.

# 167 thornie @ 09/09/09 12:22 PM
I think I'll pass. I would've been way more hyped to purchase this if we could play as those original AFL teams. Complete with different less athletic player models, period correct playbooks, and accurate rosters (even if it's just numbers, no names).

I know that's asking too much, but if they are going to charge us for this, why not make it worthwhile?

# 168 franch1se @ 09/09/09 12:24 PM
please tell me you can turn Sepia off

# 169 SportsTop @ 09/09/09 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornie
I think I'll pass. I would've been way more hyped to purchase this if we could play as those original AFL teams. Complete with different less athletic player models, period correct playbooks, and accurate rosters (even if it's just numbers, no names).

I know that's asking too much, but if they are going to charge us for this, why not make it worthwhile?
Maybe because they don't have the naming right to those players?

Just a guess.

# 170 thornie @ 09/09/09 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Maybe because they don't have the naming right to those players?

Just a guess.
I'm aware of that man, which is why I said "numbers instead of names" in the parenthesis next to my statement. I'd be more interested in playing with period correct playbooks, and players that LOOK like they are from that era, than having accurate names any way.

# 171 SportsTop @ 09/09/09 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornie
I'm aware of that man, which is why I said "numbers instead of names" in the parenthesis next to my statement. I'd be more interested in playing with period correct playbooks, and players that LOOK like they are from that era, than having accurate names any way.
Well, I'm pretty sure they did it because the NFL is doing it this year.

So until I see the likes of LT and Marshawn Lynch throw on '60's era pads and they bring Lance Alworth and O.J. Simpson out of retirement to play in those games this year, then I'd expect EA just to provide us with something the NFL is implementing this year.

# 172 RubenDouglas @ 09/09/09 12:43 PM
my apologies. read through the first 4 of the 6 pages and decided to comment before reading through it all.

im not one to start trouble. it just seemed like a viable comment.

take the good with the bad. I actually had a decent conversation with a former 2ksports art employee a few years backabout the art aspect of their game. lets just say, its not the hardest thing to create new jerseys, but there was that thin line in giving consumers just enough and what they are truly capable of. so thats where my pov is from

# 173 Sausage @ 09/09/09 12:53 PM
Wow I did not expect any DLC and coming in and reading all the details. I am very excited about this. Cannot wait for the release.

# 174 bigsmallwood @ 09/09/09 01:03 PM
And why are we paying for this.....

# 175 kt-od @ 09/09/09 01:08 PM
Did anyone else notice in one of the pictures that the yard markers are back in the playcall screen?

http://www.joystiq.com/photos/madden...-pack/2268189/

# 176 Glenn33 @ 09/09/09 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
And why are we paying for this.....

Really? How many times are people gonna say the same thing?

# 177 bigsmallwood @ 09/09/09 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
Really? How many times are people gonna say the same thing?
My fault! I did not read through every page to know that this was something that became a reoccuring theme!

But even that says something considering in "other" NFL games from about 5 years ago, you already had classic uniforms of all sorts...included with the game you purchased.

# 178 Glenn33 @ 09/09/09 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
please tell me you can turn Sepia off
I believe you can. In the initial article - it says:

Quote:
On top of that, the pack will also include five new "Madden 10" achievements and trophies. "They involve wearing AFL jerseys in an online game,finishing one of our all-new AFL Madden Moments with AFL presentation turned on, winning exhibition and franchise games with AFL presentation turned on, and one secret achievement," says Frazier, who will provide only the following hint on the final, secret achievement: It involves a missed field goal and a touchdown on the same play.

# 179 RaiderKtulu @ 09/09/09 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
Did anyone else notice in one of the pictures that the yard markers are back in the playcall screen?

http://www.joystiq.com/photos/madden...-pack/2268189/
Nice catch. Maybe we'll get lucky and that'll make it into the non-AFL presentation as well

# 180 RaiderKtulu @ 09/09/09 01:21 PM
Quote:
Frazier, who will provide only the following hint on the final, secret achievement: It involves a missed field goal and a touchdown on the same play.
Well that leaves open only 2 possibilities. Returning a CPU miss for a TD, or getting a kick blocked and scoring a TD on recovery...which pretty much can't happen with the "catch the FG at the line" crap that we see every few games.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.