Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the Madden NFL 10 FAQ - Part 1.

Quote:
"Hey Madden fans! It's been a little while since we dropped a post here on the blog, but we wanted to use this opportunity to answer a bunch of the most asked questions that have been showing up on forums, twitter, etc.

We thought we'd try something new though and do the FAQ in video form. It just made it more personal.

Some key points before you watch:

- The first title update was completed before the game shipped (in case you are wondering why certain issues didn't make it in)
- We're hard at work on the second title update, focusing primarily on various aspects of gameplay
- We're going to continue to make more of these FAQ videos."

If anyone wants to transcribe all of it I bet I could find some swag to send.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Moegames @ 09/09/09 11:03 PM
Awesome feedback and interaction Ian... i feel that you doing things like this is a HUGE luxury to us "real" fans of the game. I dont know if i've ever seen another developer take the time and thoughtfulness of doing such things like these update videos you posted for us in here..infact i can assure you this is the first of a kind.

The sad thing is that there will still be the ungrateful complainers and disrespectful Aholes replying with BS in here...mark my words on that but never mind them, they will be spotted and reported to mods....the majority of us greatly appreciate these kind of interactions with the forum community here...please dont stop it.

Im really happy to hear that some of the things that bugged me is being fixed in these patches..wow, im just TOTALLY impressed by the effort you guys are putting into this years game to please us gamers...AGAIN, there WILL BE SOME FOOLS bashing you as always.. please dont let that discourage you guys...as we "the majority" appreciate this fine effort you guys are putting out this year with M10.

The game "as is" is still one heck of a football game, its just a freaking blast to play..these upcoming patches will hopefully get rid of the majority of the crappy bugs & faulty AI logic in some cases in the game and im sure it'll be a HUGE appreciation to alot of the members in here that are picky about their videogames.

Good stuff guys, keep it coming...like i said before..i think alot of the whiners and cry babies take alot of the interaction and updated feedback for granted...little do they realize how important it is that you guys are around listneing to us, hearing our complaints and addressing them as best as you guys can... i wonder what these complainers would do if you guys didnt interact with us in the forums? Oh brother..i dont even want to think about that.

Anyways... much appreciated, these updates got me even more pumped!!

# 122 Dianwei32 @ 09/09/09 11:04 PM
I'm sure this has been asked many times, but why was the issue of over-aggressive CPU blitzing not covered in the FAQ? I've seen that asked a lot more than most of the stuff that was covered.

# 123 roadman @ 09/09/09 11:07 PM
Let's hope it's answered in Part 2.

# 124 feeq14 @ 09/09/09 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I'm sure this has been asked many times, but why was the issue of over-aggressive CPU blitzing not covered in the FAQ? I've seen that asked a lot more than most of the stuff that was covered.
im wondering the same thing? I know it had to be asked enough to be adressed

# 125 spliff616 @ 09/09/09 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Awesome feedback and interaction Ian... i feel that you doing things like this is a HUGE luxury to us "real" fans of the game. I dont know if i've ever seen another developer take the time and thoughtfulness of doing such things like these update videos you posted for us in here..infact i can assure you this is the first of a kind.

The sad thing is that there will still be the ungrateful complainers and disrespectful Aholes replying with BS in here...mark my words on that but never mind them, they will be spotted and reported to mods....the majority of us greatly appreciate these kind of interactions with the forum community here...please dont stop it.

Im really happy to hear that some of the things that bugged me is being fixed in these patches..wow, im just TOTALLY impressed by the effort you guys are putting into this years game to please us gamers...AGAIN, there WILL BE SOME FOOLS bashing you as always.. please dont let that discourage you guys...as we "the majority" appreciate this fine effort you guys are putting out this year with M10.

The game "as is" is still one heck of a football game, its just a freaking blast to play..these upcoming patches will hopefully get rid of the majority of the crappy bugs & faulty AI logic in some cases in the game and im sure it'll be a HUGE appreciation to alot of the members in here that are picky about their videogames.

Good stuff guys, keep it coming...like i said before..i think alot of the whiners and cry babies take alot of the interaction and updated feedback for granted...little do they realize how important it is that you guys are around listneing to us, hearing our complaints and addressing them as best as you guys can... i wonder what these complainers would do if you guys didnt interact with us in the forums? Oh brother..i dont even want to think about that.

Anyways... much appreciated, these updates got me even more pumped!!
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Ian and company, thank you for all the hard work.

# 126 permanent1 @ 09/09/09 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
yes thats the exact thing im talking about and everyone is ignoring it, its like im the only one that cares. I seem to be being ignored.
Still are from the looks of it

# 127 Moegames @ 09/10/09 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
My only response to that is that is something that you have to be looking for. I didn't notice anything till I came on here and people were complaining about it. I only dump it in the flats when I sense trouble.
I couldnt have said it any better myself man..alot of people in here i know for a fact fall into that "bandwagon" and go for the ride of disappointment never to enjoy that particular game again only because they believe what others believe or say... i personally DONT see a HUGE issue with the flats..infact i can enjoy the game knowing that the flats do have a "bit" of a problem of being too easy but i honestly didnt notice it until people kept posting about it..go figure...i'll be honest though, it IS there but its no where near as bad as people make it out to be..this can be said with dozens of other complaints...one person sparks up a glitch and a nice handful of others jump on that bandwagon.

As you say...alot of glitches and small issues are NOT even noticeable to most of us..its WHEN someone comes along and makes a big stink about it that tends to spread like cancer to other fellow gamers that fall for this evil deed. Its sad that one person can spark up a HUGE mess and that issue is usually a tiny issue that can be fixed with some slider adjustments or better play calling.

The simple fact of the matter is this...dont fall for what other people say..this is true with gaming review sites as well..take reviews as a grain of salt because only YOU can be the true judge of a game or a glitch in a game..too many are influenced by others and frankly.****ins their enjoyment of gaming and lose focus on what gaming is ment to be for us..which is to enjoy the game for what it is and remember that its not gonna be no where near true to life.. people have lost grips with what gaming is really about and rather have caught that nasty cancer of so called "glitch hunting"...

I've said it a zillion times... "glitch hunters" like Apex or Rmoody ruin the excitement for many many gamers..because they litterly dissect a game down to every last detail, make a huge stink about it and post it on forums,etc and many many innocent gamers are robbed of their enjoyment of videogames because they fall victim to the "glitch hunting syndrome" ... sad but true story and i mean no disrespect to Apex or Rmoody even though i may have bashed them two guys many times in the past but the truth of the matter is they have totally lost GRIPS with the meaning of being a gamer.

You know what though..i only speak up in hopes to get people to get back to reality here. I think this addiction of looking for glitches ruins fun for so many. Im just grateful that i have the mental capability to understand and realize that no game will be perfect and that asking for a game to mimic the real deal is just so out of the question right now with our technology capabilities with videogames... hopefully this post will open some eye's up and let some captive gamers ..once again enjoy some gaming, free from the chains of glitch hunting.

# 128 TombSong @ 09/10/09 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
I couldnt have said it any better myself man..alot of people in here i know for a fact fall into that "bandwagon" and go for the ride of disappointment never to enjoy that particular game again only because they believe what others believe or say... i personally DONT see a HUGE issue with the flats..infact i can enjoy the game knowing that the flats do have a "bit" of a problem of being too easy but i honestly didnt notice it until people kept posting about it..go figure...i'll be honest though, it IS there but its no where near as bad as people make it out to be..this can be said with dozens of other complaints...one person sparks up a glitch and a nice handful of others jump on that bandwagon.

As you say...alot of glitches and small issues are NOT even noticeable to most of us..its WHEN someone comes along and makes a big stink about it that tends to spread like cancer to other fellow gamers that fall for this evil deed. Its sad that one person can spark up a HUGE mess and that issue is usually a tiny issue that can be fixed with some slider adjustments or better play calling.

The simple fact of the matter is this...dont fall for what other people say..this is true with gaming review sites as well..take reviews as a grain of salt because only YOU can be the true judge of a game or a glitch in a game..too many are influenced by others and frankly.****ins their enjoyment of gaming and lose focus on what gaming is ment to be for us..which is to enjoy the game for what it is and remember that its not gonna be no where near true to life.. people have lost grips with what gaming is really about and rather have caught that nasty cancer of so called "glitch hunting"...

I've said it a zillion times... "glitch hunters" like Apex or Rmoody ruin the excitement for many many gamers..because they litterly dissect a game down to every last detail, make a huge stink about it and post it on forums,etc and many many innocent gamers are robbed of their enjoyment of videogames because they fall victim the the "glitch hunting syndrome" ... sad but true story and i mean no disrespect to Apex or Rmoody even though i may have bashed them two guys many times in the past but the truth of the matter is they have totally lost GRIPS with the meaning of being a gamer.

You know what though..i only speak up in hopes to get people to get back to reality here. I think this addiction of looking for glitches ruins fun for so many. Im just greatful that i have the mental capability to understand and realize that no game will be perfect and that asking for a game to mimic the real deal is just so out of the question right now with our technology capabilities with videogames... hopefully this post will open some eye's up and let some captive gamers ..once again enjoy some gaming, free from the chains of glitch hunting.
You dont really have to be a "glitch hunter" to see a lot of the problems going on in the game. The game has problems as evidenced in vids and acknowledged in Ian's just released blog.

I am glad Ian has thick skin and has taken all the bullets shot at him over the past few months. I am also glad he does listen to these same people you like to point out as whiners. Because if he only listened to people like you, we would all be stuck with a game full of obvious flaws that we would have to ignore for another year.

Its clear YOU like the game as is based on YOUR post history. No one gonna call you a name for that though. Glad for you. However some of us got issues and have pointed them out. That IS the feedback Ian was looking for.

I will agree that the personal attacks on Ian and each other have to stop.

# 129 scarface scotty @ 09/10/09 12:32 AM
Is it just me or did it seem like most of the problems addressed in the videos really only affect online play? That worries me because I'm afraid they will spend all their time adding features to online franchise and leave offline dynasty wounded and dying in the field.

# 130 Palo20 @ 09/10/09 01:31 AM
Ian, thanks for the videos and fixes.

Josh mentioned trying to fix the franchise QB yardage and RB TD stats, but will anything be done for the really low Yards/Carry that many RBs have (such as 100 carries for 250 yards)?

Also, will the tackle stats be looked at?

# 131 kodawg9 @ 09/10/09 07:14 AM
i think the sliders talk is for online. i havent played online so i cant confirm, but i dont think you can change sliders in online franchise, so that's what the big issue is.

# 132 Hova57 @ 09/10/09 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodawg9
i think the sliders talk is for online. i havent played online so i cant confirm, but i dont think you can change sliders in online franchise, so that's what the big issue is.
no there won't be sliders for online games or franchise maybe next year the slider change was for offline

# 133 Disqo @ 09/10/09 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
You dont really have to be a "glitch hunter" to see a lot of the problems going on in the game. The game has problems as evidenced in vids and acknowledged in Ian's just released blog.

I am glad Ian has thick skin and has taken all the bullets shot at him over the past few months. I am also glad he does listen to these same people you like to point out as whiners. Because if he only listened to people like you, we would all be stuck with a game full of obvious flaws that we would have to ignore for another year.

Its clear YOU like the game as is based on YOUR post history. No one gonna call you a name for that though. Glad for you. However some of us got issues and have pointed them out. That IS the feedback Ian was looking for.

I will agree that the personal attacks on Ian and each other have to stop.
I agree with your post. I don't understand how anyone can insinuate that the flaws in Madden have only been found due to people excessively looking for them. The problems with the game are plain for everyone to see, which is why the dev team is trying to iron them out.

# 134 edgarallanpoe @ 09/10/09 10:24 AM
Coach mode needs an important feature. Primary reciever orange route pre-snap adjustment is very essential in coaching an I do hope they can patch it.

# 135 tyler289 @ 09/10/09 11:27 AM
Someone may have answered this in this thread, but I didn't notice it in Ian's videos: will they be fixing the IR stuff? Right now, if you put a guy on IR it doesn't free up a roster spot.

# 136 Dianwei32 @ 09/10/09 11:32 AM
Also, what about the CPU calling so much press coverage? and my WRs inability to beat it? The issue of WRs always releasing to the same side is part of it, but if the CPU calls press coverage (which they do, excessively, even with DBs who have low Press ratings), it's a guaranteed 3-4 seconds before my WRs can get open. I have yet to see a WR beat the press at the line, they always struggle and only are able to beat it because they can push the DB past the 5 yard mark and they're forced to stopp pressing them.

In a game where I run 55-60 offensive plays, I can count the number of times the CPU doesn't call press coverage on one hand (usually 3-4 times). Even with WRs with good Strength (50-60) and great Beat Press ratings (90+) against DBs with 40-50 Strength and 70-75 Press, my WRs cannot beat the press at all.

# 137 Pared @ 09/10/09 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
I'd love to see the Bears daygame glitch get fixed... kinda lame always playing at dusk.
LOL First The Show and now Madden?

Man, I feel bad for you Chicago guys.

# 138 DrewBledsoe @ 09/10/09 01:00 PM
I'm honestly surprised, that the glaring D playcalling wasn't mentioned. AdemB, Dfs and others have shown that by controlling all 32 teams (in Franchise mode), and radically altering Def Playcalling Schemes, it IS possible to make each team play something like their relevant RL counterparts.

But why on earth should anyone have to, or even WANT to do that? Is it really so much to ask, that Tenn play their "never a blitz, crush with the front four" D style? Or a Cover 2 D to actually play AS a Cover 2 team.

At the moment, in the great majority of games vs the cpu, it's like facing the '85 Bears (never mind the Fridge, we're bringing the kitchen AND the sink on most downs)...

If you fine with `your no name`TE having 200 catches on the season, then it's not a problem of course

The other point (as mentioned by many) is that Solo and Assists= Total Tackles. If it's some really bitty reason (e.g. column or array space in the game), then just remove assists. Assists aren't shown on the NFL site, there's no need when Total TKLS and Solo TKLS are shown......

Lastly. without wishing to start any arguements, why do I get the impression that everything Online is a major priority over the rest, when the vast majority of the customer base, is still offline gaming. Isn't that a bit like Ford releasing a new car, and then saying "Right we're going to Iron a few problems out, but only for the Red Models."?

# 139 countryboy @ 09/10/09 01:03 PM
^^^CPU AI was something that was being addressed. I'm guessing that cpu playcalling on defense, offense, and during the 2 minute drill are all lumped into that category.

# 140 countryboy @ 09/10/09 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
LOL First The Show and now Madden?

Man, I feel bad for you Chicago guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Lol, well it's not exactly a game killer, but it certainly is ironic isn't it?
We can certainly see how much these devs think of Chicago, their sports teams, and their fans....lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.