Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Czar checks in once again, like only Da_Czar can, with this NBA Live 10 OS exclusive video, Czarisode 1: Season 2 - "The Takeover".

FYI, we just opened our own Youtube HD channel. Check it out and subscribe, right here.

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Rocboyz101 @ 09/09/09 08:49 PM
Live used to be the best game, now it looks like its close to being that same type of game.

# 42 Stumbleweed @ 09/09/09 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmix411
Melo's jumpshot looks great!
Yeah I loved that sequence too. I'm gonna work out that jab step from the right elbow and murder people with it.

# 43 HeavenlyTouch @ 09/09/09 08:52 PM
It seems amateurish to pronounce "THE KING IS BACK" and other silly little anecdotes .. the videos make the game look much better than 09 did but until we see 2k gameplay videos it's hard to even see where Live stands up against the competition; everything looks much improved nonetheless.

# 44 BULLS-eye @ 09/09/09 08:53 PM
I hope they have a good in-game tutorial on everything you can do in the game

# 45 Rocboyz101 @ 09/09/09 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyTouch
It seems amateurish to pronounce "THE KING IS BACK" and other silly little anecdotes .. the videos make the game look much better than 09 did but until we see 2k gameplay videos it's hard to even see where Live stands up against the competition; everything looks much improved nonetheless.
Let people have their fun, you know how it gets when Live drops an impressive video.

# 46 SageInfinite @ 09/09/09 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
O.k. Live is back from what? Back in the day it was the only basketball game to speak of. Then Inside Drive came along and knocked them out of the box. After that, 2k made live, dead. So again, I ask, back from what? Since there has been competition, live hasn't been very competitive.
Back to being competitive? Live 05 was the last good NBA Live game. So I guess it's back to actually being competition.

# 47 ZoneBlitz @ 09/09/09 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
O.k. Live is back from what? Back in the day it was the only basketball game to speak of. Then Inside Drive came along and knocked them out of the box. After that, 2k made live, dead. So again, I ask, back from what? Since there has been competition, live hasn't been very competitive.

Bottomline. Da Czar is stellar as usual. The vids were cool. There is so much more to be revealed before anyone that claims to KNOW anything can say anything. Czar himself has said he needs more time with live to give a more accurate anaylsis. At this point, all one can say is that live 10 is better than the garbage that was live 09, that's about it.
True.

I think Live looks great and I can't wait to see how the demo plays. However, I've gamed long enough to know that all that glitters is not gold. I still want to see how it holds up over time, in addition to what else is available. For me, not seeing the competition would make a commitment premature.

As I say, it seems like it will be a great year for basketball gamers.

Now, I hope I can get that demo at midnight tonight.

# 48 loadleft @ 09/09/09 08:57 PM
For me (an admitted Live fan-boy) I can say FOR ME, Live is King. Oct 6 the wife sleeps on the couch, at whatever point I do go to sleep Live is sleeping with me, LOL.

After that... me and Live probably in the garage!

# 49 ZoneBlitz @ 09/09/09 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadleft
For me (an admitted Live fan-boy) I can say FOR ME, Live is King. Oct 6 the wife sleeps on the couch, at whatever point I do go to sleep Live is sleeping with me, LOL.

LOL!

By the way, did anyone notice that the video also discussed momentum. If that's the case, that can be huge. I also liked what he said about mismatches finally mattering.

One thing I did not like was the animation where Shaq was stripped. It looked weak.

# 50 Gmoney2002 @ 09/09/09 09:03 PM
NovaStar...if you take that Derrick Rose drive near the end of the video and put that up side by side with ANY footage from a previous next gen Live game, you'll know what Live is "Back" from.

# 51 BiggD @ 09/09/09 09:06 PM
Amazing....absolutely amazing!!! if you seriously have any gripes with this video or still think LIVE is behind the "competitor" i'll send you a copy of NBA JAM for SNES because you obviously ain't been watching the NBA

great stuff Czar

P.S. Bullets uniforms! WHOOOOOHOO!!!!!

# 52 marcoyk @ 09/09/09 09:09 PM
Oh man. This game is looking awesome. Great preview Czar. Can't wait to demo it up tomorrow!

# 53 BiggD @ 09/09/09 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadleft

LMAO! Wives just dont understand do they? i'm taking holidays release week thats for sure

# 54 smithdynasty @ 09/09/09 09:20 PM
@Da_Czar

I joined the OS community just to ask you a question.

1. Are there any body to body "dunk-on" animations. Like live 06 or the 2k10 derrick rose on kg video that just dropped

2. Did the dribble to lay-up/dunk animations still seem choppy. Almost like they forgot they could take two steps before they lay the ball up.

# 55 Rules @ 09/09/09 09:32 PM
Where's the defense?

# 56 NBAfan#109287322 @ 09/09/09 09:32 PM
Everybody is talking about Live taking over again, taking over what exactly?? Keeping it on the vid, Live looks awesome, the idea of having that much control is an inovation of NBA games, i didn't see any canned sequences in that vid at all, and string your moves together, wow! With nothing to compare to at present with the 2k10 controls, this is a great feature that could possibly stand alone come release day

# 57 Steve_OS @ 09/09/09 09:33 PM
FYI.

We just opened up our own Youtube account.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrOperationSports

Enjoy.

# 58 J-Unit40 @ 09/09/09 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
FYI.

We just opened up our own Youtube account.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrOperationSports

Enjoy.
OS just keeps growing.

Thanks Steve.

# 59 CoHouse2814 @ 09/09/09 09:34 PM
movement still look robotic looking. and im still not liking the defense against when players shoot the ball. live is back but not that much better

# 60 SageInfinite @ 09/09/09 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
movement still look robotic looking. and im still not liking the defense against when players shoot the ball. live is back but not that much better
I guess live isn't for you this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.