Home
FIFA 10 News Post

For those of you that can grab the FIFA Soccer 10 demo, please post your impressions here.

FIFA Soccer 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA Soccer 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: FIFA Soccer 10Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
FIFA Soccer 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 KG @ 09/11/09 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
After playing about 6 games, it's hard to see any BIG improvement over 09. The much touted 360 dribbling doesn't really seem that noticeable, but it is there. Build up play seems better than before, if you choose to play that way. But passing to the wings and cutting in a cross is still the play of the game. The AI never tried to build up play and instead goes either for a quick pass up the middle, or a cross from the wings. The pace of the game is better than 09..it's slowed a bit and last year's super defense (where everyone was Rio Ferdinand) is toned down. Still, players don't seem to have any momentum at all and turn on a dime and change directions with no loss whatsoever.

And still, old problems persist. Fouls are still almost non-existent. I had two free kicks in three games. Once I played a nice dribble past the last defenseman, only to have him wheel on a dime and stick out his leg and take me down....no call.

Your AI teammates stand there and wait for the pass...and then watch as the CPU defender pushes past them to steal it. This has been going on for years now, and still hasn't been fixed?

Not overly impressed so far. It's a small step forward from 09, and I'm sure if manager mode has been revamped then you can add that as well. But gameplay is still mediocre at best, sadly.
Players had a lot of momentum in '09. That was the big change IMO from '08 to '09. Out of all the EA games I played in '09 FIFA was the only one that got this right.

I never understood this complaint. I have my user-switching 2 clicks from the left and once I pass the ball it switches players fast enough for me to take control of the pass recipient.

# 42 poster @ 09/11/09 10:08 AM
I think what Bahnzo is referring to with passing happens to me from time to time. I had switching at one click from the left which was the default and it isn't too bad. More frustrating when playing Manual passing as it is hard enough.

I still need more time, but as a single player playing against the CPU not much has changed. All these teams play the same, still see everything funneled forward. There are three parts of the pitch where action occurs, in this game there are two. Middle is non-existent, always has been in next gen FIFA. Back and forth, never any possession or control from the CPU. Always rushing forward.

Bahnzo also brought up attacking, and I also see the same stale way all teams attack. It is cool that the ball action is improved on crosses, but that doesn't mask the fact it is the way the CPU most often attacks. No fun in that for me.

I did see a couple more fouls called and liked the referee giving warnings for the most part after the first bad challenge instead of going straight to the card. Improvement there for sure. Still don't think enough fouls will be called. They introduce this great new set piece editor, but you won't get to use it much. What is the point then?

Asked Marcel at the EA forums if there are more slots for tactics this year (28 last year I think), and also if we can change the CPU tactics in MM for example. No response so I assume that is a no and another thing they don't even realize is a flaw, or they overlooked it for more online additions.

Tactics did nothing last year anyways as again all teams played the same for the most part. So once again how will MM be any better when teams play the same way? I think this goes back to what phillyfan said, in that the players are programmed by position and are static to that area of the pitch. At least the CPU controlled players are. I never see FB's attack the length of the pitch for example, they seem to give the ball up at a certain point. Only danger is the attacking forwards and mids.

The game does alot right and is fun, but it fails to represent alot of what is great about the sport and the tactical beauty of the game. I will keep giving the demo a run, but not looking good from my end at this point.

# 43 Bruins @ 09/11/09 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I had switching at one click from the left which was the default and it isn't too bad.
I beleive two clicks from the left is the default.

# 44 Qb @ 09/11/09 10:37 AM
Completely forgot that I was supposed to move to Europe yesterday. I guess I'll have to hop a flight across the pond today after work...

# 45 phillyfan23 @ 09/11/09 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamtino
You sure you downloaded the FIFA 10 demo?

The AI is clearly much improved from last year, its actually challenging this time around...Sure its not up to par with PES but its not that far behind anymore...
nah i downloaded fifa 2000...what was i thinking??

seriously though, this game to me still lacks the A.I. I play 95 percent offline so cpu A.I is the most important thing for me.

just doesn't cut it. fifa 09 was a challenge for me, so I have no complaints there about 10, it's just the cpu is very predictable in the way they play and too static. i explained it all with my first post in the 1st page .....

PES A.I is very dynamic and fifa is still far behind IMO....

it's a shame really because at this point, that's the ONLY thing PES has over FIFA....everything else, fifa wins hands down .

because of that i didn't really dig PES last year....the animations blew chunks, pacing was off,graphics were sub-par.

So for me it's who either takes it to the next level?

Fifa's Ai or PES' gfx/animations. Who ever reaches that level 1st will be the better game. Hopefully, PES will accomplish that in their next iteration. we'll see....

# 46 boritter @ 09/11/09 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
Hopefully, PES will accomplish that in their next iteration. we'll see....
I have given up all hope of PES (and NCAA) being good on this generation. Maybe on the Xbox720 or PS4.

And to stay on topic, approx. 10 games later and I still love the demo.

# 47 chiva100 @ 09/11/09 12:36 PM
AWESOME
I cant wait till it comes out on October.
I really like the controls it has a more realistic feel to it. The thing i like most is the improvement on the GK AI I had trouble in the first match cuz the goalkeeper is fast at reactions. I just love how the game got better.

# 48 therizing02 @ 09/11/09 12:58 PM
After about 10 games this demo really does nothing for me. The CPU STILL plays the same. Way too many stupid shots from impossible angles, route one football and no midfield battle. How does Barcelona have 15 shots in this short of a game?

-I'm not seeing much difference in the physical part of the game. Fouls are about the same from what I've seen so far. The advantage rule has been tuned for the better and I like the warning, but if the number of fouls are not increased what is the point of having a set piece creator that's rarely used? Hopefully it plays out better in the retail version with longer halves.

-It's apparent that the CTT will have to be adjusted to make the game somewhat playable....again. It helped a little bit last year. The problem with this though is that there will probably be a limited number of slots to save tactics.

-There is still way too much dribbling because the field/pitch is too big which creates a lot of space. Football is a passing game NOT a stick jockeying skill/trick moves game!

-Same as FIFA 09 and 08. As soon as the CPU misses a shot I can get the ball to a striker at midfield with a 30 yard ground pass. The back 4 NEEDS to push up higher! It's way too easy to get the ball through the middle of the field into the attacking third. This is another reason why there are so many shots.

Every CPU possession(it seems anyway):

Get it to the ST in midfield, pass to winger, sprint down sidelines and either cross or 1 pass back for a ridiculous shot from 25 yards.

-I do like the new shooting mechanic. It's actually not new but it has been tuned for the better.

-I'm still not seeing how the 360 movement is helping.

It is early and if we've learned anything over the last two years is that it takes a good amount of time to figure out the game. Hopefully it's the same this year and the game starts to grow on me.

# 49 Lubey @ 09/11/09 01:14 PM
The biggest thing is improved player control. I can actually get my players to do what I want them to. Too often I would throw my hands up and yell 'NO' at the tv last year. That hasn't happened at all so far this year.

# 50 Bruins @ 09/11/09 02:37 PM

# 51 Matt10 @ 09/11/09 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
After about 10 games this demo really does nothing for me. The CPU STILL plays the same. Way too many stupid shots from impossible angles, route one football and no midfield battle. How does Barcelona have 15 shots in this short of a game?

-I'm not seeing much difference in the physical part of the game. Fouls are about the same from what I've seen so far. The advantage rule has been tuned for the better and I like the warning, but if the number of fouls are not increased what is the point of having a set piece creator that's rarely used? Hopefully it plays out better in the retail version with longer halves.

-It's apparent that the CTT will have to be adjusted to make the game somewhat playable....again. It helped a little bit last year. The problem with this though is that there will probably be a limited number of slots to save tactics.

-There is still way too much dribbling because the field/pitch is too big which creates a lot of space. Football is a passing game NOT a stick jockeying skill/trick moves game!

-Same as FIFA 09 and 08. As soon as the CPU misses a shot I can get the ball to a striker at midfield with a 30 yard ground pass. The back 4 NEEDS to push up higher! It's way too easy to get the ball through the middle of the field into the attacking third. This is another reason why there are so many shots.

Get it to the ST in midfield, pass to winger, sprint down sidelines and either cross or 1 pass back for a ridiculous shot from 25 yards.

-I do like the new shooting mechanic. It's actually not new but it has been tuned for the better.

It is early and if we've learned anything over the last two years is that it takes a good amount of time to figure out the game. Hopefully it's the same this year and the game starts to grow on me.
Oi, that's not good. Riz, I value your opinion so here's to hoping the retail version comes out with everything you said fixed.

# 52 KG @ 09/11/09 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
http://www.easports.com/static/110.2...ediaplayer.swf width=640 height=360 type=application/x-shockwave-flash flashvars="height=360&width=640&file=http://cdn.content.easports.com/media2/fifa10/311077/742A0001_1_FLV_VIDEO_Olh.flv&link=http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9150390&linkfromdisplay=true&linktarget=_top&image=" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent">EA Sports: FIFA 10 DEMO: Chelsea 2 - 1 Juventus
That cross looked like the one Drogba hit vs Sunderland.

# 53 Qb @ 09/11/09 06:09 PM
Well, UK account is up & running and download has started. I may or may not have amused myself by using the Arsenal corporate HQ zip code and front desk phone number. Will check back later...

# 54 Bruins @ 09/11/09 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
That cross looked like the one Drogba hit vs Sunderland.
Except mine was meant to be a cross. You can't really tell from that angle ('Broadcast'), but it was bending towards Joe Cole.

I'm having a blast with this demo, being able to do things I couldn't pull off in '09 is great.

# 55 Bruins @ 09/11/09 06:48 PM

# 56 ezio @ 09/11/09 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
Nice goal I really liked the way Camo (I think it was him brought the ball and then scored.

# 57 Bahnzo @ 09/11/09 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Players had a lot of momentum in '09. That was the big change IMO from '08 to '09. Out of all the EA games I played in '09 FIFA was the only one that got this right.

I never understood this complaint. I have my user-switching 2 clicks from the left and once I pass the ball it switches players fast enough for me to take control of the pass recipient.
I still don't think players have as much momentum as they should have. Especially the CPU. Playing some more games, I've come to notice it for the human, but the CPU still defies physics most times. I'd like to see more.

Sorry, but they still stand around waiting for passes, while the CPU does not. I get that you can control your guy who is receiving the pass, but most times you don't gain control of him as soon as is needed to make the move to the ball. The AI should be making the move for you before you take control. Again, the CPU does this perfectly on their end, so it's in there...just not programmed for the Human team.

I have to maybe take back the stuff I said about not enough fouls. In the many games I played last nite, I started to see more. It's dependant on the official it seems tho. Some swallow the whistle and some put their stamp on the game.....this should be a good thing. Keeping fingers crossed it's in the final.

# 58 Whitesox @ 09/11/09 09:00 PM

Never done this before, this was ment to be a cross.

# 59 Bahnzo @ 09/11/09 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Well, UK account is up & running and download has started. I may or may not have amused myself by using the Arsenal corporate HQ zip code and front desk phone number. Will check back later...
Talk to me next time QB. A regular dvd and the right knowledge is much easier than wasting a free gold account on downloading a demo

# 60 Bahnzo @ 09/11/09 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02

Lots of stuff that I see also. Riz and I wear the same goggles

Teams again play all the same. Without many more slots for the CTT's, this can't be fixed. I don't get it? why not give us 100 slots? Screw those people that don't have hard drives (so they can't store enough)...don't punish those of us smart enough to purchase more than the basic console.

I do think fouls might be better Riz..I was starting to see more in the games I played last nite. Seems the ref is a factor in this.

Easy passing....NHL 10 needs to talk to FIFA.

Speaking of NHL10....FIFA needs to be developed in Europe, with someone like a David Ritter (ie: former professional) at the helm. Do you think NHL would be as good as it is, if it was made in France instead of Canada?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.