Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

SEPTEMBER 11, 2009 - Electronic Arts announced today that a playable demo of NBA LIVE 10 is now available for download on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace for all Xbox LIVE Gold Subscribers. Play as the Orlando Magic or the Los Angeles Lakers and re-write, or relive, last year’s NBA Finals match-up. The demo will be available to Xbox LIVE Silver members and on the PLAYSTATION® Network™ on September 17th, 2009.

With a renewed focus on creating an authentic 5 on 5 basketball videogame experience, NBA LIVE 10 introduces a myriad of gameplay improvements to the long running franchise. Computer controlled players will now move and react like their real life counterparts with enhanced player A.I. (artificial intelligence), and authentic, team-specific playbooks. In addition, all new dribbling, passing and shooting systems now give users more control over individual players than ever before seen in the franchise. Gamers can now control every movement as they break down a defender on the perimeter, drive to the basket, and finish at the basket using their left or right hand. From dishing no look passes to releasing a step back shot early or late to avoid a block from a defender, NBA LIVE 10 lets you to create highlight reel plays on your terms.

NBA LIVE 10 also features significant improvements in the franchises overall presentation. Arena specific lighting and crowd behaviors, signature pre-game rituals and celebrations, evolving storylines, and an all new broadcast package are just some of the many enhancements that will ensure that NBA LIVE 10 looks and sounds like a real life NBA game.

Powered by Dynamic DNA, NBA LIVE 10 will use the latest stats, rosters and tendencies for all the players and teams in the NBA*. With data supplied by Synergy Sports Technology – the premier analytics provider for over 25 NBA teams, Dynamic DNA allows NBA LIVE 10 to provide the most authentic basketball simulation experience in a videogame to date.

For more information, please visit http://nba-live.easports.com/home.action.

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Tha_Kid @ 09/11/09 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
Previous Live games felt "strange" to me. The animations never looked smooth at all, and especially on dunks it felt like people jumped and came down way too fast. Thoughts? I hate having to wait until next week (ps3 user)
Animations are all around much smoother, though i've still seen 1 or 2 "rocket dunks" and a couple awkward layup animations (reverse layups).

# 62 Nuggets4life @ 09/11/09 07:06 AM
I love the demo so far. Only 2 complaints.

1. In the Hangar, Melo did a few rocketship dunks. Like no gather, just jump in the air. You would think he's Lebron

2. Kobe fadeaway has me dying of laughter. It just looks so weird.

Besides that, I love the demo. Animations are nice, love the presentation, and Melo feels like Melo besides the few dunks. ITS A BUY!

# 63 Gmoney2002 @ 09/11/09 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
Animations are all around much smoother, though i've still seen 1 or 2 "rocket dunks" and a couple awkward layup animations (reverse layups).
Cosign. For the most part Furq, they are much smoother than in years past. Lebron did one of those "Rocket dunks" in the hangar but I've only seen it once so that's not frequent enough for it to be an issue.

# 64 ronnieb @ 09/11/09 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnieb
xbox live member here from europe no demo for the moment any info ?
devs please if you know tell us.
im not mentaly prepare to wait another week

cancel previous post
ok i got it on the site can t wait !

# 65 wbranson1 @ 09/11/09 07:09 AM
yeah just played 2 games on allstar and game is way much more challenging then in the past.... first gm i used magic and kobe was killing us then next gm i switched to the lakers and vince was killing us.....

i want to play more but will get like 2 hours of sleep first LOL

but definate improvement from live 09... i will have more thoughts on it later as i play more but my first impressions are that im REALLY impressed!

GREAT JOB EA!

# 66 Nuggets4life @ 09/11/09 07:09 AM
I think being that this is the first good live in a while, that we're in the shock factor mode and maybe praising it to much, including me. After a day or 2 after we played 100000 times, I'm sure we can give a few judgement on the demo.

# 67 bateman11 @ 09/11/09 07:12 AM
Nice impressions, keep them coming.

Ill be able to play tonight

# 68 Playmakers @ 09/11/09 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshood
Amazing!!!

Love how Fluid the Animations are and the Graphics are Incredible.

NBA Live is Back and Better than Ever!!!
I downloaded it right after I got off work. It definetly feels much more fluid than any other version I've played on Next Gen.

I mainly just wanted to check and see if I could get the defense to react better and I think it's safe to say that issue can be resolved with simple tweaks that fit my desired preferance for game play.

Ball handling is sick but the cpu gets too sloppy at times passing. Overall even though I didn't play a lot of the demo 20 minutes at the most I'd say this game is about a 90%.......it can't be 100% because no game is perfect but it definetly took another step up this year from Live 09.

I'm not a huge fan of demo versions but it gave me a much better idea now of the game. Can't waite for the Final version so i can really take advantage of the gameplay options this year.

Kudos to EA for stepping it up 2 years straight something I haven't experienced since Live 05 and 06.

# 69 bigeastbumrush @ 09/11/09 07:14 AM
This game is the TRUTH!!

Man, I just had this give and go from Pietrus to VC for a throwdown!

I had a couple of WOW moments. One was Gasol just sending my shot back into next week with a sweet block.

Man, Czar was giving y'all the real deal. I got stripped so many times using Dwight Howard just trying to dribble in the lane instead of simply backing down.

I might get one more game in before I go to work but damn. When I get home, I'm working on Locomotion because I really don't understand it right now. The only thing that really concerns me at this point is getting used to the Momentum. Kobe got called out of bounds once when he was trying to receive a pass.

But as far as the demo goes....this is top shelf right here.

Wish I knew how to change the camera angle. But you get used to it.

I'm gonna have some fun with this. Geez.

Mike/Steph/anyone-
what is the figure that comes up on the left side of the screen during free-throws? Is that for subs and strategy?

# 70 rockchisler @ 09/11/09 07:15 AM
I think it will be hard for people to cheese on this game..

# 71 4UP @ 09/11/09 07:17 AM
Just wondering, how big is the download?

# 72 DaoudS @ 09/11/09 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
As far as graphics... I know Live had had nice graphics, but my issue has been that similar to Fifa the visual style itself was cartoonish looking. It's one reason I felt that 2k looked closer to a TV broadcast because their players had more definition to them. Could anyone comment on that too?
that part of the graphics was a worry for me too but you can tell who is who on the court. They don't look cartoonish at all nor do they have chicken legs they had a couple of years ago. My only complaint is that the hoop looks a bit too big - maybe i am just used to the congestion of 2K. Man this demo is amazing. I have been in the hanger now for quite a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
I sure hope so. I wish you could play defense in the hanger as well.

# 73 bigeastbumrush @ 09/11/09 07:19 AM
BTW, with the pace of the game, this is gonna have to be played in 12 minute quarters.

The CPU runs their offense.

The days of the user just pick & rolling his way to the hole are over.

There is collision. Mostly on layup attempts.

Adjusted shots are there.

# 74 DaoudS @ 09/11/09 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4UP
Just wondering, how big is the download?
720 mbs i believe.

# 75 bigeastbumrush @ 09/11/09 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Yep. You can't just shoulder your way too the hole. Or "freestyle" your way to the hole.

The man in front of you guards you. And the Help D is nasty.

The put a hell of a product together. Imagine when we get the retail.

# 76 bigboy75 @ 09/11/09 07:30 AM
Not your cup of tea, so be it but to me......Gold Jerry! Pure gold!!!! (Sorry for the Seinfeld reference).

# 77 RubenDouglas @ 09/11/09 07:32 AM
few things that caught my eye..

the bad:
-vince carter went into this "big man" style shaq-esque dunk as he laid a facial on derek fisher.. a two handed monster power dunk.. the change in animation wasnt too clear. we can definetly expect these weird animation hiccups.. just thought id mention it.

-two out of maybe 20 cpu possessions so far have been where the CPU holds the ball for 20 seconds as theres no movement at all and they chuck up a 35 foot three.

-derek fisher syndrome? I leave him open for just an instance and he drives at will, never making a shot, half of them getting blocked.. everything here on ALL PRO btw (fisher 1-6. kobe 3-5. artest 0-4)

-on occassion, it feels like I can wreckless use TURBO+ RIGHT STICK movements to get in the paint with vince carter, almost on a cheesy level. too much sliding? not enough animations there? not sure right now.. good news and ill say it here, more often than not, you force a bad shot and a TO. you cant win with this method of play

the good:
-no joke. I had a player who wasnt looking at me as he was moving around a screen and cutting. I pass it and the ball misses him. You truly have to watch what your teammates are doing out there. they wont magically warp and move to get open.

-i bumped fisher as hes going up court. he was rather close to the out of bounds line and he infact does go out and throws the ball up in the air as hes going out.

-kobe forces me baseline and I do too much dribbling and just run the ball out of bounds as he anticipates my every move.. no animations here that kept me in bounds.. user error caught finally

-kobe's midrange game is tough to guard...

-howard tipped a rebound to himself and dunked it back home.. sickening lol

more impressions to come.

# 78 DaoudS @ 09/11/09 07:37 AM
this is my first live game since the late 90s and it will take a while for me to get used to the controls and camera view.

# 79 bigeastbumrush @ 09/11/09 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Ugh, everything seems like a chore in this game...

-Since you have to hold B to call for a screen (and if you let go of B, the screener rolls/pops), you can't use the right analog stick to make moves while the screen is in place

-Every time I try to pass to someone with icon passing, I switch to that player. I don't want to do all that, I just want to pass him the ball

-You can't body up on a defender like you could in Live 09... don't know why, it was a great animation and feature

-Like I feared, it's hard to pull up for a short stop-and-pop fadeaway jumper right outside the paint-- you end up shooting a layup instead

-Every time I tried to call for an iso, I ended up doing so and then immediately throwing an alley-oop

Not to mention the fact that I wasn't feeling the player likenesses at all-- don't look like themselves in the face IMO. The crowd is good, though... but I hated the music, ugh...

I had more fun in the hangar than in the actual 5-on-5 tbh.

Now go ahead. Flame me, make fun of me, all because I didn't enjoy the demo.
Shocking...

Anyway...had another game. Enjoyed it.

Figured out the icons during FTs...which are for subs and the like.

Man, I've been getting stripped left and right. Too much dribbling.

Anyways...I'm off to work. Can't wait to fire it back up tonight.

# 80 cvandy25 @ 09/11/09 07:39 AM
Do you have to be an XBOX LIVE GOLD member to download the demo?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.