Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

SEPTEMBER 11, 2009 - Electronic Arts announced today that a playable demo of NBA LIVE 10 is now available for download on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace for all Xbox LIVE Gold Subscribers. Play as the Orlando Magic or the Los Angeles Lakers and re-write, or relive, last year’s NBA Finals match-up. The demo will be available to Xbox LIVE Silver members and on the PLAYSTATION® Network™ on September 17th, 2009.

With a renewed focus on creating an authentic 5 on 5 basketball videogame experience, NBA LIVE 10 introduces a myriad of gameplay improvements to the long running franchise. Computer controlled players will now move and react like their real life counterparts with enhanced player A.I. (artificial intelligence), and authentic, team-specific playbooks. In addition, all new dribbling, passing and shooting systems now give users more control over individual players than ever before seen in the franchise. Gamers can now control every movement as they break down a defender on the perimeter, drive to the basket, and finish at the basket using their left or right hand. From dishing no look passes to releasing a step back shot early or late to avoid a block from a defender, NBA LIVE 10 lets you to create highlight reel plays on your terms.

NBA LIVE 10 also features significant improvements in the franchises overall presentation. Arena specific lighting and crowd behaviors, signature pre-game rituals and celebrations, evolving storylines, and an all new broadcast package are just some of the many enhancements that will ensure that NBA LIVE 10 looks and sounds like a real life NBA game.

Powered by Dynamic DNA, NBA LIVE 10 will use the latest stats, rosters and tendencies for all the players and teams in the NBA*. With data supplied by Synergy Sports Technology – the premier analytics provider for over 25 NBA teams, Dynamic DNA allows NBA LIVE 10 to provide the most authentic basketball simulation experience in a videogame to date.

For more information, please visit http://nba-live.easports.com/home.action.

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1221 tcain80 @ 09/27/09 10:09 PM
Gave the demo another chance, and it's starting to grow on me for sure. One problem is that way too many crazy shots go in. I can brick an open jumper on one possession and then nail an off handed, heavily contested leaner on the next. And I honestly think the graphics are well behind 2k, and that bother me quite a bit. The poor lighting, the shading on the players, the darkened crowds....I just can't get used to it.

# 1222 NDIrish98 @ 09/27/09 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcain80
Gave the demo another chance, and it's starting to grow on me for sure. One problem is that way too many crazy shots go in. I can brick an open jumper on one possession and then nail an off handed, heavily contested leaner on the next. And I honestly think the graphics are well behind 2k, and that bother me quite a bit. The poor lighting, the shading on the players, the darkened crowds....I just can't get used to it.
if your talking about poor lighting, if your playing w/ the Lakers, dont the Lakers play w/ the lights dimmed on the crowd? i havent really noticed poor lighting, but i do like the graphics this year, think the players look more proportioned and more lifelike than 'the other game'. all in all, i still dont think you're gonna go wrong w/ either game this year. but the more you play Live, the more it grows on you, and that's what i think people aren't doing, is giving it enough time and learn the controls.

# 1223 bls @ 09/27/09 10:45 PM
Quote:
You sure you didn't download 09 by mistake???

# 1224 tanner99 @ 09/27/09 11:03 PM
the crowd is dark in the staples arena just like in real life. nothing wrong there.

# 1225 tcain80 @ 09/27/09 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
You sure you didn't download 09 by mistake???
No, I swear man I'm playing on all star and if the defense is heavy or there's a double team, the shot seems actually more likely to go in, especially end of the quarter shots. Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner99
the crowd is dark in the staples arena just like in real life. nothing wrong there.
Yeah, that's true, forgot about that.

# 1226 tcain80 @ 09/27/09 11:33 PM
I'll tell ya though, this is a huge jump from one year to the next. Glad I gave the demo another shot, because I'm finding it really fun this time around.

# 1227 VDusen04 @ 09/28/09 12:56 AM
Awfully fun. I'll note just one of the small things I thought was cool - the adjustable atmospheres. I think the options were "exibition", "playoffs", and "finals". That option's been a long time coming in a basketball game.

I like that the rims appear to breakaway on two hand, hanging power dunks the way they should (2k's do not feel as if they go down far enough). The problem I get (most noticeable in the hangar because that's the only place I've been able to do those dunks at length) is that those rims do not snap back as quick as they should. It sounds so petty, I know, but it's just one of those strange things that catches my attention everytime it happens.

I love those blue mid-90's Orlando retros.

All in all pretty solid. Swooping into the lane for a one-hand tomahawk feels delicious. Which reminds me, is there a way to influence what type of dunk a player pulls off (reverse, 360, power)?

# 1228 RipCity71252 @ 09/28/09 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Awfully fun. I'll note just one of the small things I thought was cool - the adjustable atmospheres. I think the options were "exibition", "playoffs", and "finals". That option's been a long time coming in a basketball game.

I like that the rims appear to breakaway on two hand, hanging power dunks the way they should (2k's do not feel as if they go down far enough). The problem I get (most noticeable in the hangar because that's the only place I've been able to do those dunks at length) is that those rims do not snap back as quick as they should. It sounds so petty, I know, but it's just one of those strange things that catches my attention everytime it happens.

I love those blue mid-90's Orlando retros.

All in all pretty solid. Swooping into the lane for a one-hand tomahawk feels delicious. Which reminds me, is there a way to influence what type of dunk a player pulls off (reverse, 360, power)?
You can't control the type of dunk you do, all contextual and momentum based.

Here's the blog from EA on controls.
http://www.easports.com/blogs/nbaliv...ng-on-the-demo

# 1229 NDIrish98 @ 09/28/09 01:40 AM
k, so i just played the demo again, got the ball down low with fisher, goes for the layup, dhoward comes up and and swats the ball into the backboard HARD, i mean, it just slams the backboard and goes to foul line or farther. had to say, i was like "wtf, that's awesome".

# 1230 blues rocker @ 09/28/09 09:59 AM
Quote:
The darkened crowd is actually MORE realistic because that is how the Lakers arena is lit in real life. Live's graphics are better than 2k in pretty much every respect, so I don't know what you're talking about. I think you are just used to 2k's graphics and aren't used to Live's more realistic lighting. Live's colors also are more vibrant and more accurate (in the 2k vids I've seen, 2k's color is really muted and dulled down for some reason - all the players in 2k have dull, almost grey skin, like they're zombies or something).

The only thing that bothers me about Live's graphics is that the anatomy and proportions of their player models are not quite right (the player arms are especially awkward - oddly shaped forearms and deltoid muscles...also many players have arms that are too bulky. On many players their heads are also too small for their body).

# 1231 VDusen04 @ 09/28/09 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCity71252
You can't control the type of dunk you do, all contextual and momentum based.

Here's the blog from EA on controls.
http://www.easports.com/blogs/nbaliv...ng-on-the-demo
Thank you. It's fun to control but on the other hand, the contextual feel seems to be on point in the demo and it kind of provides an element of surprise. Like I said before, it's fun on this game to just get to the hole and rise up on someone. Very satisfying.

# 1232 TerryP @ 09/28/09 01:23 PM
Has anyone else noticed some slow down on the PS3 demo? I've played both and have never noticed any in the 360 version.

# 1233 babythug23 @ 09/28/09 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP
Has anyone else noticed some slow down on the PS3 demo? I've played both and have never noticed any in the 360 version.
Yea and also the controls don't seem as tight. Seem like ps3 verison of any game is not as good as 360. Which sucks because i trust my ps3 alot more than the 360

# 1234 NDIrish98 @ 09/28/09 06:08 PM
just wanted to post this, i was playing the demo today, and after getting the rebound, Artest chucked it up 3/4 court at the buzzer and swished it, pretty sure thats the first over half court shot ive ever seen made, ever. every time i play the demo, i see something different or new, and i'm truly loving it.

edit: Artest was on the cpu team.

# 1235 DaChosenOne @ 09/28/09 11:28 PM
Ive seen the same animation 2 many times

# 1236 tcain80 @ 09/28/09 11:57 PM
Another nitpick is that there are too many cpu deflections and steals. I drive through the lane with Fisher or Bryant and it gets slapped away wayyy too often, while the cpu will drive the lane while I'm mashing the steal button and nothing happens.

Not game ruining, but bothersome.

# 1237 tanner99 @ 09/29/09 12:07 AM
Quote:
Another nitpick is that there are too many cpu deflections and steals. I drive through the lane with Fisher or Bryant and it gets slapped away wayyy too often, while the cpu will drive the lane while I'm mashing the steal button and nothing happens.

Not game ruining, but bothersome.
yeah i hate that too. it could either get fixed in the final version or we can fix it with sliders. not too big of a problem.

# 1238 The 24th Letter @ 09/29/09 12:21 AM
I dont know if I mentioned this, but I do love the little yells people do when they drive and get contacted...really adds to the game...

# 1239 tanner99 @ 09/29/09 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I dont know if I mentioned this, but I do love the little yells people do when they drive and get contacted...really adds to the game...
yeah its awesome

# 1240 tcain80 @ 09/29/09 12:25 AM
The great thing about this game for me is that I love the perimeter game. To me, hitting a sweet jumper beats getting a big dunk any day of the week. That's why I didn't buy either game last year, Live was weak and the perimeter game had issues in 2k.

This year though, the fadeaways and leaners in Live look awesome and the whole perimeter game flows really well. I like that you can basically take a contested jumper whenever you want instead of constantly trying to avoid getting blocked.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.