Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

SEPTEMBER 11, 2009 - Electronic Arts announced today that a playable demo of NBA LIVE 10 is now available for download on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace for all Xbox LIVE Gold Subscribers. Play as the Orlando Magic or the Los Angeles Lakers and re-write, or relive, last year’s NBA Finals match-up. The demo will be available to Xbox LIVE Silver members and on the PLAYSTATION® Network™ on September 17th, 2009.

With a renewed focus on creating an authentic 5 on 5 basketball videogame experience, NBA LIVE 10 introduces a myriad of gameplay improvements to the long running franchise. Computer controlled players will now move and react like their real life counterparts with enhanced player A.I. (artificial intelligence), and authentic, team-specific playbooks. In addition, all new dribbling, passing and shooting systems now give users more control over individual players than ever before seen in the franchise. Gamers can now control every movement as they break down a defender on the perimeter, drive to the basket, and finish at the basket using their left or right hand. From dishing no look passes to releasing a step back shot early or late to avoid a block from a defender, NBA LIVE 10 lets you to create highlight reel plays on your terms.

NBA LIVE 10 also features significant improvements in the franchises overall presentation. Arena specific lighting and crowd behaviors, signature pre-game rituals and celebrations, evolving storylines, and an all new broadcast package are just some of the many enhancements that will ensure that NBA LIVE 10 looks and sounds like a real life NBA game.

Powered by Dynamic DNA, NBA LIVE 10 will use the latest stats, rosters and tendencies for all the players and teams in the NBA*. With data supplied by Synergy Sports Technology – the premier analytics provider for over 25 NBA teams, Dynamic DNA allows NBA LIVE 10 to provide the most authentic basketball simulation experience in a videogame to date.

For more information, please visit http://nba-live.easports.com/home.action.

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 RubenDouglas @ 09/11/09 08:56 AM
In game 'practice' may be the only place I will be. Throw in a real defender and animations based on defensive positions, and its truly hard to replicate the moves in the hangar/practice mode

hangar practice mode is nice, but im getting better with true in game "scrimmage" practices... With defenders bumping you, you open up so many more animations

# 122 fffffffff9 @ 09/11/09 08:57 AM
Wow, Live...wow.

Wow.

Definitely set the bar for control in a basketball game. I can't go back to anything less.

Speaking of anything less, try comparing Live 10 to 07. Major props to the developers and EA for finally turning it around.

# 123 DirtyJerz32 @ 09/11/09 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
In game 'practice' may be the only place I will be. Throw in a real defender and animations based on defensive positions, and its truly hard to replicate the moves in the hangar/practice mode

hangar practice mode is nice, but im getting better with true in game "scrimmage" practices... With defenders bumping you, you open up so many more animations
I hope they have the different practice types like they did last year in the academy. That would be great place to practice all of the new moves against a defender.

# 124 Wiffyjustus @ 09/11/09 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal101
It is the finished product, all demos usually are the finished product minus a few tweaks, sorry had to comment on this, people make the same comment every year.

I dont know about them setting a new standard though, i think they definitely set a new standard in Nba live next gen bball but not bball gaming in general. I already put in my preorder for nba 2k but i might purchase live also, i'll probably rent it before i buy it just to be sure.
Fair enough, I'm a bit overexcited perhaps. It's all hype and excitement at a new product right now. I'm sure it'll pass.

I'm sorry, but I just think live 10 is awesome and I wished to express it.

And fair enough about it being practically the finished product too. I imagine the difference to the final product is just a bit of spit and polish.

Some specific thoughts on the demo...

-The freestyle passing feels great.

-Each possession seems to have a natural flow... the broken plays feel very authentic

-Passing to a cutter is great, they catch it mid-stride and their cut/lay-up. This really stood out to me as in previous iterations the cutter would always stop dead in their tracks. Great improvement from 09.

-I don't really know what I'm doing in the post. (S'pose I'll have to go read the instructions of something crazy like that.)

# 125 DC @ 09/11/09 09:04 AM
Marcus out of these which is the best for us sim dudes?

All-Star = for the hardcore sim gamers
Superstar = for the ultra-hardcore

Is the AI on Superstar CHEAP? What is the difference between the two? Usually the hardest level is the cheapest. I know I played 2K9 on All Star last year. Never HOF

# 126 Checmate101 @ 09/11/09 09:06 AM
Anybody watched cpu vs cpu yet?

# 127 iLLosophy @ 09/11/09 09:07 AM
After 4 Games:

The Bad
I've YET to see someone run over to their guy once they fight their way past a screen. I should never see Ron Artest lazily walking up to his guy after he gets screened.

The Good:
It takes some getting used to but the locomotion & freestyle controls are nice. I still don't know how to do all the stuff in the game yet, (like effectively post up - I always end up trying to dribble around the defender which ends up in a steal)

# 128 Pared @ 09/11/09 09:07 AM
Guys... if you don't have an impression, don't post. Attacking each other is going to lead to infractions.

Only warning. Keep the thread on track.

# 129 NBAfan#109287322 @ 09/11/09 09:10 AM
No impressions yet, i have ps3 so i gotta wait, if anyone has game vids from the demo post em if possible

# 130 videobastard @ 09/11/09 09:12 AM
I put it on all star and like how its not easy to get to the rim. I have to get use to the controls. But im having a lot of fun with this game.

The one thing im not liking from the gameplay is there are too many steals. I would have to tone them down with some sliders. Its like everybody is gary payton in his prime.

# 131 Checmate101 @ 09/11/09 09:13 AM
I think i'ma go head and try to mess with these sliders a bit..

# 132 DaoudS @ 09/11/09 09:18 AM
i am going to play on rookie to try to get used to the play books. I can't get a right pick and roll or a solid iso

# 133 chello97217 @ 09/11/09 09:19 AM
Decent game. Control over your offensive player is amazing. Not sure i like the defense much it didn't feel like i was able to get in position to body up the defender and really force him to any side of the court or really stop him from getting to where he wanted outside of bumping him a little right outside the paint.

Shooting animations still seem a little off but better then last year.

You seem to be able to dunk from under the hoop with anyone who can dunk not sure i like this.

Really a control shock when you come from 2k completely different buttons.

Not being able to shoot when you have LT down hurt me a few times out of habit.

I'm going to have to rent this and get a feel for playing with my Blazers before i can really give it a yes or no but overall it's a better basketball game then last year.

6.5/10 From what I've seen. Of course that's only the demo so final build will be a bit more polished and you'll be able to play around and experience the full game.

# 134 renewill27 @ 09/11/09 09:19 AM
Smoothest player in the hanger,by far carmelo.

# 135 Abnormal101 @ 09/11/09 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Again, why are trying to dismiss someone elses opinion. Not one person is stating fact here. Everything here is someone elses opinion. Not everyone is going to agree with them. You are one of those people. So again I ask you. What gives you the right to bash someone elses opinion?
I'm not trying to dismiss anyones opinions, if you haven't noticed, this is a forum. What people do in a forum is discuss, debate, talk about opinions, observations, etc. The purpose of a forum or discussion board isn't to have someone post something and then have no one acknowledge it. Sorry I dont type what you want to hear or only positive things. I'm by no means a 2k fanboy, i even stated that NBA live is a good game and actually owned it last year. I'm just an honest observer and if someone posts something i feel to be unfair or blown out of proportion, i'll express my opinion and call it out.

# 136 Abnormal101 @ 09/11/09 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Guys... if you don't have an impression, don't post. Attacking each other is going to lead to infractions.

Only warning. Keep the thread on track.
No problem, not attacking anyone just expressing my opinion.

# 137 chello97217 @ 09/11/09 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
More gripes:

-It says you can use the left stick to choose who you want to set your screen, but I'm not seeing how

-Still can't get the icon passing. It's WAY more of a chore than it should be to actually pass the ball rather than switch to that player

-CPU offense is stagnant a lot, just one player standing around for way too long (I understand guards dribble at the top of the key and look for cutters, but the AI wasted way too much time doing that)

-I can still win every tip with ease... come on...

Layup solutions are badass, though
I had zero problem with Passing Icons at all i don't know what your doing and i come from 2k as you do.

Dribbling the ball too much up top i didn't notice that much but i think all B Ball games have this issue i can remember many of times in 2k the PG dribbling up top for 15 secs or more lol.

Solid game not ready to take the crown yet but a good stepping stone to next year.

# 138 ZoneBlitz @ 09/11/09 09:23 AM
Positive
Atmosphere - Awesome: really immerses you in the game with crowd and arena noises, excellent job
Graphics - Really good player models and faces
Animations - I like the way the players seem to interact realistically with the ball and with each other; the physics of the ball and their body movements is really good
Player Momentum - While it feels hard to control your player at times and you wonder what he is doing, the momentum thing - once you get the hang of it, will probably be good
Lighting - You can see everyone - LOL

Negative
Basketball Sounds - terrible bouncing ball sound during the game, awful rim sounds, that really sucks
Minor Clipping - rarely saw it but a few times my player just went through another player
Commentary - although it has its high moments, sometimes it seems simple

Not Sure
At times it seems choppy - as if the frame-rate is not always at 60fps

Overall
It seems like it will be a great game. I am impressed with it. Of course, I'll wait to see what the competition has to offer. However, it does seem like a good game and a definite major improvement over NBA Live's of the past.

# 139 Pared @ 09/11/09 09:25 AM
I'm really, really liking a lot... but I'm also NOT liking a bit.

Love:
-The control. Not much to say other than it's great.
-Free throws! Well done and simple mechanic.
-Fouls on default settings are just about right.
-Player differentiation (Artest is great defensively, Howard a beast offensively)
-Shooting. Feels great. Much better than last year.
-Crowd audio is wonderful.

Hate:
-Rebounding is still bad. Players seemingly go up and reach for air.
-The sliding now present in many areas of the game. Obviously it's a trade-off for the control, but after touting foot planting tech for so long, it's almost like the old sliding is back.
-If you're making changes during a FT shot attempt, the CPU will take your FT for you. Immediately. At least make them wait a few seconds and then auto-shoot so I don't get a delay call.
-Defense in the post

WTF:
-Balls still dropping to the ground and my players just watching the rebound.
-Not crazy about the Player Lock control setup. There have been more than a few times I've tried to Icon pass and get switched off. IMO - eliminate Icon passing and just make it a Player switch option, and make the user use freestyle passing.
-Player AI is very strange at times. Had a time where Kobe brought the ISO... held the ball the entire shot clock... drove in with 4 seconds to go then got a shot off too late.

Tidbits:
Still up in the air about the Player faces... MUCH MUCH BETTER. From regular camera angles, they all look great. But up close, they still look slightly off. Don't know what it is.
-Love the sharp graphics... but the game still looks a bit cartoony. Could it be the color is so vibrant?

# 140 ZoneBlitz @ 09/11/09 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I'm excited to get off work and give this a try, only 5 more hours...

The impressions are what I had expected. Sounds like the control you have over the players is going to be ridiculous.

Let's see if I'll be converted...
My impression is that it reminds me of what everyone was complaining about in the Draft Combine. I think both games are adding momentum and thus we all have to get adjusted to realizing that a players weight and momentum matter this year. While I am still getting used to it, I'm glad that Live included it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.