Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

SEPTEMBER 11, 2009 - Electronic Arts announced today that a playable demo of NBA LIVE 10 is now available for download on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace for all Xbox LIVE Gold Subscribers. Play as the Orlando Magic or the Los Angeles Lakers and re-write, or relive, last year’s NBA Finals match-up. The demo will be available to Xbox LIVE Silver members and on the PLAYSTATION® Network™ on September 17th, 2009.

With a renewed focus on creating an authentic 5 on 5 basketball videogame experience, NBA LIVE 10 introduces a myriad of gameplay improvements to the long running franchise. Computer controlled players will now move and react like their real life counterparts with enhanced player A.I. (artificial intelligence), and authentic, team-specific playbooks. In addition, all new dribbling, passing and shooting systems now give users more control over individual players than ever before seen in the franchise. Gamers can now control every movement as they break down a defender on the perimeter, drive to the basket, and finish at the basket using their left or right hand. From dishing no look passes to releasing a step back shot early or late to avoid a block from a defender, NBA LIVE 10 lets you to create highlight reel plays on your terms.

NBA LIVE 10 also features significant improvements in the franchises overall presentation. Arena specific lighting and crowd behaviors, signature pre-game rituals and celebrations, evolving storylines, and an all new broadcast package are just some of the many enhancements that will ensure that NBA LIVE 10 looks and sounds like a real life NBA game.

Powered by Dynamic DNA, NBA LIVE 10 will use the latest stats, rosters and tendencies for all the players and teams in the NBA*. With data supplied by Synergy Sports Technology – the premier analytics provider for over 25 NBA teams, Dynamic DNA allows NBA LIVE 10 to provide the most authentic basketball simulation experience in a videogame to date.

For more information, please visit http://nba-live.easports.com/home.action.

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Pared @ 09/11/09 09:26 AM
Ray, you can't icon pass here like in 2k. Try using Freestyle passing instead.

# 142 Tha_Kid @ 09/11/09 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
The Good:
It takes some getting used to but the locomotion & freestyle controls are nice. I still don't know how to do all the stuff in the game yet, (like effectively post up - I always end up trying to dribble around the defender which ends up in a steal)
Ha, this is funny to me because the cpu has on more than one occasion gotten a dunk by just dribbling past my defender because there was no engage. That is a gripe that i hope isn't present in the final version. Also bad are Pau/Bynum doing hop steps and other assorted travels following the entry pass. Semi unguardable. I had Dwight go coast to coast against me in 1 (dwight) on 2 (Artest + Bynum) situations 3 times for the hammer dunk and that just shouldn't happen, at least not all three times. I know in 2K I could have stripped Dwight dribbling up the court with Ron or challenged with Bynum but in the demo Bynum just swung his arm and got pushed out of the way while Ron's steal attempts had zero effect. I'm having great battles with the AI while trying to learn what Live really wants from me on the defensive end. On offense, i've started to get a lttle something going with sizeups/LS/RS, but on the rare occasion I get penetration, I make the wrong choice and get a collision shot/fouled/lose the ball.

I also don't like that there is a clear animation difference between when your defender is just going to swing his arm and when a block is going to happen, but the blocks do look great. One of my last games, I wanted to go 2 for 1, so had VC bring up the rock medium speed and let go of the LS so he'd step into a smooth pullup when Kobe just destroyed the jumper and took it the other way for a two handed slam. I wasn't happy but damn it looked good lol.

# 143 chello97217 @ 09/11/09 09:26 AM
Someone said that they thought the players were random players lol. I have to agree with this i still don't know who a couple of the guys were.

Going to guess the guy on the right side in blue was YI?

The small guy was kidd?

I know Roy but only because i shot with him and saw his form.

Player models are still a bit far behind 2k when it comes to seeing a guy and going OH i know who that is.

# 144 Pared @ 09/11/09 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
(OH NOES!).
C'mon man this isn't necessary.

# 145 antoine79 @ 09/11/09 09:39 AM
Feeling it. Really a step in the right direction. Love the movement controls. Hate how fast the default game speed is, although this probably can be adjusted with a slider. Rebounding is a little here and there, devs definitely need to work on that.

# 146 Jasong7777 @ 09/11/09 09:39 AM
Quick question for those with the demo, at work and can't DL until later.What camera angle is available in the demo. Thanks

# 147 carterd1981 @ 09/11/09 09:40 AM
You can icon pass. They moved icon passing from the left bumper to left trigger. I am so used to icon passing with the left bumper. I was wondering why I couldn't get all the icons to come up when I held down the left bumper.

The problem I am having is backing down a defender in the post. I guess I am pressing the wrong button.

Awesome awesome game by the way. Definitely picking it up now.

# 148 carterd1981 @ 09/11/09 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasong7777
Quick question for those with the demo, at work and can't DL until later.What camera angle is available in the demo. Thanks
Broadcast

# 149 Wiffyjustus @ 09/11/09 09:41 AM
Have found post play a bit difficult to get into.

Found it a bit easier once i eased off of the left stick.

Started to get a feel for it but would probably benefit from a Post Up tutorial or something.

# 150 hokupguy @ 09/11/09 09:44 AM
played 2 hrs with it like great improvement. Did take some time to get use to the controls. Might be best since Live 06 IMOP. But not feeling it enough to be a 1st day buy. Might do what i have done with most ea titles lately buy it used after a patch comes out. Like i did w/ NCAA and then keeped that one.

Live does feel like its coming back , but not the whole way. One note why do they still have steve kerr?

# 151 Tha_Kid @ 09/11/09 09:45 AM
I can confidently say that getting rid of a backdown button was a bad mistake by both EA & 2K. Why invite all the ambiguity that comes with making it contextual?

# 152 HMcCoy @ 09/11/09 09:46 AM
I woulda been blown away by the high production values, but after FNR4 and Madden, Im starting to get spoiled for EA's glitz and this is no different. Great front end and presentation.

I love the freestyle stuff, and while alot, if not most of it is too over the top for constant use, it feels absolutely freakin great to string stuff together with both sticks and the RT. The feeling of sizing up guy, taking off, and pulling off step backs and fades across the foul line are amazing. Most of the shooting animations feel really nice with their follow through, and most of the sig stuff looks good (except for Kobes fadeaway which reminds me of the Tyree catch in Madden. Yeah, Kobes done it but that shouldn't be his every day fade). Can't stress enough how smooth moving around is, and how easy you can put together sick combos just by moving around. Don't like the triple threat, except for the hold the ball low one, which looks sweet.

My only problem so far is the lack of any gathering or slowing down animations. This is actually a GREAT thing for alot of folks, as the lack of momentum animations keeps control over movement firmly in the users hands. No more extra steps, or lag when trying to get moving. Even at a full sprint letting the stick go stops you cold...no stutter steps to slow you down. For me...and again this is strictly personal taste...I prefer to see that stuff, and I like planning accordingly. IE when you pull up for a transition trey in 2K, you know you have to let go of the stick a few feet early so he can gather himself and step into the shot. That doesn't exist in this game, and for those who want absolute control, thats the trade-off. Im sure alot of OS'ers will choose the control over the looks, but it makes Live look and feel more gamey than realistic to me. Again, YMMV.

So far, so great. This reminds me alot of Live 03-04 when the freestyle stick and hop step button set the new standard for b-ball game controls...

# 153 Pared @ 09/11/09 09:49 AM
I'll give it a shot authentic.

I LOVE this one move. Here, give it a shot:

Hold the Turbo button and DOWN on the Right Stick. Your player will pull the ball back out while facing the defender.

That's a small little nuance I can get into. Very, very nice.

Still trying to figure out how to chain behind the back dribbles... Seems like it maybe be canned?

# 154 RayDog253 @ 09/11/09 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renewill27
Smoothest player in the hanger,by far carmelo.
I'd have to disagree and say D Wade. He just got so many moves, lay ups an all.

# 155 RoyalBoyle78 @ 09/11/09 09:54 AM
I hate you guys!!!! I love the impression, I can't wait until the 6th, well I will be getting it early *** always.

# 156 HMcCoy @ 09/11/09 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

Still trying to figure out how to chain behind the back dribbles... Seems like it maybe be canned?
Thats one of the RT sizups.

# 157 Glenn33 @ 09/11/09 09:56 AM
I am VERY VERY happy with this demo.

# 158 rontu_arrow @ 09/11/09 09:59 AM
Just downloaded it and played a lot of games. I'm still trying to get used to the controls a bit though but can somebody explain to me how the pick and roll system works? And I've also had a bit of trouble with post play.

# 159 Glenn33 @ 09/11/09 10:00 AM
No seriously - I am really pleased with this demo. Holy cow it looks good.

# 160 Da_Czar @ 09/11/09 10:01 AM
Honestly I don't like the demo as much as the final i played.

If memory serves correct and its been over a week. But the control was much tighter. They feel a bit too loose to me right now on offense and defense....

So its fun to play again but not the same experience I remember.

also not a big fan of the auto post ups both games went to.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.