Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

SEPTEMBER 11, 2009 - Electronic Arts announced today that a playable demo of NBA LIVE 10 is now available for download on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace for all Xbox LIVE Gold Subscribers. Play as the Orlando Magic or the Los Angeles Lakers and re-write, or relive, last year’s NBA Finals match-up. The demo will be available to Xbox LIVE Silver members and on the PLAYSTATION® Network™ on September 17th, 2009.

With a renewed focus on creating an authentic 5 on 5 basketball videogame experience, NBA LIVE 10 introduces a myriad of gameplay improvements to the long running franchise. Computer controlled players will now move and react like their real life counterparts with enhanced player A.I. (artificial intelligence), and authentic, team-specific playbooks. In addition, all new dribbling, passing and shooting systems now give users more control over individual players than ever before seen in the franchise. Gamers can now control every movement as they break down a defender on the perimeter, drive to the basket, and finish at the basket using their left or right hand. From dishing no look passes to releasing a step back shot early or late to avoid a block from a defender, NBA LIVE 10 lets you to create highlight reel plays on your terms.

NBA LIVE 10 also features significant improvements in the franchises overall presentation. Arena specific lighting and crowd behaviors, signature pre-game rituals and celebrations, evolving storylines, and an all new broadcast package are just some of the many enhancements that will ensure that NBA LIVE 10 looks and sounds like a real life NBA game.

Powered by Dynamic DNA, NBA LIVE 10 will use the latest stats, rosters and tendencies for all the players and teams in the NBA*. With data supplied by Synergy Sports Technology – the premier analytics provider for over 25 NBA teams, Dynamic DNA allows NBA LIVE 10 to provide the most authentic basketball simulation experience in a videogame to date.

For more information, please visit http://nba-live.easports.com/home.action.

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Chadwick357 @ 09/11/09 10:02 AM
I am amazed by this demo! This is the best NBA Live ever made, by far. I'll be playing this until the game comes out! I do wish we were able to choose different teams though, could get a little old :/

The graphics are amazing, the gameplay, the moving, it's all so good! I will DEFINETLY be getting this

# 162 Pared @ 09/11/09 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Thats one of the RT sizups.
Got it.

Ray, you're going to go crazy if you start playing the compare game. You either like it or you don't.

You're right, they're canned, but it's a step in the right direction. It's better than it not being there at all.

With so much control being worked on this year for the offense, they didn't have much time for the player to player defense and eliminating that sort of thing entirely. I'm sure you can deal. And if not, there's an alternative.

# 163 DaoudS @ 09/11/09 10:03 AM
final impressions before later tonight:

The game is really good and is really making me contemplate which game to get come the first week of October. The locomotion system is impeccable and you get punished if you try to use it too excessively on the harder difficulties.

The controls take A LOT getting used to if you are coming from 2K basketball. The free style passes seem to be a bit turbo-ish, but I don't think they hinder the gameplay. It also takes a bit getting used to but I had a sick drive and kick to end a quarter. Made me smile. 8 seconds to go, Kobe breaks down Carter and drives, help defense comes and Kobe kicks it to Fisher for the open tre.

The shot animations kind of bother me a little. When you are shooting leaners, fade aways or hop step jumpers - they all look the same no matter who you are shooting with. Same arc, same leg kick, same everything. You can only differentiate when its just a normal jumper.

The playbooks will take some getting used to as well. Certain plays are only activated when the player you want to take the shot has the ball. I was hoping to call a VC iso with Nelson, but it wasn't until I got Vince the ball at the 3 pt line that the Carter Iso came in the play menu thingy. It isn't really a problem but it will take getting used to. Will have to memorize a lot of them. I also couldn't figure out off ball control too well. Yeah, I was able to run around with player without the ball, but couldn't figure out how to get someone to set a pick so I could roll off and shoot a jumper. Again, this is probably for my lack of familiarity with the Live series.

I saw some sliding as well, but it was necessary. It didn't cause cheesing either - sliding done right....if that is possible. Rebounding seems a little weird, players don't jump high enough? Rim is too short and wide? I don't know, it just didn't look right. Was a bit choppy at times and saw some gravitation pull. There were a few dunks as well that seemed a bit too sped up. Some things to work on before the release.

Edit: Post up is weird, I can't do it proper. Wish there is a proper button for it - how about 'Y' and leave the alley-oop to Y+B or something.

I cannot wait to get my hands on the full version of the game and it is nice to see some legitimate competition for 2KSports. I am leaning 80-20 towards Live right now, despite some of the issues I have had.

# 164 Wiffyjustus @ 09/11/09 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
I can confidently say that getting rid of a backdown button was a bad mistake by both EA & 2K. Why invite all the ambiguity that comes with making it contextual?
I would have to agree. My main negative.

Found it particularly hard getting into "Post Up" from a high post position.

Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it, but it stands out as a weak spot when everything else feels easy to use.

# 165 RayDog253 @ 09/11/09 10:10 AM
HMcCoy they have the 2 step gather....

# 166 Beluba @ 09/11/09 10:11 AM
To post up, you have to feather your stick and "walk" into your defender.

# 167 DaoudS @ 09/11/09 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
so basically just walk slowly in and it will be automated?

# 168 videobastard @ 09/11/09 10:13 AM
The cutscenes after made baskets have become old already. I would rather the game just keep flowing naturally instead of the repetitive cutscenes.

# 169 RayDog253 @ 09/11/09 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Yeah, I didn't know how to explain it, but I would iso with kobe and post Carter on the elbow. I would just kinda push into him and he would start the back down. Then give him the patented Kobe turn a round fade.

# 170 jmood88 @ 09/11/09 10:19 AM
Why is every player so light? Every guy in the hangar looks like they're half white.

The faces aren't that great, on the close ups even Dwight's face was off

The animations happen way too quick, I would be dribbling and go up for a shot and they just fast forward into a shooting animation

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but anytime I contest a shot in the paint they go into an animation where I do a hard foul

The bench is cool, the guys act really excited

I didn't notice the computer calling any plays or very much off the ball movement, Derek Fisher would either shoot a three or they would give it to Gasol. I think Kobe only got the ball once.

# 171 JkA3 @ 09/11/09 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal101
It is the finished product, all demos usually are the finished product minus a few tweaks, sorry had to comment on this, people make the same comment every year.
That's not true. Sorry I had to comment on this, but some people make this very same comment every year too.

# 172 Killa KMS @ 09/11/09 10:22 AM
Game looks like a cop this year for me.
Pros
arena environment and sound
dribbling mechanic
smoothness
player faces
hangar
free flowing play
playcalling
footplanting

cons
blocking
defense looks a lil stiff
the dunks are still live 06-07 looking
player textures(guys were too shiny imo)
models still look a bit stick figured and slouched over
same old live commentary

All in all am enjoying the demo. The improvements are noticeable off the bat and i just like to give people who boost games a shot. Ill be buying both this year hopefully the full game tweaks some of the things i hated like the rocket dunks also the way they tried to block. It'd be tight if we got more collision animations also because i keep seeing almost the same one. I loved the fact that you pay if you over dribble with almost anyone. Hopefully that'd keep most cheesers a bit honest. Also hopefully they get the shot game on tact because i wasn't missing after i got the release timing just like the live of old. Something i got to get used to and hopefully its just me is that when i try to stop after a move near the ft line i wind up trying to attack and draw contact instead of going straight up hopefully its just me for now.

# 173 DW3 @ 09/11/09 10:22 AM
cant wait to get home and play it. these impressions have me wanting to leave work now! lol!

# 174 bobbysco13 @ 09/11/09 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I'm excited to get off work and give this a try, only 5 more hours...

The impressions are what I had expected. Sounds like the control you have over the players is going to be ridiculous.

Let's see if I'll be converted...
I hope you will be Stewaat....Don't know if you remember me, but I played in a 2K league with you and your Bobcats (hope that's right) With the gameplay and control I've seen in the demo, I HOPE there is some sort of workable online league that is somewhat like 2k's.... I hope so

# 175 Pared @ 09/11/09 10:33 AM
Overall, I just feel like the game is improved enough where a sim head can deal with any short comings this year. There seems to be enough player differentiation where I can play the game year round.

It's still early... but that's the feeling I'm getting.

I absolutely love Gasol. He doesn't jump on his shot much, and has an overall different feel from Bynum and Howard.

Bravo.

# 176 stephensonmc @ 09/11/09 10:33 AM
DC, Superstar isn't "cheating" but provides quite the challenge. We now play on Superstar at the office. I'll let Mike explain the difference though.

# 177 stephensonmc @ 09/11/09 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
More gripes:

-It says you can use the left stick to choose who you want to set your screen, but I'm not seeing how

-Still can't get the icon passing. It's WAY more of a chore than it should be to actually pass the ball rather than switch to that player

-CPU offense is stagnant a lot, just one player standing around for way too long (I understand guards dribble at the top of the key and look for cutters, but the AI wasted way too much time doing that)

-I can still win every tip with ease... come on...

Layup solutions are badass, though
You have to just play the game a ton man. There's alot of hiddens stuff you aren't doing.

For instance, your number one point:

you see the white circle go around the player when you move your left stick? If so, that's how you choose who you want to come set the screen.

# 178 thesniper321 @ 09/11/09 10:36 AM
Thanks a lot for your impressions I was wondering can someone upload a vid on youtube or somewhere? please have mercy for a poor ps3 user

# 179 iLLosophy @ 09/11/09 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Honestly I don't like the demo as much as the final i played.

If memory serves correct and its been over a week. But the control was much tighter. They feel a bit too loose to me right now on offense and defense....
I was just going to say it feels like it lacks polish.

# 180 iLLosophy @ 09/11/09 10:42 AM
With the Quick Plays what am i doing wrong here...

-Press right bumper
-Identify player (Vince Carter) with dim A icon
-Dim A icon lights up to indicate it's time to pass
-Press A
-Pass goes to Dwight Howard.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.