Home
Forza Motorsport 3 News Post

Teamxbox has posted a trailer of Forza Motorsport 3.

Game: Forza Motorsport 3Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox 360Votes for game: 8 - View All
Forza Motorsport 3 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 lnin0 @ 09/12/09 01:34 PM
I think the encoded TXB used is junk. I was kind of shocked at how bad that video made the game look so I went and downloaded the 720p version from FMs website. Much cleaner quality without all the pixilation and artifacts.

I will be in line on day one to buy Forza 3 but I am still not sold on the idea it has really taken the racing to a new level. It seems like most of what T10 is doing with the game is unrelated to the "race". Yeah, they have long overdue in-car views and roll over but what about fuel usage, pit strategies, qualifying, local yellows, black flags, 24 hour night/day cycles, online season/series...there is just so many parts of a racing game that get overlooked by Forza 3 that I cannot get too excited for it.

# 2 VladCanada @ 09/14/09 07:10 PM
Agree with you 100%. No shift animations really sucks too.

# 3 ExtremeGamer @ 09/15/09 06:40 AM
After seeing Need for Speed's cockpit and then Forza's, it's not even close how much better NFS' looks better.

Talking to a buddy of mine who is a manager at Gamestop, and played both games at their conference, he said NFS was far and away the better game than Forza. Someone else said it on here, but Forza 3 is more of a bloated Forza 2 was his comment. More cars, tracks, in car view, etc. But other than that, not much else has changed.

# 4 Hellisan @ 09/19/09 10:57 PM
I don't listen to people at gamestop when they tell me what games are good. At least not the guys at my gamestop. They haven't even played half the games that I really think are good games.

# 5 DXZeke @ 09/20/09 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
I don't listen to people at gamestop when they tell me what games are good. At least not the guys at my gamestop. They haven't even played half the games that I really think are good games.
The Gamestop managers just got back from their Conference in Las Vegas a couple weeks ago. Nearly all the big games of the Hoildays were shown and playable. So the Managers that wanted to play said games were able too.

I'd take some of what the managers have been saying with some grains of salt.

# 6 Artman22 @ 09/20/09 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
After seeing Need for Speed's cockpit and then Forza's, it's not even close how much better NFS' looks better.

Talking to a buddy of mine who is a manager at Gamestop, and played both games at their conference, he said NFS was far and away the better game than Forza. Someone else said it on here, but Forza 3 is more of a bloated Forza 2 was his comment. More cars, tracks, in car view, etc. But other than that, not much else has changed.
Are u seriously even comparing forza to need for speed.. Wow just wow..

# 7 Flawless @ 09/20/09 06:29 AM
Except for the cockpit views, he didn't compare the two games, his buddy did. I don't see what's wrong with comparing the two games. I doubt he's comparing them on a simulation level. If he had more fun playing Shift than that's cool.

As far as cockpit views, I think Shift is doing some neat things visually - desaturation, per-pixel motion blur, camera rattle. I would say Forza 3's is no slouch though, mostly due to the game running at 60fps. Seeing those Gamersyde videos (which are actually encoded at 60fps) is amazing. Shift just can't match that smoothness. I like how some cars cockpit views were tweaked for usability.

Also, while I would love to have at least a few of the things Inin0 mentioned, I would be perfectly happy with a bloated Forza 2 as well. I think that game could've really used more tracks, more cars on the grid, race types, a better career mode, and more online options. Turn 10 looks to deliver on those and them some, except for more cars on the grid, which is my biggest disappointment. The new career mode in Forza 3 sounds fantastic. So glad P2P races are back and great looking fantasy tracks (Fujimi Kaido!). All Forza 2 had for fantasy tracks was Maple Valley and New York, and those tracks suck, as did having no tracks with any real elevation changes. There's more race types this time like a proper drag racing mode. I really like the user-generated content and customization stuff in Forza, I've spent several hours just painting cars, and their taking that stuff to the next level. This Storefront video blew my mind. Hearing the multiplayer now having a hopper system similar to Call of Duty or Halo is great news. But what's really exciting about the multiplayer is the rules editor. It's confirmed to be like Halo 3, but with even more control, which is insane and has me all giddy.

This is Halo 3's options:

http://halowiki.net/p/Gamesettings
http://halowiki.net/p/Gamesettings_Traits

Now think about having options like that, and more, but that would obviously correspond to a racing game.

# 8 ExtremeGamer @ 09/20/09 06:55 AM
Exactly with what Flawless said. I am only comparing the cockpit view of Shift on my own TV to Forza's from what I've seen in video.

My buddy has been a friend of mine for 5-6 years, so it's not just a Gamestop thing, just so happens he does get to play the games early. He's a racing nut and played the crap out of Forza 2, just enjoyed Shift more.

Watching the videos Flawless posted in the Forza 3 thread, the game looks BEAUTIFUL, but I don't get a great sense of speed,but still want to play it, and see what the demo gives me next week.

# 9 CaptainZombie @ 09/20/09 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Exactly with what Flawless said. I am only comparing the cockpit view of Shift on my own TV to Forza's from what I've seen in video.

My buddy has been a friend of mine for 5-6 years, so it's not just a Gamestop thing, just so happens he does get to play the games early. He's a racing nut and played the crap out of Forza 2, just enjoyed Shift more.

Watching the videos Flawless posted in the Forza 3 thread, the game looks BEAUTIFUL, but I don't get a great sense of speed,but still want to play it, and see what the demo gives me next week.
It will give you an instant purchase.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.