Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Check out the NBA 2K10 Official Momentous Trailer #1.

Check out the HD version, at our Youtube channel, right here.

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 SageInfinite @ 09/15/09 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I understand that but I dont see how hard it is to look at them on an equal plane. When I saw Live's trailer, I thought "Looks good, glad to see they added that stuff, still some stuff I need to see." While others (not Stumbleweed) were screaming to the hills "Live is Back" "It looks amazing!!!" when they are just adding stuff they should have had.

When I saw this trailer I thought the same thing "Looks good, glad to see they added that stuff, still some stuff I need to see". Its just funny for me to see people grade these games on a curve. Its like two students get an A on a test and you give one of the students an A+ because he got a C his last test. It makes no sense.
Yea but it's more exciting to see that C student turn into an A student, unless you have something against him, lol.

# 102 ezekiel55 @ 09/15/09 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
I guess 2k10 is a dunkfest.

Has Wade ever dunked on that many Pistons in the paint?
Really?...it's a trailer trying to show highlight plays, what do you expect?

# 103 thmst30 @ 09/15/09 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yea but it's more exciting to see that C student turn into an A student, unless you have something against him, lol.
True, but the A student deserves more respect for never slacking off in the first place.

# 104 SageInfinite @ 09/15/09 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
True, but the A student deserves more respect for never slacking off in the first place.
Of course, never said he didn't.

# 105 Rebel_INS @ 09/15/09 05:15 PM
Quote:
real talk!

# 106 Bornindamecca @ 09/15/09 05:15 PM
Quote:
I understand that but I dont see how hard it is to look at them on an equal plane. When I saw Live's trailer, I thought "Looks good, glad to see they added that stuff, still some stuff I need to see." While others (not Stumbleweed) were screaming to the hills "Live is Back" "It looks amazing!!!" when they are just adding stuff they should have had.

When I saw this trailer I thought the same thing "Looks good, glad to see they added that stuff, still some stuff I need to see". Its just funny for me to see people grade these games on a curve. Its like two students get an A on a test and you give one of the students an A+ because he got a C his last test. It makes no sense.
I totally agree with you on all counts. I'm just trying to accept that people are posting more emotionally than analytically. Logically, what you're saying is 100% spot on. Unfortunately, some people weren't simply unhappy with 2k9, they were frustrated. That frustration is causing them to vent on issues they've been sitting on for almost a year.

So we get stuff like: "that dribble looks nice in the trailer, but I hope I can control it".

And I try to empathize, but the bottom line is that these people aren't going to get the information(or retribution) they want until the demo drops. At this point I personally wish they'd exercise restraint until then, unless they have something new to add.

# 107 Stumbleweed @ 09/15/09 05:15 PM
LOL @ that last exchange

Yeah Born, I'll just retire from 2K trailer threads. Not worth it really.

# 108 luda06 @ 09/15/09 05:16 PM
Quote:
I'd rather see Jay-z leave than 2k.

# 109 aholbert32 @ 09/15/09 05:18 PM
Quote:
Nope. I'm just happy to have two A students. I dont have to push the former C student (Live) down to a B and I dont have to give him extra credit just because he's doing the things he should have done years ago.

# 110 Rebel_INS @ 09/15/09 05:18 PM
Quote:
I'd rather see Jay-z leave than 2k.
That's cold lol

# 111 Bornindamecca @ 09/15/09 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
LOL @ that last exchange

Yeah Born, I'll just retire from 2K trailer threads. Not worth it really.
For the record, not trying to single you out. You're not the only one to feel the way that you do, or post along those lines, but you're a victim of your own celebrity.

# 112 Goffs @ 09/15/09 05:19 PM
Dammit it still says video not available for me...on phone btw

# 113 SageInfinite @ 09/15/09 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic24
lol *****
Yupp. I hate all of you.

# 114 aholbert32 @ 09/15/09 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
For the record, not trying to single you out. You're not the only one to feel the way that you do, or post along those lines, but you're a victim of your own celebrity.
LOL..Its Stumble's fault because his avatar is recognizable.

# 115 infam0us @ 09/15/09 05:21 PM
How can you tell they put no emphasis on control from a trailer?

# 116 kmart2180 @ 09/15/09 05:21 PM
Im hoping I get a better feeling from this game than from 2k8-2k9 cause I feel this series is just settling from all the oooohs and aaahhhhs from the pretty animation/player-likeness. But the gameplay is really not improving IMO. Control wise I think 2k7 controls better than 2k9. Driving and then trying to shoot the ball in 2k9 is as ugly as can be. Praying that its fixed. I should be able to seamlessly be able to go into a jumpshot animation without it have to stop what Im doing and reset to the jumpshot.

Court spacing,fast breaks,collision detection, being actually able to play a team up game will all be things that factor in me purchasing this game. Also being able to just cross, spin , dunk with the likes of Kobe/Lebron need to be gone. I want to see some collision detection stopping that from being chessy.

Live is pushing hard to get the top spot back. And although its not as pretty all around like 2k. Its strongly getting closer and closer. 2k needs to work harder and stop taking the we're so much better anyway route and adding minimal improvements.

I probably will buy both, live for online team play mode, 2k for association mode. Live could push 2k in season mode, not sure yet.

# 117 TMagic @ 09/15/09 05:22 PM
Quote:
Its like two students get an A on a test and you give one of the students an A+ because he got a C his last test. It makes no sense.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Of course, never said he didn't.
Quote:
Nope. I'm just happy to have two A students. I dont have to push the former C student (Live) down to a B and I dont have to give him extra credit just because he's doing the things he should have done years ago.
... WTH?

# 118 Bornindamecca @ 09/15/09 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
How can you tell they put no emphasis on control from a trailer?
Don't sweat it. I either predicted those posts two pages ago, or people saw my example and said "yeah, I did forget to say something redundant and useless. Thanks, Born."

Quote:
LOL..Its Stumble's fault because his avatar is recognizable.
Who is that dude, btw?

# 119 SageInfinite @ 09/15/09 05:23 PM
Quote:
I totally understand. I've been on both sides of this argument. So I understand where stumble and where some of the other posters are coming from. I have my own issues with 2k9 but I won't let them come into this thread because that's not what it's about. Its about the trailer. I loved the dunks and other animations. I'll have to wait to see if my concerns were addressed.

# 120 JWiLL02 @ 09/15/09 05:23 PM
I don't think there's a better analogy for what's going on with these games than the "grading on a curve" view. Let's just leave it at that and take it into consideration while reading these boards, the back and forth stuff gets pretty tiresome to sift through looking for real comments.

Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, Aaron Brooks slipped the screen? I've yet to see that in an NBA game. Either that or Mo was just working some Isomotion magic, which wouldn't surprise me either.

I'm loving some of these new dribble animations. The play with Melo on the baseline looked incredibly lifelike, plenty of contact there.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.