Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Check out the NBA 2K10 Official Momentous Trailer #1.

Check out the HD version, at our Youtube channel, right here.

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 TheBadazz @ 09/15/09 05:25 PM
And what was this thread about?

# 122 DC @ 09/15/09 05:25 PM
Just waiting for the unbiased sports gamer to come in here and show us his 2K Collection

# 123 thmst30 @ 09/15/09 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
... WTH?
It was a good analogy to describe what is happening this year. So we ran with it.

# 124 SageInfinite @ 09/15/09 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Just waiting for the unbiased sports gamer to come in here and show us his 2K Collection

# 125 TheKasmar @ 09/15/09 05:27 PM
These are the best looking dunks I've ever seen in a video game....but will I be able to control them?

I've never seen put back dunks so well replicatedin a video game.....but, Will I be able to control them?

That trailer was great and has almost sold me on the game......But, I'm pretending I'm not excited because I need "gameplay videos".

# 126 Stumbleweed @ 09/15/09 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Don't sweat it. I either predicted those posts two pages ago, or people saw my example and said "yeah, I did forget to say something redundant and useless. Thanks, Born."

Who is that dude, btw?
It's THE DUDE:

The Dude - Devin

# 127 JWiLL02 @ 09/15/09 05:29 PM
As for the number of animations, wasn't part of their reasoning for adding so many animations to get rid of long canned sequences and give more control to the user? While there's still some issues I'm not seeing the same problems with canned animations in the Combine that I did in 2k9. There's still a few annoying ones I'd take out but who knows what the final build will be like.

# 128 JWiLL02 @ 09/15/09 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKasmar
These are the best looking dunks I've ever seen in a video game....but will I be able to control them?

I've never seen put back dunks so well replicatedin a video game.....but, Will I be able to control them?

That trailer was great and has almost sold me on the game......But, I'm pretending I'm not excited because I need "gameplay videos".
I'm pretty sure 2k is the only basketball game on the market where you can control your dunk type. Towards basket for quick, towards left hand for flashy, right hand power and away from the basket is reverse.

I can tell you from the combine put backs are user controlled, though the AI will attempt them if they're in position too. Probably the most satisfying play I've pulled off is a perfectly timed put back dunk. You can also miss them if you don't time it right.

# 129 Rebel_INS @ 09/15/09 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Don't sweat it. I either predicted those posts two pages ago, or people saw my example and said "yeah, I did forget to say something redundant and useless. Thanks, Born."

Who is that dude, btw?
Devin the Dude

# 130 infam0us @ 09/15/09 05:35 PM
In the combine you controlled the put backs, you had to press the rebound button with the sprint button to attempt a putback dunk or lay up.

# 131 DC @ 09/15/09 05:38 PM
You can tell Mo studies basketball players and their on court mannerisms. That pull up out of a size up from B Jennings is definitely something that I have seen him do on numerous occasions

# 132 pwaykid @ 09/15/09 05:38 PM
Since my last post was deleted for absolutely no reason, I'll post it again. I am really excited for this game after seeing this trailer.

# 133 spankdatazz22 @ 09/15/09 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
LOL - hilarious

on the trailer - incredible. Great job MoMenC

# 134 tamakin @ 09/15/09 05:39 PM
I'm playing the prototype of the game on Thursday. I'll take video and post in the evening on Thursday guys!

# 135 NINJAK2 @ 09/15/09 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yea but it's more exciting to see that C student turn into an A student, unless you have something against him, lol.
True Sage, but the student who went through the majority of his school years as a screw up who finally buckles down and puts forth some effort shouldn't be given more leeway than the student that has been consistently good in school who some people feel may not have given their best effort on rare occasions. No disrespect Sage..These games have never been judged equally in my opinion so I'm not surprised.

I respect people's right not to like the trailer, just don't complain about what it isn't and judge by what it is. Movie trailers show exciting things to get people hype and games are no different. They are not meant to tell you the beginning, middle, and end.

# 136 BroMontana82 @ 09/15/09 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamakin
I'm playing the prototype of the game on Thursday. I'll take video and post in the evening on Thursday guys!
i thought they weren't letting people take videos unless it was from the final version? either way, please do.

oh yeah, the trailer is pretty sweet.

# 137 Rebel_INS @ 09/15/09 05:43 PM
Back 2 the trailer...

It's quick but I loved the Deron Williams spin move then the bop on J. Richardson...wicked!

Also I liked that quick wrap around the leg dribble move that CP3 pulled off...

That put back dunk the Dwight caught actually bounced off the rim then hit the backboard b4 he caught it...I like that variation and realism...

I also notice little things like when Tyreke Evans (#13 on Sacramento 4 those who don't know) did the behind the back move and the way his wrist flicks. I know that's not a big deal 4 most but subtle nuances like that go a long way wit me...

# 138 tamakin @ 09/15/09 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
i thought they weren't letting people take videos unless it was from the final version? either way, please do.

oh yeah, the trailer is pretty sweet.
If for some reason they make a big fuss over video, I'll sneak some footage with my ipod nano that I just got. It's small so nobody will see it.

# 139 TheKasmar @ 09/15/09 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
I'm pretty sure 2k is the only basketball game on the market where you can control your dunk type. Towards basket for quick, towards left hand for flashy, right hand power and away from the basket is reverse.

I can tell you from the combine put backs are user controlled, though the AI will attempt them if they're in position too. Probably the most satisfying play I've pulled off is a perfectly timed put back dunk. You can also miss them if you don't time it right.
No Way, that trailer depicted basketball like I've never seen before.......But, I'm still "skeptical" I just need more. I hope your catching on.

# 140 ezekiel55 @ 09/15/09 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janthony
ON LATER TRAILERS THEY NEED TO SHOW SUM OF MY TEAM HIGHLIGHTS THE MAVERICKS INSTEAD SHOWIN THEM GET DUNKED ON
Hey Kanye, easy with the caps.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.