Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

NBA 2K10 cover athlete Kobe Bryant, has a message for Operation Sports.

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Hotobu @ 09/16/09 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Damn some of you can't even let Steve enjoy the fact that this "little" website is getting a little pub from the NBA Finals MVP.

Unreal.
C'mon you knew this had to happen. Some of it is quasi-malicious, but some is just good clean ribbing. Let's face it this thread is pretty true to the demeanor and interaction that sports fans have anyway.

Still it does kinda look like this video was made at gun (see also: machete) point.

It's a good thing, but it's also fun to poke fun at.

# 102 Hotobu @ 09/16/09 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
delete
I realize that some of these are sarcastic, but I'm not sure where to draw the line.

# 103 NumberOneRB @ 09/16/09 02:08 PM
Quote:
Damn some of you can't even let Steve enjoy the fact that this "little" website is getting a little pub from the NBA Finals MVP.

Unreal.
Dunno if that was necessarily a response to my comment, but to make it clear to everyone on MY end, I'm just not all that surprised by the Kobe shout out. 2K Sports has been pretty tight with OS for a while now, and having the cover boy (who is paid by the company) promote the game, it doesn't surprise me that 2K would ask their cover boy to make a short video for the fans here.

Same reason why I wouldn't have been surprised if Dwight Howard made a video from EA promoting confidence in the game to OS members as well. Good to see Steve getting the respect he deserves, NOW SHOW SOME DANG GAMEPLAY VIDEOS 2K! LOL.

# 104 bigeastbumrush @ 09/16/09 02:08 PM
Congrats Steve and to the staff.

# 105 23 @ 09/16/09 02:15 PM
Man this thread is just fine without all the mentions of NBA Live and all of that. .. lets just stay off of anything that brings more vitriol into yet another thread, its getting real old

# 106 bigsmallwood @ 09/16/09 02:22 PM
Why can't you all just be happy for Steve and OS as a whole? I don't understand the mockery...

# 107 XenoZograscope @ 09/16/09 02:37 PM
This is nice lol, OS is entering the major league.

# 108 jsg @ 09/16/09 02:49 PM
pretty dope

# 109 DC @ 09/16/09 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
No, it was 2k. Someone asked and the response was similar to what Gilbert said before he did the Live cover. They mentioned it being sim and what not. Kobe actually spoke about it another time, but I can't remember what it was in relation to.
I remember that summer before the Live with Gil came out. We were down Barry Farms watching some summer league games.

Me: Gil, I thought you were a 2K fan. Wassup with being on the Live cover

Gil: They paid me LOL. Then he proceeds to rub his fingers together to signify $

# 110 WaddupCouzin @ 09/16/09 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
wow, I don't know what to say....I remember this site before OS had forums.
Grunt! How long have we been on this site, I know I first joined in 1999, When did you join? Remember Afroman, Steelers2K1, Pacman? Wow, those were the days!

# 111 bigsmallwood @ 09/16/09 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
Because hatahs do what they are born to do, hate. You have arguably the best player of this generation giving a shout out to the entire website not just 2k. It is a beautiful thing to most of us (especially those of us that have been here for a while).

You have to laugh at some of them (poor souls) and some you deal with (applying Operation Sports TOS, of course, something I am having a hard time doing here lately. Joking 23). At any rate, it was cool to get a shout out from the Black Mamba.

To the 2k boys, keep doing your thing.

Oh, by the way bigsmallwood, we are going to bust yall up on October 31st. We play Hampton on our Homecoming. I went to Winston Salem State University.
LOL We may have to spoil ya Homecoming lol jk! Glad you went to WSSU, thats good stuff!!!

# 112 DubTrey1 @ 09/16/09 03:41 PM
"The" Operation Sports.

OS bigtymerz up in here!!! LOL!!!

# 113 Pared @ 09/16/09 03:55 PM

Now THAT's funny.

# 114 Hotobu @ 09/16/09 04:00 PM
Quote:

Now THAT's funny.
DAMMIT he beat me to it. I just thought to try and put something like this together. Oh well.

# 115 jsg @ 09/16/09 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool2fool
Just made this for the LOLZ!
add lil mama and it would be classic

# 116 HealyMonster @ 09/16/09 04:09 PM
WOW Congrats Steve!! A freaking NBA MVP gave a shout out to Operation Sports. thats crazy. I remember back in the day talking to PJ Snavely on the forums about All Star baseball which was awesome, now Kobe is giving shout outs holy crap. You guys are getting bigtime with this site.

# 117 CarryTheWeight @ 09/16/09 04:09 PM
Congratulations, OS! Very surprising but you guys deserve it.

# 118 Jano @ 09/16/09 04:30 PM
Congrats Steve, OS just moved up to the big leagues now.

# 119 DblocW @ 09/16/09 04:43 PM
that's peace...less than 3 weeks folks n counting

# 120 Air_Yeezy @ 09/16/09 05:00 PM
There's a purpose for this vid right?????

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.