Home
News Post

Check out the new NBA Live 10 blog, featuring Dynamic Season.

Quote:
"Hey guys, the name ‘Dynamic Season’ has been out there for a while, but there hasn’t been much info as of yet. Hopefully this answers all the questions you have about this new mode in NBA LIVE 10.Dynamic DNA was a great feature for us, and was received very well last year. However, consistent feedback we got was ‘Great, but I play Dynasty Mode and only get to use the daily rosters in Play Now and in online games.’ From the get-go this year, we wanted to think of a way to bring an authentic NBA experience to NBA LIVE, and what better way than the real 2009-10 season.

At its heart, Dynamic Season allows you to play along with the real NBA season, using the up to date Dynamic DNA. The key innovation here is that the stats and results from the games you play are merged in with the real life results. In a sense, real life becomes your sim engine for games you don’t play. The more games you play, the more you can change the course of the 2009-10 NBA Season. We keep track of your favorite team (the team you play with the most), but the mode is completely open; play any game with any team you like all year."

Member Comments
# 41 inkpimp007 @ 09/19/09 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
Curious. How does Dynamic Season affect my team if I have created players? I usually replace a star player with my created player and put them in FA.
I don't think you use created players in that mode, at least thats not what I think the purpose of the mode us. Its more of a pure basketball experience from what i gather. Dynasty mode is now more of your fantasy mode where you are like the GM, get what i'm saying.

So if you brake the two modes down it's like this. Dynasty mode: Your the GM, Dynamic Season: your the coach.

# 42 inkpimp007 @ 09/19/09 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bran9413
wow if they didnt upgrade anything in dynasty mode then im sorry 2k will be getting my money this year...this mode will be boring after a while
I think Dynamic Season mode will offer different challenges you won't find in Dynasty mode and vice versa. It's interesting that it's a deal breaker for you considering how people are really wanting Sim basketball, not sure how much more sim you can get outside of this new mode. It's going to be interesting to se how things shape up between the modes and how people value each. For myself i don't see it getting dull at all because of the real world challenges you cant control like player injuries, fire arm suspensions (HAHA), trades that as a coach my frustrate me that the front office makes, trade demands. It's a reality that will be a challenge

Not trying to hype this mode but it should be.

# 43 DJ @ 09/20/09 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
Why not play one season with multiple teams?
Good point, but I don't always have time for multiple games.

# 44 inkpimp007 @ 09/21/09 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Good point, but I don't always have time for multiple games.
thats why you have the rewind options

# 45 Pared @ 09/21/09 03:39 PM
Forget dynasty... DS is what it's all about from here on out.

# 46 ©roke @ 09/21/09 05:15 PM
I just entered dream mode.

I have no patience to play the whole season or a dynasty with a single team, so all I play is just exhibition games. Now I have a purpose to play all my games.

# 47 bigeastbumrush @ 09/21/09 10:09 PM
What happens if a player in real life is suspended or is listed as Inactive for 'x' amount of games.

This player won't be available to use in my Season?

EDIT:
Also, say I'm controlling one team.

When I go to play my team's game, I assume the starting lineup will default to the lineup which the real life team used?

Some coaches have many different lineups throughout the year...sometimes based on matchup.

When playing Dynasty, I prefer to use the same starting lineup (which I know I can easily change). Just trying to get an understanding here...

# 48 CMH @ 09/21/09 11:04 PM
Dynasty is not Dynamic Season.

Dynamic Season follows the real NBA, day-by-day. If it happens in the league, it happens in the video game. If Tracy McGrady misses the entire month of November with a back strain, he won't be available for use the entire month of November. If Antoine Walker signs with a team in December, he'll be placed on that team the day he was made active/inactive on the roster. If David Lee is traded for an expiring contract, then Lee will be traded even if you use the Knicks.

Dynasty mode (or all other season modes) are the way they've always been. You control everything and it is completely separate from the real league (with perhaps the exception of using Dynamic DNA).

# 49 iminurbase @ 09/22/09 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
What happens if a player in real life is suspended or is listed as Inactive for 'x' amount of games.

This player won't be available to use in my Season?

EDIT:
Also, say I'm controlling one team.

When I go to play my team's game, I assume the starting lineup will default to the lineup which the real life team used?

Some coaches have many different lineups throughout the year...sometimes based on matchup.

When playing Dynasty, I prefer to use the same starting lineup (which I know I can easily change). Just trying to get an understanding here...
For example if you are the Rockets, you won't have Yao. Any game you play uses the real roster.

In terms of starting lineups, we use the starting lineup the coach last used, or in a rewind game, the starting 5 from that very day. If you don't like it, you can change it before entering the game.

# 50 ehh @ 09/22/09 12:22 PM
^ So then injuries will not happen in-game I assume. Not a big deal, just curious.

# 51 iminurbase @ 09/22/09 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
^ So then injuries will not happen in-game I assume. Not a big deal, just curious.
That's right.

# 52 Stumbleweed @ 09/22/09 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
That's right.
Are there in-game injuries in the other modes? In the demo I noticed guys getting shaken up when hitting the floor, fouled, etc. -- do those translate into actual injuries for the non-dynamic season modes if they're serious enough? Or are all injuries coming from simulation/"practice"?

# 53 GSW @ 09/22/09 01:04 PM
I didnt understand this mode at first... now I do and now I'm freaking excited.

# 54 ehh @ 09/22/09 02:39 PM
Yeah it is pretty impressive. It will be nice to take a break from playing with the Knicks all the time in in a season/dynasty mode and get in some of the marquee match ups. There are so many times when I watch a game on TV and get the urge to use those teams in a game, now you can play the game and have it matter in your season, it's not just a wasted exhibition.

And the whole integrating real life thing is ridiculous. Very cool.

# 55 brs2305 @ 09/22/09 02:57 PM
Since the first day I heard about that mode I knew that this is what I've been waiting for, although I didn't know what it was about. However I kinda hoped for exactly this kind of mode. Seems very thought through. I can't wait to choose 2 or 3 teams and change their destiny...very very exciting!!

# 56 ehh @ 09/22/09 03:00 PM
My only fear going forward is that this mode has the potential to be a glitch-filled mess. So much information and data being plugged into it constantly. Let's pray that EA can pull this out smoothly.

# 57 iminurbase @ 09/22/09 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
My only fear going forward is that this mode has the potential to be a glitch-filled mess. So much information and data being plugged into it constantly. Let's pray that EA can pull this out smoothly.

# 58 RipCity71252 @ 09/22/09 03:04 PM
I think I'm going to run with my Blazers for the most part.....maybe play half / sim half, then play or watch the games that will be a aired nationally.

This truly is a sandbox mode though. Should be a fun change of pace.

# 59 ehh @ 09/22/09 03:04 PM
Haha, yeah I'm right there with you iminurbase. Love the avatar btw.

# 60 PuntNL @ 09/22/09 03:05 PM
@iminurbase: off topic, but when will we get Dynasty details? Or will it be completely the same as in 09?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.