Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

IGN has posted videos of NBA 2K10.

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 JkA3 @ 09/21/09 11:23 PM
Very nice to see the vids, sure wish they would give us a demo this week.

# 2 XxB0MBTHREATxX @ 09/21/09 11:23 PM
Just lock it mods

# 3 Boreez2000 @ 09/21/09 11:25 PM
That locking seemed uncalled for, but whatever...

# 4 XxB0MBTHREATxX @ 09/21/09 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreez2000
That locking seemed uncalled for, but whatever...
For some reason they locked the other thread so we have to post here

# 5 Boreez2000 @ 09/21/09 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxB0MBTHREATxX
For some reason they locked the other thread so we have to post here
I know, that's what i'm saying. Why?

# 6 trav402 @ 09/21/09 11:30 PM
Will someone be kind of enough to YouTube these?

# 7 ricanbxbomba @ 09/21/09 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trav402
Will someone be kind of enough to YouTube these?
Someone already did.. the youtube user goes by "KobeCamp2009".
Downloading the vids on my iPhone as i type.

# 8 Greene_Flash03 @ 09/21/09 11:36 PM
Craving for more....

# 9 blues rocker @ 09/21/09 11:37 PM
I just saw one of the gameplay vids (cavs vs lakers) and I was not impressed. I have been a long-time 2k guy for years, but I have grown tired of 2k's lack of dribbling control and overall sluggish controls and animations. I have been considering switching to Live this year and this video only makes me want to switch more - 2k10 looks sluggish as ever, and the dribbling control is non-existent. I am not a Live fanboy by any means (like I said, I have been a 2k guy) - I am just calling it like I see it.

Live just looks more responsive and the controls really allow you to do what you want, when you want. I like that about Live this year.

# 10 TheKasmar @ 09/21/09 11:39 PM
I liked the audio except for 2 things. First, at 7 seconds you can here that damn annoying song from the combine. Second, I can still here a slight whistling sound from the crowd thats been in past 2k games.

The movent of the players has a very 2k9ish feel to it. In some cases that is bad and some it is tolerable. At certain moments in the video I said to myself, yes I've seen that scenario before.

You notice when players get the ball, they just stand there with the ball to either side if their shoulder. This was in the combine, it looks bad and they look like statues.

The jump pass from Kobe at 43 sec looked bad.

The left handed hook by Lebron at 1:54 didn't look fluid at all.

Despite all of this, I look foward to more videos

# 11 blues rocker @ 09/21/09 11:44 PM
Overall the movement looks very sluggish and I can tell from the video that there is till no dribbling control and there is no real ability to beat your man off the dribble.

One thing Live did great this year is add signature DRIBBLING moves and crossovers - players in Live actually MOVE like themselves - looking at these 2k10 vids, all the players pretty much dribble the same and like I said there are no size-up moves or one-on-one moves AT ALL. 2k completely lacks the 1-on-1 game. 1-on-1 play is a big part of nba basketball, but 2k has completely ignored it for years.

# 12 Boreez2000 @ 09/21/09 11:45 PM
Like i said in the last thread, it's more of the same and that's just not impressive any more...
And you got that right, that jump pass by Kobe is one of the worst animations i've ever seen...

# 13 ricanbxbomba @ 09/21/09 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
Overall the movement looks very sluggish and I can tell from the video that there is till no dribbling control and there is no real ability to beat your man off the dribble.

One thing Live did great this year is add signature DRIBBLING moves and crossovers - players in Live actually MOVE like themselves - looking at these 2k10 vids, all the players pretty much dribble the same and like I said there are no size-up moves or one-on-one moves AT ALL. 2k completely lacks the 1-on-1 game. 1-on-1 play is a big part of nba basketball, but 2k has completely ignored it for years.
i must be on the nba live boards..

# 14 chance @ 09/21/09 11:48 PM
Quote:

# 15 TreyIM2 @ 09/21/09 11:48 PM
I had posted the Lakers/Cavs and Lakers Intro vids earlier and I really think 2K has lost a customer in me, this year. I love what Live 10 has done in that demo and can't get my hands on the retail version. I can't even go back to the DC, right now, and I had fun with that but I will give the 2K10 a go if and when it drops but no dough.

# 16 inkpimp007 @ 09/21/09 11:48 PM
the audio was a nice improvement. With that said the game and gameplay is just okay, looks like 2K9.5. They just seem to be playing it safe to me I dunno. I did notice to many long passes not being keyed on by the D, but i don't know what level this was played on.

Yeah I'm not feeling it so far with these vids.

# 17 foofighter2455 @ 09/21/09 11:50 PM
Quote:

You do realize that the two guys playing didn't use isomotion or post moves or anything....

# 18 blues rocker @ 09/21/09 11:51 PM
I am actually a 2k guy and have played 2k exclusively until this year, but I have grown tired of many of 2k's flaws and their refusal to add control and fix their weaknesses. I have seen Live add things that 2k should've added years ago, and Live has surpassed 2k in some areas at this point (mostly dribbling control).

These 2k videos just look so stale and sluggish compared to what I've seen of Live. And this is coming from a 2k guy. I am just being honest. Overall 2k just feels very slow and sluggish to me - the animations are too slow and unresponsive. The nba is full of amazing athletes with lightning speed, but I wouldn't know it by watching 2k - they all move like they're old geezers and every just looks unresponsive.

# 19 TheKasmar @ 09/21/09 11:51 PM
Quote:

You do have dribbling control in 2k and players do have their own dribbling moves right down to the crossover. The 1 on 1 game will be there. The Cavs user chose not to use the size-up or 1 on 1 moves.

# 20 foofighter2455 @ 09/21/09 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
The Lakers were computer controlled.

Now that the nitpickers are about... point BEING... there is isomotion, sizeup, and post moves that you didn't see and have been in the game for YEARS.

« Previous1234567891213Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.