Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

IGN has posted videos of NBA 2K10.

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 RubenDouglas @ 09/22/09 01:19 AM
i honestly dont know how you can say for certain that you either love it and want it, or if you hate it and wont buy it.. Ill be a fence rider for a few more weeks.. so many people here are set in stone to have an opinion that "matters". its okay to be skeptical.

For many, 3 minutes convinces them into getting it or not getting it. i just cant go that far right now.

# 62 TheBadazz @ 09/22/09 01:21 AM
All of this, from a 3 min vid. I would hate to see what a 4 quarter game will bring out of some ppl. I enjoy gaming, I always have. Live or 2K, who cares as long as the game is good. Those who ***** about every little thing, need to go to school and learn graphic programming and make their own game. Until then, just enjoy what we have before us.

# 63 tanner99 @ 09/22/09 01:22 AM
some people really just sign up to get banned dont they?

# 64 The 24th Letter @ 09/22/09 01:24 AM
I never thought there would be a day where I would rather read YouTube comments then the comments in a OS thread lol we need a 2k forum for supporters....

# 65 TheBadazz @ 09/22/09 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner99
Yup.

# 66 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 09/22/09 01:24 AM
@ 24th Letter:

No, I'm not jumping the gun at all. I'm not making any sweeping indictments of whether 2K10 will be good or not. Also, I'm taking into account many things, such as IGN's credibility, short length of the vid, etc... I'll even venture out on a limb and bet that 2K remains the more polished title this year. I think it's just a matter of personal preference, of what things a game gets right/wrong, and their relative weight with each gamer. That's why I make sure to stress the term "personally" in impressions posts. But I will be here everyday checking for info on this game, as well as NCAA, waiting for BS's CH2K8 roster edits, and Live 10, because you can never have enough bball in your life.

@Pared:

These might not really be issues/maybe it was just the idiot playing, or on a lower difficulty. But it TO ME it looked like some of the collision issues in the lane weren't addressed. It also looked like some of those animations where the defender just gives the penetrator the lane made it in. Appeared as IF lead passing, jump passing, and long range passing without penalty, and lack of urgency in defending the rim (as shown when Kobe had Delonte pinned under the rim) haven't been addressed.

Now despite this, I will def be waiting until I see Czar or one of you hardcore OS guys playing on SUPERSTAR before I decide. Now that I think of it, kinda hard to see me not getting a 2K for the 1st time since being amazed by tip dunks on Dreamcast. lol

# 67 CX1329 @ 09/22/09 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner99

It seems so.

# 68 tanner99 @ 09/22/09 01:28 AM
well im out, but i hope the forum gets cleaned up a little bit. im still on the fence between the 2 games and i like discussing videos and info with reasonable posters.

# 69 NumberOneRB @ 09/22/09 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF_PLAYA
Have fun playing Live this year.....if those things REALLY annoy you, try playing Live a whole season..... go rent Live 09 right now from anywhere you can and play that. When Live 10 drops, be the first to buy it and tell me you can handle that kind of gameplay versus what you know to be a solid game (NBA 2K) 10 years runnin'. You want locomotion changes and all that, enjoy it NBA Live 10. I have no problem with what you said really...it makes me a laugh a little though. It's your money and your entitled to you opinion, but from what I saw, and me use to being a Live man myself, Live hasn't shown me anything since it has made the jump to convince me they care about what I want in a bball game. No beef though, you are entitled to feel how you feel and I hope you have the experience you are looking for in Live 10.
This is some sort of bait by you I suppose, but I'm not necessarily going to fall for it. What I will say is that nowhere in my post did I state I preferred one game over the other. I've been very unbiased in all my opinions of both games, whether good or bad. I was just making a personal observation that I believe adding 9,000 or so new animations to a game should be quite apparent regardless of the length of a video (as long as its a decent length).

# 70 jr2424 @ 09/22/09 01:49 AM
They've made a big jump presentation wise. Gameplay looks solid but not much different from 2k9 (But this is kinda tough to say without more videos/demo.) But graphically, Live's got em beat. I still am buying 2k and renting live (mainly because of the My Player, in-game saves and online in all modes), but this video really didn't show a jump like Live's videos did. The thing I hate about Live is the rebounding and shot blocking, which are the strengths of 2k IMO.
Need more gameplay, but from this one, three-minute video, 2k really didn't make a significant leap from last year. But when you consider their sales/reviews, they weren't forced to because this game has been so well received. But that might change with Live making such strides.

# 71 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 09/22/09 01:50 AM
I beg mods to please clean up the influx of rubbish posts (I admit by feeding into it I'm sorta guilty but geez)!!!

HOF_PLAYA, bodex, shadio, and several others on here.... think about this for a sec, just humor me iiight-

Now, why would anyone read someone's impressions in an IMPRESSIONS thread, impressions which are his/her OPINION on a game for THEIR Xbox/PS3 THEY bought, to be played at THEIR house, bought with THEIR money... and feel the need to reply to them to tell them that THEIR opinion is wrong, the game they choosing to spend THEIR $$ on is inferior/superior?!?!?! Please tell me why. Not to single ya'll out either cuz this is getting rampant closer to these games release.

Does it really irk you that the game YOU feel is the "GREATEST EVER" & "FIVE YEARS AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION" isn't regarded as such by an anonymous gamer probably hundred/thousands of miles from you(maybe even a diff country)??!? And if so, what does that say about your choice, that you have to defend it this way?? I swear some of ya'll sound like you in a barbershop arguing the Nas/Jay-Z battle or something. Where is this allegiance?? To a company? Or to the sport??? We got to do better lol

We can all agree on one thing though: Regardless what you prefer, there will be a nice selection of bball titles for the first time this gen (IMO).

# 72 Shinyhubcaps @ 09/22/09 01:51 AM
Guys, stay focused lest you want every thread to be locked.

Regarding the videos, I think that it is really difficult to assess the game because the guy(s) playing were absolutely terrible. Crowd was good (too many flash bulbs in the one video), graphics look better than ever... My Player looks to have changed a little bit since Draft Combine, which hopefully takes out bugs, annoyances, and other little things. I hope that it's just as functional.

Another thing, and I don't know where else to post this, but 2K needs to put college names instead of nicknames on its ticker.

# 73 EvanRG @ 09/22/09 02:02 AM
Impressions:

That intro with the Lakers was SICK!
The Lebron layup at :53 was beautiful.
The court spacing looks spot on this year!
Commentary is AMAZING! Seriously, they did a bang up job!

Ok, so personally 2k is the smoothest and most realistic basketball simulation for me. If you like Live better, that's fine. But your 10 year old antics aren't going to make us "feel bad" for buying 2k10 this year...

I love how people come in here as 'fake' 2k supporters and trash a game they know nothing about. Wait until a demo drops before you act like you've spent a good day with the game.

The funny thing is, Live's forums are the exact opposite. It was nothing but praise before the demo released and now you've got people split down the middle.

Buy the game you want and move on. Period.

# 74 shadio5 @ 09/22/09 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY1183
I beg mods to please clean up the influx of rubbish posts (I admit by feeding into it I'm sorta guilty but geez)!!!

HOF_PLAYA, bodex, shadio, and several others on here.... think about this for a sec, just humor me iiight-

Does it really irk you that the game YOU feel is the "GREATEST EVER" & "FIVE YEARS AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION" isn't regarded as such by an anonymous gamer probably hundred/thousands of miles from you(maybe even a diff country)??!? And if so, what does that say about your choice, that you have to defend it this way?? I swear some of ya'll sound like you in a barbershop arguing the Nas/Jay-Z battle or something. Where is this allegiance?? To a company? Or to the sport??? We got to do better lol

We can all agree on one thing though: Regardless what you prefer, there will be a nice selection of bball titles for the first time this gen (IMO).

hey, i never said nba 2k was the greatest of all time, nor do try to change the minds of anyone. I do feel that the nba 2k visual concepts franchise team is a very rare group in MY EYES. I love basketball, and since 2001 with dreamcast nba 2k1 (iverson cover) i felt like i was truelly playing a virtual nba basketball game....simulation (aww man i hate using this word).

i just find it FUNNY, to hear, simple answers that make no sense sometimes..makes me want to jump right threw the screen.

i also love the 2k art team...im a designer myself

VC/2k sports fan

# 75 Hotobu @ 09/22/09 02:14 AM
What's sad is that this thread is a microcosm of the sports community except instead of there being hundreds of teams there are just two. In addition to that there are probably several undercover hypocrites that don't even realize it.

There are probably several guys from the "hey everybody just enjoy both games" camp that'd say **** like, "Peyton Manning/Tom Brady SUCKS - go JETS!" Or "Lebron is all hype, look at what happened to the Cavs vs. the Magic... lol queen James."

I honestly think most "hardcore" sports fans in general are idiots, so I don't see why that wouldn't filter over into the gaming aspect of sports.

# 76 Rockafella2x @ 09/22/09 02:25 AM
for all the ppl complaining about the organ it starts to play for the 'defense' chant at the end of the video

# 77 SaintsNATION32 @ 09/22/09 02:28 AM
Live give you great controlls...thats it,but 2k still better without live controlls.....!Live is boring wit awesome controlls....still dry marv albert & steve kerr....the thing that 2k always brought to the table in everygame they make is the true atmosphere of every game they make or have made football...(2k5) B-ball 2k10.....it's a no brainer for me... the people ova at 2k know what they doing....man if 2k had Live controlls there wouldn't be no debate.....an they are still#1 without live controlls......2k take the realism of the sport an put it in there games....so what if it looks like 2k9...yea it does,but they really didn't need to make overhauls like live,but i know once i play the game i will be playin 2k10...i notice the suttle changes in that 3min video....so for all you guys sayin you gonna change ova 2 Live...i really believe ya gonna be trading Live in afta 2 weeks of playin it for the better NBA TRUE NBA game an that will be 2k til EA BUY those rights also!

# 78 magicman32 @ 09/22/09 02:39 AM
Ok gameplay vid. The putback by shaq made my co-work and I hyped at the same time. The commentary and intro was really good also. But lebron is not looking good. He does look older though. And I liked how he was inhaling through his nose in the intro video. Overall it's good to see some 2k gameplay. Can't wait to play it.

# 79 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 09/22/09 02:42 AM
Wow, Hotobu & EvanRG, dial that down a bit. When did things become personal? By the way, we're on a message board.

Never was a "fake 2K supporter" because I never supported any company. That's lunacy, when you consider what all this equipment costs us, TVs consoles etc. I spend $$ on games I like. Period.

Where a lotta ya'll go wrong is when you assume another man's motives for posting a particular view. Heck, I can't even figure the motives of people I know/work with, let alone some anonymous guys typing on a sports gaming site.

I never post concerning someone else's opinion, because it's theirs. In a perfect world you'll be in your living room enjoying 2K10, while I'll be here enjoying 2K10, Live 10 as well as CH2K8 w/BS's edits. We gamers, man, I do this when I take my tie off.

Now, a few more impressions:

I do like how the intro is, feels real dynamic, and like someone said, it really feels like a game is bout to go down. And I disagree with some--though Lebron is off, I think Kobe looks great (and it appears they've fixed his form).

# 80 PuntNL @ 09/22/09 02:45 AM
Seeing some awkward passing especially the one of fisher at around 1:40..

Loving the intro and how kobe looks, hating how lebron looks.

Have to see more gameplay to judge it.. Seeing some fun and nice things and some awkward stuff... Not blown away so far..

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.