Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Patch #1 for Madden NFL 10 is now available for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Please post your impressions here.

Quote:
"What's in the first title update:

Added Super Bowl and Playoff Field conditions for Online Franchise
Fixed False Start Grieving issues with Online games
Fixed video player issue where video would hang on latent connections
Improved uploaded highlight quality
Switched ranked online games to 7 min Q's
Fixed random stability issues
Added Broadcast Cam!

Gameplay Specific fixes:

Tuned slider effectiveness (Run blocking and broken tackles esp.)
Changes run blocking slider to not effect special teams
Made fatigue effect ratings more
Fixed WR release to where receivers release to both sides
Fixed incorrect spotting on punts out of bounds
Reduced/removed holding on kicking plays
Improved toe drag catch logic
Improved pursuit angles for outside running plays
Fixed defenders in pursuit running away from O-Line
Better play recognition in man coverage
Fixed double pass online exploit"

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 St3fN_sTrApS @ 09/24/09 08:28 AM
About to play my first game with the patch, just by reading some comments, the patch seems to be pretty good. Gonna get the AFL content later on today as well

# 42 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/24/09 08:35 AM
I don't watch the computer play each other, so the broadcast cam is pretty worthless. Looks decent enough, but you can't see down the field. I couldn't ever see myself playing with that view.

# 43 The Real Ma$$ive @ 09/24/09 08:36 AM
Well... I was happy when i downloaded the patch this morning; then I popped it in and thought hmmm... I don't know, but it seems to me that the Cpu quarterback throws to the open man even faster, i'm talking about the split second that they're open. This makes for even harder sacks, as I played two all-madden play now games and recorded no sacks. Won one game, lost the other.

Now, It seems like the QB's talking on the phone get their face already uploaded immediately as soon as their on the phone, so no more pop in textures, but there's a flicker on their head that kinda sucks.

I threw a few button hooks with success, of course db's still jump your routes, but I was throwing with Mark Sanchez so who knows. For the most part it feels a bit cleaned up, and I have no beef with the patch, but I do think the cpu Qb's are throwing the ball to the open man way to fast.

I couldn't get the run game established against the Jaguars, but I did have the Seahawks in game two, and E. James didn't look to hot with that line. I did notice that I got out the backfield a little though, but needs more testing. Overall its ok... but I expected a little more influence on the changes.

# 44 DakkoN @ 09/24/09 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
what sliders are you using.

because anything default is not going to work..the patch was for slider affectivness
Have raised CPU run blocking and broken tackles to 100 and still haven't noticed much of a difference.

# 45 BroMontana82 @ 09/24/09 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Have raised CPU run blocking and broken tackles to 100 and still haven't noticed much of a difference.
that's pretty damn weak...so much for slider effectiveness, especially run blocking. im guessing the pass rush is the exact same as well.......

# 46 RaiderKtulu @ 09/24/09 08:53 AM
I'm sure most of you don't care... but I didn't feel like making a new thread for it.

It looks like the patch fixed the 49ers helmet color, and added numbers to the Chargers 60's helmet (but didn't fix the wrong lightning bolt issue).

# 47 DakkoN @ 09/24/09 08:58 AM
I'm seeing more pass interference calls than before. Have seen 4 since I've been playing. Just seen one against Brian Dawkins on a Hail Mary to Randy Moss.

# 48 frankrizzo380 @ 09/24/09 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
I'm sure most of you don't care... but I didn't feel like making a new thread for it.

It looks like the patch fixed the 49ers helmet color, and added numbers to the Chargers 60's helmet (but didn't fix the wrong lightning bolt issue).
dude, u're a raiders fane giving updates about the 49ers and bolts, THEY BETTER CARE!!! lol
thanks for the heads up though, ill check it out after this game

# 49 DakkoN @ 09/24/09 09:08 AM
Deep ball game seems improved to me. Fast WRs are blowing by so-so CBs and staying ahead of them. Randy Moss is just torching guys.. Champ Bailey has held him in check for the most part, but anytime I catch them in zone, or switch him to the other side, he is just KILLING guys.

# 50 frankrizzo380 @ 09/24/09 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomza
It's just a dumb solution. Like I said, cut down the angle or make the back go further down field first before making his cut, fine. Better yet, improve the defensive AI.

But to actually slow down the speed of the back coming out of the backfield THAT MUCH now makes the R-stick left or right hot route for backs useless not to mention it's totally unrealistic. And there's no reason a back would slow down, then speed up while making the cut, then slow down again after making his cut which he now does. Just plain dumb.

It says... "Better play recognition in man coverage"

I wish that's what they did. Here's the reality...

"We slowed down the speed of the backs coming out of the backfield on certain hot routes to one-eighth to one-quarter normal speed so a baby could catch them."
oh yes i totalyagree with u, its a horrible "fix" anyway ulook at it... it like that Aciphex commercial about how this pill stops acid reflex but the side effects consist of gas and diharrea, WTF? thabks for the gas EA lol

# 51 frankrizzo380 @ 09/24/09 09:28 AM
omg,wes welker is beastin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my a$$!!!

# 52 BroMontana82 @ 09/24/09 09:31 AM
can you guys test out the pass rush as well?

# 53 spfhelmiii @ 09/24/09 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu

Can anyone confirm the 49ers helmet color fix? It should only be a quick confirmation that takes literally two minutes. If you load 49ers @ Cowboys, the old helmets looked almost coffee colored. So if someone loaded that up in Exhibition, took a look, and then quit out before reporting here, that would be fantastic.

I'm stuck at work for a long, long time... so this would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

# 54 LBzrule @ 09/24/09 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
oh yes i totalyagree with u, its a horrible "fix" anyway ulook at it... it like that Aciphex commercial about how this pill stops acid reflex but the side effects consist of gas and diharrea, WTF? thabks for the gas EA lol
It's only for the slant route anyways. I don't see any speed differential or any other routes out of the backfield. It is not a great solution, ultimately addressing the LB behavior is the solution. But it might break a host of other things. You can run a slant with your HB at normal speed if you have motioned him out of the backfield. Alot of people will just have to change this aspect of their offensive scheme.

# 55 countryboy @ 09/24/09 09:39 AM
the brown filter is annoying when playing the game in AFL legacy mode.

# 56 javy35 @ 09/24/09 09:41 AM
Anybody know if they fixed controlling the kicks in coach mode?

# 57 mikejs210 @ 09/24/09 09:45 AM
What's the point of watching CPU vs. CPU games with the broadcast cam? Are you telling me that people watch the computer play rather than play themselves?

# 58 BroMontana82 @ 09/24/09 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejs210
What's the point of watching CPU vs. CPU games with the broadcast cam? Are you telling me that people watch the computer play rather than play themselves?
lol. i kind of wish they addressed more pressing gameplay issues and then added this for patch 2 to be honest...

# 59 countryboy @ 09/24/09 09:53 AM
Ok, this patch has improved the quality of this game by a pretty good margin. The fatigue is the most notable thing for me, as I ran the ball down the Lions throats and watched as their players labored to fight off blocks, make sound tackles, and keep up with receivers on PA passes. On defense, I had to rotate d-lineman more than before due to them getting fatigue. This may be the most welcomed addition via the patch for me.

Also, it could just be a fluke, but through one half of football, I haven't seen the cpu bring all out blitzes that leave the middle of the field wide open. Yes, they have brought blitzes, but they haven't emptied the middle of the field. Again, I only played on half, but it was something that happened pretty frequently before. Maybe the better man coverage recognition fix in the patch, help eliminate/reduce this problem.

And thank goodness, I can now kick field goals without fear of being called for holding. 12pts via field goal in the 1st half, and none were brought back due to holding.

# 60 DakkoN @ 09/24/09 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejs210
Some people like coach mode. I'd love to see you take that argument to the Fire Pro Wrestling community. Those guys create thousands of create a wrestlers just to do CPU vs CPU matches against each other instead of playing it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.