Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Patch #1 for Madden NFL 10 is now available for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Please post your impressions here.

Quote:
"What's in the first title update:

Added Super Bowl and Playoff Field conditions for Online Franchise
Fixed False Start Grieving issues with Online games
Fixed video player issue where video would hang on latent connections
Improved uploaded highlight quality
Switched ranked online games to 7 min Q's
Fixed random stability issues
Added Broadcast Cam!

Gameplay Specific fixes:

Tuned slider effectiveness (Run blocking and broken tackles esp.)
Changes run blocking slider to not effect special teams
Made fatigue effect ratings more
Fixed WR release to where receivers release to both sides
Fixed incorrect spotting on punts out of bounds
Reduced/removed holding on kicking plays
Improved toe drag catch logic
Improved pursuit angles for outside running plays
Fixed defenders in pursuit running away from O-Line
Better play recognition in man coverage
Fixed double pass online exploit"

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 sportyguyfl31 @ 09/24/09 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
I dont know what sliders you use or what level you play on

but the cpu defenders no longer break before my receiver and that is about the only issue i have with the db play for the cpu.

now I am able to throw curl routes and deep post without the defender breaking before me

even deep balls you can get a step or 2 now

it was so bad before patch that i had to lower the cpu aggression slider from default and now i must raise it

I dont know how skilled you are or what sliders you use

This is an answer to my heartfelt prayers.

I dont want gimme's down the field, but I do want to have the chance of actually being rewarded for reading the 1 on 1 downfield matchup and going to it.

I have a couple of questions that I hope folks can shed some light on.

1) Is LB underneath zone play still "meh", or is the play recognition and pursuit, better.

2) User control DL play. Can I actually get off of a block and not get sucked into a vaccum

3) The man coverage..wr release issue.

--What's determining how the WR releases?

If the receiver is attempting to run a slant, does the Db reconize this, and cut off the route..forcing him to release either to the outside, or cuts off his path? (Dream come true, if the answer is yes)..or is it random?

4) Is playing on the broadcast cam, practical.

# 82 LBzrule @ 09/24/09 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Have the offensive line play improved?
Still some bugs. There are still times where the Offensive Tackle will just allow the DE to take the inside untouched. Understandable on blitz/overload blitz situations, but not 3 man rushes.

# 83 Bootzilla @ 09/24/09 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindflare210
"Even kiel"? Seriously? Where do you get the word "kiel" from? The correct word is Even KEEL.
Seriously. You just posted to correct someone's spelling of keel.

Darn, I just posted to comment on someone commenting about someone's spelling.

Anyway, back on topic. You to really need to try to get some 3 and outs because the fatigue will wear your defense down and make it really hard to stop the cpu offense when they go on sustained drives. It's really opened up the game.

# 84 bonannogiovanni @ 09/24/09 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
anyone else experiencing more penalties? I've been called for pass interference twice, once on defense and once on offense. The Lions were just called for PI as well.
Wow, I've never seen an OPI in my entire football gaming life!

# 85 cdon2k @ 09/24/09 10:22 AM
It's all good Country, I was just getting a bit tired of looking at people's impressions of the game that are skewed by people's adjustment of the game. Basically the info they are providing is useless because it's not what the majority of us will see (allpro/default sliders). I mean really, how useful is someone saying the run game is hard when they have it set to ALL Madden (which is cheesy by the way) with run blocking turned down. To me, these adjustments are made to make the default online setting (all pro/default sliders) play a better game of football. I am just getting tired of wading through posts that are skewed by people adjusting the game. Additionally, isn't there a slider thread or forum? But yeah, no disrespect country, you're one of my favorites lol

# 86 countryboy @ 09/24/09 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
hey country, what are your thoughts on CPU and HUM pass rush now? any difference? easier to get to the QB, especially with OLBs?
seems the same to me.

# 87 countryboy @ 09/24/09 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
It's all good Country, I was just getting a bit tired of looking at people's impressions of the game that are skewed by people's adjustment of the game. Basically the info they are providing is useless because it's not what the majority of us will see (allpro/default sliders). I mean really, how useful is someone saying the run game is hard when they have it set to ALL Madden (which is cheesy by the way) with run blocking turned down. To me, these adjustments are made to make the default online setting (all pro/default sliders) play a better game of football. I am just getting tired of wading through posts that are skewed by people adjusting the game. Additionally, isn't there a slider thread or forum? But yeah, no disrespect country, you're one of my favorites lol
ok..

# 88 countryboy @ 09/24/09 10:27 AM
does anyone know if the Supersim feature has been addressed at all? I haven't tried it out post-patch, but pre-patch it was screwed up royally, with games being nothing but offensive shootouts.

# 89 Brandwin @ 09/24/09 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomza
You want my impression? On the dumbing down of the R-stick left or right hot routed backs out of the backfield? Horrible.

I'm all in favor of cutting down the angle that the back can come out of the backfield which they have done. Now they have to go further up field before they make their cut. But what's with slowing down of the back for the first ten yards before he can make his cut like he's walking in freakin' molasses? This is the "solution" they came up with to backs coming out of the backfield in the flats being open?

NOT making the defensive AI smarter so they recognize them coming out of the backfield sooner, oh no...

But actually slowing down the speed of the backs coming out of the backfield like they all just pulled a hamstring or something, then speeding up to make the cut, then actually slowing down again just to be sure sure the AI DB has time to recover and catch him?

Wow. I have to do some more experimenting, but I am NOT happy with this change. This is just plain stupid and a lazy solution if you ask me. Just take out the R-stick left or right hot route altogether if you're going to do this to it. Ridiculous.
Can someone go into more detail about this?

# 90 cdon2k @ 09/24/09 10:29 AM
I'm going to let it drop as it seems as if I'm not being understood. I wasn't kidding about appreciating your work. You do a pretty good job and have to deal with a lot of crap. Patch sounds great.

# 91 MattyT @ 09/24/09 10:35 AM
This is so sick...spectating a game auto-enables the broadcast cam...old-school field markings in AFL Mode. I was really happy to see the AFL Mode already available on PS3, as well.

Once this next roster update comes out, I'll finally be able to start my franchise

# 92 cdon2k @ 09/24/09 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaugherty
well, sometimes all pro settings isn't hard enough for people. Then all madden is too hard. That's why you have people "adjusting the game". This is an impressions thread. People that are playing post patch may be playing with sliders. They can still post there impression. If you want a impression thread for the default game post patch, then i would recommend asking for one being open.
I understand that people need to adjust sliders because the difficulty setting is broken, but wouldn't it make sense to try the game at default after a patch that may have fixed issues that you had to adjust sliders for in the first place? Also, wouldn't you need a control sample to test a patch?

# 93 LBzrule @ 09/24/09 10:39 AM
Here is what I would confirm they came through really well on in this patch

1) WR Release as they said - also some DB's get roasted now if you press them and they get beat on streaks or fades with only a single Safety or cover 0.

2) Play Recognition in Man coverage - DB's seem to do a better job on recognizing "quick passes" and a lot of quick flats for example out of bunch. They seem to switch better as well.

3) Toe Drag Catch

4) Run blocking i'm still iffy about
5) Defensive Pursuit still very iffy about it. Need to see more.

# 94 MattyT @ 09/24/09 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomza
After breaking two tackles and running for about 40 yards, I got called for clipping. Never seen that before. Also, when I got back to the line, it was 1st and 13.
Clipping is 15 yards from the spot of the foul if downfield, if I remember correctly. Thusly, the penalty occured 12 yards downfield. (+12 yds - 15 yds = -3 yds).

# 95 MattyT @ 09/24/09 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindflare210
"Even kiel"? Seriously? Where do you get the word "kiel" from? The correct word is Even KEEL.
Possibly former Texas A&M and San Diego Chargers safety Terrence Kiel, who I forgot died in a car crash. RIP.

# 96 cdon2k @ 09/24/09 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaugherty
lol, ya i agree with you about trying them on default settings, but again you know how some people are. Me being a person that would forget to reset to default LOL. I totally agree with you there. I am sure that there is going to have to be some tweaking sliders to get them right. Nothing i wrote was mean't to offend either.
It's all good, no offense taken... and I always knew I was right, that's why I didn't get upset lol.

# 97 morieeel @ 09/24/09 10:55 AM
Impressions: More penalties Running game esp outside runs more effective ; D-line improvement none really; Pursuit angles better but still had two pick six ; fatigue increased?? or so it seemed as I was really able to close out the clock with Barber at the end against the eagles.
The slot post route still seemed to easy, pretty much 5 for 5 when I ran it.
I just used my current franchise and current my skill settings, so cant read to much into it, but I am worried since my game was shootout 49 - 30... Love the broadcast camera, but I tried coach mode and got bored after one quarter...

# 98 drae2 @ 09/24/09 11:05 AM
Has anyone noticed if the stats have been corrected in franchise?

# 99 LBzrule @ 09/24/09 11:07 AM
Correction - the plays with Fade Routes built into them like I Form Tight Verticals, the fade routes have been slowed down like the slant from the backfield.

# 100 Old Mr T @ 09/24/09 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'm not sure about 360, but for the PS3, you can delete the game data utility from your hard drive and that will eliminate the patch.
Thanks for that.

I'm on the 360 but the fact that you can do it on PS3 gives me hope

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.